starship trooper screenshots..

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

darkelfsin

starship trooper screenshots..

Post by darkelfsin » Thu, 5. Oct 06, 14:07

i played FPS game for more than 10 years..st is just one of my favorate..

the starship trooper in 1997 movie just gave me a big impression..

all the design looks cool......unluckly no ships were made for x 3 mods.

anyway, the FPS st game plays good, although the graphic is outdated,

but some campaign plays really nice and fun

and i should say the music is the best of many games....

make ur heart boil ,......some shots i made here,,,,

just for amusement .., :D :roll:

http://darkelfsin.blog.sohu.com/14603534.html

http://darkelfsin.blog.sohu.com/14603748.html

Aramaye

Post by Aramaye » Thu, 5. Oct 06, 15:27

How so?

Looks fairly samey to me. Maybe it's just your screenshots, but I'm betting the "Oh crap, there are scary bug things surrounding me on all sides" scenario gets a bit tedious after a while....
Exiles and Driving EPs available on iTunes Now!

http://www.peoplearethings.com

http://www.soundcloud.com/peoplearethings

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Thu, 5. Oct 06, 18:01

That's a lot of bugs there. And graphics are ok.
Aramaye wrote:How so?
Looks fairly samey to me. Maybe it's just your screenshots, but I'm betting the "Oh crap, there are scary bug things surrounding me on all sides" scenario gets a bit tedious after a while....
Maybe you just have to be playing this game to know?

My favorite "oh crap" game remains Alien vs Predator 2... expecially in 'pseudo' 3D
Gimli wrote:Let the Orcs come as thick as summer-moths round a candle!

fud
x3

Post by fud » Thu, 5. Oct 06, 18:04

I played the demo for ST, for about 5 minutes.

mattstint
x4

Post by mattstint » Thu, 5. Oct 06, 19:20

One of the most pants games I've ever played. I'd rather play Pippa Funnels Horse Riding Stables
fud wrote:This place is a utopian oasis on the s**t sea that is the internet, and for that, I'm grateful. :)

fud
x3

Post by fud » Thu, 5. Oct 06, 19:30

lol. That was pretty much the point I was trying to convey, just in a slightly less harsh fashion. :)

mattstint
x4

Post by mattstint » Thu, 5. Oct 06, 19:32

As subtle as a breezeblock that's me ;)
fud wrote:This place is a utopian oasis on the s**t sea that is the internet, and for that, I'm grateful. :)

Belgarath
x4

Post by Belgarath » Thu, 5. Oct 06, 19:59

My favorite "Oh, Crap!!" game is System Shock 2. Turning a corner and coming face-to-face with a mutant scared the crap out of me quite a few times. I wish it would play on XP Pro, but it's a "no joy." :cry:
The new PC I just built for myself:
i5-13600k, 32GB DDR5 RAM, RTX 3060 12GB
It'll do until I can upgrade the graphics card.

jackleonfraust
x3

Post by jackleonfraust » Thu, 5. Oct 06, 20:01

there IS at least one ship i know of on rougey's site. though, i dont know if it has problems.

mattstint
x4

Post by mattstint » Thu, 5. Oct 06, 20:07

Belgarath wrote:My favorite "Oh, Crap!!" game is System Shock 2. Turning a corner and coming face-to-face with a mutant scared the crap out of me quite a few times. I wish it would play on XP Pro, but it's a "no joy." :cry:
Have you seen Bioshock?

Belgarath
x4

Post by Belgarath » Thu, 5. Oct 06, 20:14

I saw a preview of it in PC Gamer magazine, but I haven't actually seen the game. I guess I need to start looking for it.

I loved the original System Shock. It was way ahead of it's time when it came out. If Looking Glass Software had advertised it properly, everyone would have been saying, "Doom? What's that?"

System Shock 2 was even better. It had great game play, excellent monsters and a cool storyline.

I'm looking forward to Bioshock. I hope it lives up to it's predecessors.
The new PC I just built for myself:
i5-13600k, 32GB DDR5 RAM, RTX 3060 12GB
It'll do until I can upgrade the graphics card.

mattstint
x4

Post by mattstint » Thu, 5. Oct 06, 23:54

I fear the worst since it's a 360 exclusive to start off with. But most of the original SS2 team are working on it so hopefully they can pull of a good un. It's been a while since I've had the crap scared outta me! :D

Apart from that spider last night

RoguePhotonic
x2

Post by RoguePhotonic » Fri, 6. Oct 06, 01:58

I used to really enjoy the first star ship troopers game that was an RTS.
If it is to close your eyes that you seek, to
become deaf to the truth, to dismiss the obvious
- then you have succeeded most thoroughly.

Golden_Gonads
x3tc

Post by Golden_Gonads » Fri, 6. Oct 06, 02:16

Belgarath wrote:I'm looking forward to Bioshock. I hope it lives up to it's predecessors.

Sounds like it'll be a dumbed down shooter to me. Heres a couple of excerpts from an interview with one of the devs:

1) Dynamic Training. This is the big investment we're making, and we believe it's a key element to bringing deeper games to non-core gamers. And for the rest of you, it's our stake to the heart to tutorial-itis. It's a system that watches how you play and dynamically genereates advice to point you towards game play options you might be missing ("hey, ever thought of hacking?"), systems you might be using wrong ("hey, how about some armor piercing rounds on that bot!", or even game systems you just don't get ("hey that's 12 security cameras you've been spotted by in a row. want to learn more about the security system?"). You can, of course, turn this system off if you don't like it.

2) It's going to be pretty! Guess what: Shock 2 having ugly character models and no translucency in our sprites was not a design choice!

3) People who play the game guns blazing will have a AAA experience as well. In Shock 2, we don't think we really were fair to the guns guys. Without compromising all of the systems I described above (hacking, crafting, research, etc), we're going to make things blow up nice.

darkelfsin

Post by darkelfsin » Fri, 6. Oct 06, 06:11

nice reply baby~~~ :lol:

if anyone ever played space invader, that would be more great........

:lol: :lol:

Return to “Off Topic English”