On pets and politics...

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Wed, 22. Nov 06, 10:31

Don't talk to me about cats...

...woke this morning to find Frohiké had peed all over the sofa, and all over a basket full of clean washing...

..today, he's an outside cat.
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

Etolf
x3tc

Post by Etolf » Wed, 22. Nov 06, 10:40

:lol: why is it that cats always want a stroke when you're taking on half the pirates and Khaak in the galaxy in a M4 or similar?

Ben7el

Post by Ben7el » Wed, 22. Nov 06, 10:46

esd wrote:Don't talk to me about cats...

...woke this morning to find Frohiké had peed all over the sofa, and all over a basket full of clean washing...

..today, he's an outside cat.
My cat crapped and peed all over my bed while I was downstairs, after the 4th time I finally told my mom and we made a cage out of boxes for him in the basement. He escaped and peed behind the stairs ;(. We can't find how he escaped so now he owns the basement.

He is so fat(20 pounds) and cute though

thetack
x3tc

Post by thetack » Wed, 22. Nov 06, 11:03

as many of you may remember my daughters cat pi***d into my open computer last year and i can still smell the sweet aroma of hot cat pee burning circuit boards and wires in the office when the wind blows from the west and wafts the smell from the loft lovely.

ps it still smells beter than the perfume one of our teachers has just bought herself

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Wed, 22. Nov 06, 11:26

Ben7el wrote:My cat crapped and peed all over my bed while I was downstairs, after the 4th time I finally told my mom and we made a cage out of boxes for him in the basement. He escaped and peed behind the stairs ;(. We can't find how he escaped so now he owns the basement.

He is so fat(20 pounds) and cute though
Years ago when Frohiké was a bit unwell, he was perched on a freind's shoulder as he sat on the sofa when there was a sudden squelching noise and a cry of utter shock and disgust from my freind..

I'll leave the rest to your imagination :o

nNemethon
x3ap

Post by nNemethon » Wed, 22. Nov 06, 11:40

Poor puddy cats. Always blamed for everything bad. :( Mine perfect in every way except the fact I have to feed her in 2 parts, otherwise she scoffs so fast, she burgs it all up again. So how the preamble does she manage to be1/2 a kilo overwieght? :o \

Anyway, BACK to topic... :twisted:

I haven't looked into it yet, but what about changing the name of Avarice BEFORE you buy it by hex-editing the game file(s) proper by changing one of the pre-determined names that you have to select? Granted, you will still be told you have entered sector 'enter pontificate name here', but at least on the maps, it will be YOURS! :P I'm somewhat adept at hex-editing the working memory so that's where I usually do my, ahem, fiddling (but only for names now, no cheating involved per se).

Then again, no doubt someone here can take a voice recording of your own/bessy simulacrum and whop it in place of the actual sound chunk.

Summin for the tech forum mebbe...

/topic

K, back to off topic. :P

Cheers

nNem
"Although that question is less stupid, it was asked in a profoundly stupid manner." - Prof Farnesworth
----------
A diff signature every few months (not guaranteed, warranteed or warranted) ;)

blazer1121

Post by blazer1121 » Wed, 22. Nov 06, 11:49

:lol:
Why are you talking about sector names nNemethon? This is obviously a thread about all the bad pissing and sh*ting of cats. (Are we allowed to say sh*ting?) :lol:
This is good, there should be a whole book of, "The time my cat...." lol
I guess im kinda lucking not having any pissing pets, :) the most we have is hundreds of frogs in the back yard when it rains :)

efernal
x3tc

Post by efernal » Wed, 22. Nov 06, 13:24

you all think cats are bad? trying haveing a dog that has piss that smells worse than your worse morning piss all the time... now iminage being married to someone who isnt offened by this dogs pee being on the floor or coutch. since he likes to lift his leg on everything. gross and my wife wonders why I stay upstairs on the cpu to get my dose of news and "entertainment".

and to top off everthing I fell asleep in my cpu chair with the door open the other day. the little bastard walked in and pissed on a case of soda i had sitting next to me. that dog doesnt know just how lucky his is to still be able to sleep under the bed. was a former cage dog. then she adopted him him before we met a few years ago.

even still it wouldnt be the same without him barking up a storm when i get home from work.
Those Damn alien bastards are gonna pay for blowing up my ride!
--Duke Nukem 3D

softweir
xr

Post by softweir » Wed, 22. Nov 06, 14:04

Oh Tut Tut! It's bad enough that this thread has gone wildly off topic, but that ESD has forgotten he's a moderator and has actually contributed to all this cat-bashing instead of sending it to the loony asylum where it belongs is unforgivable! :o

I might just sic CBJ on this thread. :D
My new fave game (while waiting for Rebirth) - Kerbal Space Program

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 22. Nov 06, 14:11

Yes, a stamp of "Off Topic" could be in order. These "cats" seem dangerous indeed. :cry:

Out of the predefined names (in English game) only "Legend's Home" has any practical purpose. It starts with 'L'. Second 'L' on the map after Light of Home. The rest are hopeless. I wonder if on some other language edition there is unique initial. Or, if one really could hex-edit, would it work as shortcut?

Whatever the price of Avarice is, remember: "easy come, easy go".

atomicpig
x3tc

Post by atomicpig » Wed, 22. Nov 06, 14:15

I ahve the answer to all cat pissin problems,,,,,,,,,he's my dog ! 6 stone of German Shepherd!
Can't cut the grass its raining better stay in and play!

fud
x3

Post by fud » Wed, 22. Nov 06, 14:19

esd wrote: Years ago when Frohiké was a bit unwell, he was perched on a freind's shoulder as he sat on the sofa when there was a sudden squelching noise...

:lol:

That's one of the most aweful sounds imaginable. When I was a kid, our family cat used to eat tinsil of the Christmas tree. Within seconds, it'd make that noise....it happend in my youth, so it still makes me cringe 30 years later.

What was worse, when the tinsil ran it's course. Then the cat would run thru the house, doing it's impression of a wedding limo pulling cans behind it.

That was the first time I heard my mother swear.

foxy42

Post by foxy42 » Wed, 22. Nov 06, 14:20

@jlehtone: Stop posting off-topic, you, this thread is about cats... :wink:

PS the guy who said his cat is like 22lb, that doesn't mean a lot to me, I could convert it but I can't be bothered, just wanted to say mine is 9.5kilos...he's a naturally VERY large cat, and fat as can be! He's the living incarnation of Garfield, he's orange with stripes, huge and fat, lazy, the only problem is he's only got one eye...he was rescued from the wild (on the island of myconos) when he was only 12cm long!! He comes from many generations of wild cats, and although he sometimes wants attention, if you stroke him at the wrong time, and he wants to play, you WILL lose a hand...he doesn't play 'nice'...but he's wicked, loadsa character...
"We only want peace!!"
"Split say DIE!!!! Fish boy!"

foxy42

Post by foxy42 » Wed, 22. Nov 06, 14:22

atomicpig wrote:I ahve the answer to all cat pissin problems,,,,,,,,,he's my dog ! 6 stone of German Shepherd!
My cat would rip him a new one...seriously, I've got scars to prove it, and when it's pill time, it takes two fully grown men to hold him down... :wink:
"We only want peace!!"

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Wed, 22. Nov 06, 14:38

fud wrote:That's one of the most aweful sounds imaginable. When I was a kid, our family cat used to eat tinsil of the Christmas tree. Within seconds, it'd make that noise....it happend in my youth, so it still makes me cringe 30 years later.
Wrong end.... it wasn't his mouth :o

Augustini
x4

Post by Augustini » Wed, 22. Nov 06, 14:44

If you want the sector named in a specific way, just write a script...

fud
x3

Post by fud » Wed, 22. Nov 06, 15:17

esd wrote: Wrong end.... it wasn't his mouth :o

:lol: Holy hell.... :o

I bet your friend was never the same after that, was he?

Thanks mate, you've got me laughing in the office.

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Wed, 22. Nov 06, 15:31

I guess you'd have to call that a cat-as-trophy..!! :D
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

The_Abyss
x3

Post by The_Abyss » Wed, 22. Nov 06, 15:33

Not really a purrfect description.
Strung out on Britain's high, hitting an all time low

foxy42

Post by foxy42 » Wed, 22. Nov 06, 15:42

blazer1121 wrote::lol:
Why are you talking about sector names nNemethon? This is obviously a thread about all the bad pissing and sh*ting of cats. (Are we allowed to say sh*ting?) :lol:
This is good, there should be a whole book of, "The time my cat...." lol
I guess im kinda lucking not having any pissing pets, :) the most we have is hundreds of frogs in the back yard when it rains :)
Hmmmm, if you had a cat, that would solve your frog problems...you'd then have a hundreds of dead green 'presents' on your kitchen floor.

Cats are the best. 8)
"We only want peace!!"

Return to “Off Topic English”