Steam Winter Sale Starts.

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

[SOLAR]INFERNO
x4

Steam Winter Sale Starts.

Post by [SOLAR]INFERNO » Mon, 19. Dec 11, 19:37

It's the time when the Steam servers get overloaded, and they reduce most of their games. :D

This year they're giving away vouchers to get X% off Xgame/s or you have a chance to win a game.

A shame, I preferred the Summer event where you could unlock special DLC's for your games. Such as the extra sector for TC... :(

Still... anyone here got any games they're hoping to see reduced?

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Mon, 19. Dec 11, 19:55

Hoping to see Sam and Max and Monkey Island cheap. Looks like my first wish has already come true. ;)

It looks like tehre will be a give-away as with the summer sale too; check out the 'Great Gift Pile'.
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

amtct
x3ap

Post by amtct » Mon, 19. Dec 11, 20:01

Rapier wrote:It looks like tehre will be a give-away as with the summer sale too; check out the 'Great Gift Pile'.
How?
I get Error 503 for free :D

I don't need any game but my wife allowed me to transfer 50€ in my steam wallet just for games.Believe it or not that is my christams gift...50€ more expensive than the last year :(

[SOLAR]INFERNO
x4

Post by [SOLAR]INFERNO » Mon, 19. Dec 11, 20:05

Rapier wrote:
It looks like tehre will be a give-away as with the summer sale too; check out the 'Great Gift Pile'.
Yeah, I won a 33% off any game developed by Valve, and a copy of Mafia(Nice, I suppose.)

greypanther
x3ap

Post by greypanther » Mon, 19. Dec 11, 20:40

i thought you was in charge Adrian? :roll:
Pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space
'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth

T.S.Zatoichi
x3tc

Post by T.S.Zatoichi » Mon, 19. Dec 11, 20:49

greypanther wrote:i thought you was in charge Adrian? :roll:
Hahaha, of course not, he's married. :)
"I'm shocked! Shocked to learn that there is gambling going on in here!"
"Your winnings, sir."
"Oh! Thank you very much."

amtct
x3ap

Post by amtct » Mon, 19. Dec 11, 20:50

Grinch wrote:i thought you was in charge Adrian? :roll:
You really have to ruin my Christmas :lol:

I bought Homefront *cough* kimmy *cough* ....:roll:

greypanther
x3ap

Post by greypanther » Mon, 19. Dec 11, 21:01

I so wish I had an emoticon for being under the thumb! :D

Anyway, just imagine yourself being squished by a big lady thumb!

( I dont think he can twist that sentence... :gruebel: )
Pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space
'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Mon, 19. Dec 11, 21:48

Another Steam sale? It's only about a week since the last one, isn't it? :roll:

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Mon, 19. Dec 11, 21:52

pjknibbs wrote:Another Steam sale? It's only about a week since the last one, isn't it? :roll:
Seems so and the buggers only seem to put on sale games I already bought.

Only good thing I bought was last of the Shogun 2 DLC's I was missing.
FAQ's Egosoft Interactive FAQ
Egosoft Wiki

amtct
x3ap

Post by amtct » Mon, 19. Dec 11, 22:00

[SOLAR]INFERNO wrote:Yeah, I won a 33% off any game developed by Valve, and a copy of Mafia(Nice, I suppose.)
How ?
I got a 25% discount and that's it.I cant use it because I have all games from valve.I also bought Mafia 2 for 50€ so I think its about time to get something for free .

Middle age crisis :roll:

[SOLAR]INFERNO
x4

Post by [SOLAR]INFERNO » Mon, 19. Dec 11, 23:00

AdrianM wrote:
[SOLAR]INFERNO wrote:Yeah, I won a 33% off any game developed by Valve, and a copy of Mafia(Nice, I suppose.)
How ?
I got a 25% discount and that's it.I cant use it because I have all games from valve.I also bought Mafia 2 for 50€ so I think its about time to get something for free .

Middle age crisis :roll:
You have to do one of the objectives(See the Great Gift Pile), it asks you to look at your inventory, but the said link keeps failing to process my request... They've not upgraded their servers enough... as usual...

amtct
x3ap

Post by amtct » Mon, 19. Dec 11, 23:06

[SOLAR]INFERNO wrote:You have to do one of the objectives(See the Great Gift Pile), it asks you to look at your inventory, but the said link keeps failing to process my request... They've not upgraded their servers enough... as usual...
I did that and I got 25% discount for Valve games.I have all their games which makes that cupon useless.Also it seems everyone on Steam got at least on game in their library.I got ZERO .I guess that's because I usually buy games at release date for 50€ and on their servers my account is marked as "the idiot" :roll:

I also have no TF2 items from drops.Somehow I'm the only one who was banned by the drop system .Again that's because I spent @60 euros in their store.

EDIT: It seems the Christmas sales ended in my country .The steam page is back to normal and I no longer have my cupon :lol:

Pirate hater
x2

Post by Pirate hater » Mon, 19. Dec 11, 23:15

AdrianM wrote:
[SOLAR]INFERNO wrote:You have to do one of the objectives(See the Great Gift Pile), it asks you to look at your inventory, but the said link keeps failing to process my request... They've not upgraded their servers enough... as usual...
I did that and I got 25% discount for Valve games.I have all their games which makes that cupon useless.Also it seems everyone on Steam got at least on game in their library.I got ZERO .I guess that's because I usually buy games at release date for 50€ and on their servers my account is marked as "the idiot" :roll:

I also have no TF2 items from drops.Somehow I'm the only one who was banned by the drop system .Again that's because I spent @60 euros in their store.

EDIT: It seems the Christmas sales ended in my country .The steam page is back to normal and I no longer have my cupon :lol:
Well thought I would update everyone.

You can now buy games off Steam, they have fixed that at least. However, 4 hours in and I can not see my inventory or the Great Gift Pile on the front page without an error message.

Just bought the Introversion complete pack for £3, as oddly enough I had never got round to buying Darwinia.

Consider yourself lucky, I have 2 gifts to check but can't until I can access the server. Then we can both moan about Coupons for Value games (Seriously I own nearly all of them and the rest I may as well buy in the sale as the coupons are for after the sale).

[SOLAR]INFERNO
x4

Post by [SOLAR]INFERNO » Mon, 19. Dec 11, 23:20

AdrianM wrote:I did that and I got 25% discount for Valve games.I have all their games which makes that cupon useless.Also it seems everyone on Steam got at least on game in their library.I got ZERO .I guess that's because I usually buy games at release date for 50€ and on their servers my account is marked as "the idiot" :roll:

That's strange, you're supposed to get one for just going through its introduction, and then an additional one for viewing your inventory. Perhaps it's just these super slow servers taking ages to update.

Edit: By the way, the winner on January gets EVERY single game on Steam. For details, see here. Keep at least one piece of coal in your inventory for a chance to win though. :)

amtct
x3ap

Post by amtct » Mon, 19. Dec 11, 23:26

[SOLAR]INFERNO wrote:That's strange, you're supposed to get one for just going through its introduction, and then an additional one for viewing your inventory. Perhaps it's just these super slow servers taking ages to update.
Mmm ,no ,I'm not in the right country to get free games
http://steamtreasurehunt.wikia.com/wiki ... ves#Prizes
Pirate hater wrote:Consider yourself lucky, I have 2 gifts to check ....
It seems you don't like to read
I do not have anything now.No coupons ,nothing ,not even the christmas sale

They read the this forum and said "this guy is not happy so we take his coupon " :D

Pirate hater
x2

Post by Pirate hater » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 01:14

AdrianM wrote:
[SOLAR]INFERNO wrote:That's strange, you're supposed to get one for just going through its introduction, and then an additional one for viewing your inventory. Perhaps it's just these super slow servers taking ages to update.
Mmm ,no ,I'm not in the right country to get free games
http://steamtreasurehunt.wikia.com/wiki ... ves#Prizes
Pirate hater wrote:Consider yourself lucky, I have 2 gifts to check ....
It seems you don't like to read
I do not have anything now.No coupons ,nothing ,not even the christmas sale

They read the this forum and said "this guy is not happy so we take his coupon " :D

Nope I read your edit at the time and just thought you were pointing out the steam front page had reverted to pre sale screen (happened to me about 3 times at the height of their issues today).

You should get the coupon back, they seem to be experiencing major issues with the sale.

Tycow
x4

Post by Tycow » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 02:57

Just Cause 2 is a steal at that price. :)

amtct
x3ap

Post by amtct » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 03:27

Pirate hater wrote:You should get the coupon back, they seem to be experiencing major issues with the sale.
Yeah right ....

I bought Homefront 2 hours before the sale so it worked.Now trying to restart steam something wrong happened and I don;t get that steam guard verfication code in my email .That means I can't use my steam account. :|

Pirate hater
x2

Post by Pirate hater » Tue, 20. Dec 11, 03:29

Tycow wrote:Just Cause 2 is a steal at that price. :)
I had awful issues with Just Cause 2. Fun from what I managed to play.

I bought Saints row 2 and god damn its an awful port. Press esc or enter to continue, use shift and ctrl to cycle through menus... Its enjoyable so far only two missions in, but the weird controls take a bit of getting use to. Luckily I found that 1-0 would select weapons so I don't have to hold Q and highlight a weapon but moving my mouse in a certain direction.

Very fast moving cars, a quick google highlighted it as a Windows 7 issue with a mod solution.

Return to “Off Topic English”