I am bitterly pissed off!!

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Apocholypse
x3

I am bitterly pissed off!!

Post by Apocholypse » Mon, 10. Apr 06, 19:34

Nobody ever moan about the mods or ego again, they are saints!! I just bought Galactic Civ II limited edition and got a few problems with it which I need saughted. I posted twice on the forum and nobody can help me, there doesn't seem to be any moderators and the Administrators do not get involved. I then emailed there support and they don't answer. I very angry, bad customer service kills a game and i'd hate to take it back. Any body else got any problems with galactic civ II?

My saves take 40 minutes to load and It says my registration key is invalid so I can't get any patches or bonus material that i'm entitled by buying the limited edition :evil:

therjw
x2

Post by therjw » Mon, 10. Apr 06, 19:54

ahh, I know what the problem is It was due to the fact pandox (their EU distributer) sent the game with the wrong serial numbers however if you use this link Apocholypse they should send you a valid serial number http://www.galciv2.com/paradox/index.aspx?c=1

it never happened to me as I bought directly from stardock so I hope this fixes it and you dl the patch :wink:

edit: I bet I sould like an advertisement for stardock here dont i :P

X-Warrior B AS
Moderator (Nederlands)
Moderator (Nederlands)
x3tc

Post by X-Warrior B AS » Mon, 10. Apr 06, 21:17

Yeah I had a bad serial too, but I had notices that topic before I got the game, so I knew my way around...

Savegames can take a while to load, but not 40 minutes, that's just crazy. You playing on max size universe ? Because I've found that it matters rather a lot.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 10. Apr 06, 22:07

yeah my save games used to take about an hour load
but once i got the updated patch, then the save games started loading quicker again

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Mon, 10. Apr 06, 22:30

make sure that you don't have the adyieldmanager cookie on your machine - it a bloomin' nuisance and can slow down anything as far as I know..

If you find it - delete it immediately ( - blasted thing!!) :o
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

Apocholypse
x3

Post by Apocholypse » Mon, 10. Apr 06, 22:31

X-Warrior B AS wrote:Yeah I had a bad serial too, but I had notices that topic before I got the game, so I knew my way around...

Savegames can take a while to load, but not 40 minutes, that's just crazy. You playing on max size universe ? Because I've found that it matters rather a lot.
Yep largest map, I havn't taken over the universe but my income is at 24,000 BC per week :roll: I imagine thats a strain for the comp. Yep will see whether this works, thank you all guys. :D

Edit: Hold on hold on, this the one I already tryed but it just says :* The serial number you have entered does not match any data that is in our system. Please verify that you typed it in correctly.

What I do?

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Tue, 11. Apr 06, 02:00

The game has irrecoverable incompatability with my system, and it appears, a few other AMD/GF combo systems. I spent a long, long, time working with one of their guys creating filemon & regmon logs, debug logs, allsorts.

They're giving me a refund. Pity though, I wanted to play it.
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

Apocholypse
x3

Post by Apocholypse » Tue, 11. Apr 06, 11:25

esd wrote:The game has irrecoverable incompatability with my system, and it appears, a few other AMD/GF combo systems. I spent a long, long, time working with one of their guys creating filemon & regmon logs, debug logs, allsorts.

They're giving me a refund. Pity though, I wanted to play it.
It works on my PC, and it is such an awsome game, my serial code is just wrong. Something you would of thought they can sort but oh, they won't respond and send me a new one. It's not a case of my computer doesn't work, aside from the save takes ages, but as the other guy says thats what the patch is for. Unfortunatly I'm not allowed any patches because my serial code is invalid. I don't see why the're ignoring me, if it was egosoft I would of had it saughted by now.

dvd_r
x3

Post by dvd_r » Sun, 16. Apr 06, 12:02

Hi you talk about customer service with another product and game maker , but i had simlar problems with this site it took me over 4 months to be able to register my user account and the abyss didnt help with any of my requests for help , in the end it was a german adim that gave me the help i needed after coutless emails to other tech support. maybe im just a one off but as apocolipse says bad help does kill your enthusism for a game .

BDStyle
x3tc

Gal civ issues

Post by BDStyle » Sun, 16. Apr 06, 14:49

ooops this was meant for pm

DJ Die
Moderator (České)
Moderator (České)
x4

Post by DJ Die » Sun, 16. Apr 06, 15:15

this in not only game with such problems Nexus:the Jupiter Incident has same problems those who play game would be able to mod ut a lot but they cant without source code bacause its engine is somewhat strange it works just fine for original game(probably best tactical space game ever) but they tried 4xmod it wont work they run into lot of problems like jumping around etc... :cry:
Split now give you...AAARRRRGGGHH!

Return to “Off Topic English”