What women really needed.

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Cpt.Jericho
x3tc

What women really needed.

Post by Cpt.Jericho » Thu, 30. Jan 14, 00:08

If there is one thing Japanese can do then it's crazy stuff: A bra that opens when the wearer meets her true love.
Boils down to this: The bra has a heart rate sensor and sends the data to a mobile phone, which determines if the thing opens or not. I wouldn't be surprised if that also triggered dozens of pop-ups with wedding dress ads and such.
:rofl:
Winner of 350 Mil class of X-Verse Fleet Fest Italiano
Boycotting Steam since 2003

clakclak
x3

Post by clakclak » Thu, 30. Jan 14, 00:16

Japan, you did it again. :D :shock:
"The problem with gender is that it prescribes how we should be rather than recognizing how we are. Imagine how much happier we would be, how much freer to be our true individual selves, if we didn't have the weight of gender expectations." - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

Chobittsu
x4

Post by Chobittsu » Thu, 30. Jan 14, 00:16

This is one of the many reasons I LOVE Japan~<3

Usenko
x3

Post by Usenko » Thu, 30. Jan 14, 01:23

Seriously, Japan, WTF?! :)

The article mentions the inconvenient timing aspect, but there's another side to it. Say that a couple have been married 20 years or more. By that time, even in the most loving of relationships, there won't be the same excitement as first romance. If the woman is relying on this device to undo the bra, they'll be trying to work up the excitement all night. ;-)
Morkonan wrote:What really happened isn't as exciting. Putin flexed his left thigh during his morning ride on a flying bear, right after beating fifty Judo blackbelts, which he does upon rising every morning. (Not that Putin sleeps, it's just that he doesn't want to make others feel inadequate.)

Skism
x3tc

Post by Skism » Thu, 30. Jan 14, 01:58

Now thats smart technology!

has its flaws but cool none the less

athough whats really needed is something to give women common sense
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest."

-Thomas Paine-

felter
xr

Post by felter » Thu, 30. Jan 14, 02:19

You have to feel sorry for that poor wench that never finds true love, if she puts that bra on she will never able to remove it, she would even have to be buried in the thing.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 30. Jan 14, 02:38

Methinks that's the wrong piece of safety lingerie to "help save women from one-night stands with less-than-savory men". It's the piece lower down that needs to be kept on. :wink:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Skism
x3tc

Post by Skism » Thu, 30. Jan 14, 04:20

Nanook wrote:Methinks that's the wrong piece of safety lingerie to "help save women from one-night stands with less-than-savory men". It's the piece lower down that needs to be kept on. :wink:
Thats called a chastity belt ;)

-Thomas Paine-

notaterran
x3tc

Post by notaterran » Thu, 30. Jan 14, 05:18

Some of the comments over there are really good.
-Skinny women look good in clothes, fit women look good naked.

Maximum476
x3tc

Post by Maximum476 » Thu, 30. Jan 14, 12:08

Could be fun for would be hackers :D
%41%72%65%20%79%6F%75%20%62%6F%72%65%64%3F%00

theeclownbroze
x4

Post by theeclownbroze » Thu, 30. Jan 14, 17:14

we need this in australia...

ThommoHawk
x4

Post by ThommoHawk » Thu, 30. Jan 14, 17:55

:roll: oh, electronic love response self opening bra. how cute. can't be taken seriously surely. would be a novelty item, maybe for vanlentines day gift from stupid boyfriend. While I can see the fun value, there might be much grief caused by this thing, heh ...

scenario 1) Valentines day. boy gives girl bra. waits expectantly for girly to appear with new lingerie,. Bra fail to open, girls vital signs are not received as 'tru love' when she comes out, sees him drooling in expectation. girl thinks, "This must mean I don't love him", and ends relationship. Like star sign incompatibility thing. Ex Boyfriend is devastated, asks for returnd of bra, at home later, he burns it and the house catches fire.
(according to love by your stars, only 1 in twelve people can be considered compatible, and all others are disqualified, how stupid is that? talk about extreme prejudice ...)

scenario 2) Research for TNBT. Bernd and the team go on another pub crawl in New Zealand to check out some pole dancers again, (additional research for XRebirth 2), and sees this auto bra in action like this; a 90 year old grandma in space costume comes in wearing this bra, sees Bernd and lo and behold it pops open at him, and her tits fly out in awesome splendour. She says to him "Show me your wares." Instead of running for his life, Bernd says, "hey cool guys, lets implement that in XRebirth 2! And put one on Yisha! We can make this into a mini game!"

scenario 3) ... be my guest ... :D

edit; added some stuff here and there, couldn't help myself :oops:
Last edited by ThommoHawk on Thu, 30. Jan 14, 18:39, edited 2 times in total.
[XTrilogy]: Holy Argnu cows! I have found it! An asteroid of pure ore - 100% - I am rich! Now, I just need to find one like that made from silicon. hmmm, where do I want to go today?
X REBIRTH? "JUST A TOURIST until X4 IS RELEASED! Because That SUPERNOVA sure went FUBAR" (Quoting T.Hawk. Read all about it at: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=353678) :x3:

brucewarren
x3tc

Post by brucewarren » Thu, 30. Jan 14, 18:27

I'll repost this. I posted it before, but then saw it was already mentioned in the comments on the page and deleted it.

The assumption here is that only "lurv" would set it off, but there are many reasons why someone's heart might race.

Suppose a woman is at am important board meeting or maybe a job interview.

Under the stress of presenting her ideas for improving the company's performance her heart rate rises and her bra pops open.

As to the purported intent of the device, it would be far more useful if it could run a background check on the guy to determine whether he was an honest fellow or a "player". I'd imagine she'd be perfectly capable of deciding for herself if she's physically attracted to him.

greypanther
x3ap

Post by greypanther » Thu, 30. Jan 14, 19:23

Surely this is not meant to be taken seriously? maybe in Japan where they seem to want robots to rule the earth, but anywhere else? I mean the Japanese even brought us Dog wigs and toupees!
Pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space
'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth

Skism
x3tc

Post by Skism » Thu, 30. Jan 14, 20:09

ThommoHawk wrote::roll: oh, electronic love response self opening bra. how cute. can't be taken seriously surely. would be a novelty item, maybe for vanlentines day gift from stupid boyfriend. While I can see the fun value, there might be much grief caused by this thing, heh ...

scenario 2) Research for TNBT. Bernd and the team go on another pub crawl in New Zealand to check out some pole dancers again, (additional research for XRebirth 2), and sees this auto bra in action like this; a 90 year old grandma in space costume comes in wearing this bra, sees Bernd and lo and behold it pops open at him, and her tits fly out in awesome splendour. She says to him "Show me your wares." Instead of running for his life, Bernd says, "hey cool guys, lets implement that in XRebirth 2! And put one on Yisha! We can make this into a mini game!"
Oh Jesus don't give Bernd ideas....please don't jix it!

-Thomas Paine-

Usenko
x3

Post by Usenko » Fri, 31. Jan 14, 06:35

Should I merge this thread with "favourite future tech"? :-)
Morkonan wrote:What really happened isn't as exciting. Putin flexed his left thigh during his morning ride on a flying bear, right after beating fifty Judo blackbelts, which he does upon rising every morning. (Not that Putin sleeps, it's just that he doesn't want to make others feel inadequate.)

notaterran
x3tc

Post by notaterran » Tue, 4. Feb 14, 02:49

Japan is certainly strange.
-Skinny women look good in clothes, fit women look good naked.

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Tue, 4. Feb 14, 08:07

notaterran wrote:Japan is certainly strange.
isn't their birthrate still better than german?
"If any idiot ever tells you that life would be meaningless without death, Hyperion recommends killing them"

lets pretend november 15 never happened

johncage

Post by johncage » Wed, 5. Feb 14, 21:10

another invention born of sexual retardation.

Cpt.Jericho
x3tc

Post by Cpt.Jericho » Wed, 5. Feb 14, 21:54

I wouldn't say the thought behind it is as noble as being sexually motivated. It's just plain capitalism. :twisted:
Winner of 350 Mil class of X-Verse Fleet Fest Italiano
Boycotting Steam since 2003

Return to “Off Topic English”