LAPTOP and Albion

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

XOOR
x4

LAPTOP and Albion

Post by XOOR » Mon, 13. Feb 12, 22:05

Hello i am a long running fan of the x-series and have just found out there is a new one, i unfortunately am using a laptop these days and was just wondering if anybody would be able to advise me as to whether x3- Albion would run well atall on my

Toshiba c660?

any help would be great thanks as i would love to play it but appreciate that not graphics card might be a bad thing :-s

cheakytoast
x3tc

Post by cheakytoast » Mon, 13. Feb 12, 22:11

Looks like the specs for that model vary qutie a bit so it's impossible to say.
If you could tell us that would be v.helpful

Judging from what i've read about that laptop it doesn't seem to have a dedicated GPU so my guess is that it won't play.

XOOR
x4

Post by XOOR » Mon, 13. Feb 12, 22:16

Thankyou i may try and buy it and get back to you guys thankyou =)

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 13. Feb 12, 22:22

If you do buy and install it, be sure to register it in your forum profile. Then if you have any questions about performance or other issues, you can post in the Tech Support forum with your system information. Good luck. :)
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

cheakytoast
x3tc

Post by cheakytoast » Mon, 13. Feb 12, 22:23

Wait, do you already play Terran conflict or Reunion on that laptop? If so then it should be able to play it since it uses the same engine.

Also if you aren't anti-steam then you should just wait till the next sale on steam. I bought all the X-games for £9.99 plus AP isn't that much fun ATM but should be great when the new update is out.

Corsair1
xr

Post by Corsair1 » Tue, 14. Feb 12, 03:21

AP works reasonably well on my laptop, which is a few years old now. That said, I have to lower the settings to medium or lower, but that doesn't affect gameplay so it doesn't bother me much.

I have a dual 2.1Ghz Dell Studio, with a Radeon 4500 HD and 4gig of ram. So it's not a beast and runs it. So if you got better then those stats, it should work reasonably well. It's only locked up once, and there were over 100 ships shooting each other at the time, with XRM installed. I was unable to find what Video Card the toshiba used.

There seem to be a few varients of Toshiba c660, I speak from experience, if you don't have a numpad....it's a pain in the ass at times, but again, I can put up with it.
If you can't win, run.

Al
x3tc

Post by Al » Thu, 16. Feb 12, 17:56

If you decide to try it post an update with the laptop specs and how you get on.

I've got a newish cheap Dell laptop (no idea of model number but its got an i3 in it) which I might be forced to try running it on in the absence of my desktop.
X2 Capture Guru - X3:TC Noob :D
X2 Capture Guide

Return to “Off Topic English”