pane removal after setting a command

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

eskeemer
x3

pane removal after setting a command

Post by eskeemer » Wed, 21. Jan 09, 09:27

When I select combat in the command console then say attack enemies the auto pilot activates and off we go but when I want to shut the pane off to give me a clear screen I get the message "autopilot off" how can I get rid of the pane and still maintain the command?

{moved from TC tech support - Carlo}

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Wed, 21. Jan 09, 11:48

Can't you just press escape or delete?

eskeemer
x3

Post by eskeemer » Thu, 22. Jan 09, 07:57

tried pressing escape and delete pane goes but message same "autopilot off"

NeverSnake
x3tc

Post by NeverSnake » Thu, 22. Jan 09, 17:28

Just to clarify which 'pane' are you talking about? A picture would be helpful. Is it the ship's command console, or do you mean the larger recticule, or something else?
"There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as easy to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no longer know how to use my telephone" — Bjarne Stroustrup

MegaJohnny
x4

Post by MegaJohnny » Thu, 22. Jan 09, 18:48

If you're hitting escape to get out of the command console and having the command cancel then that's a bit weird. Try it with something else like fly-to-sector.

kylania
x4

Post by kylania » Thu, 22. Jan 09, 21:53

I get the same with just flying around and the Sector Map. I'll aim one direction, hit SETA, open Sector Map to watch my progress, and SETA will shut off, so I have to engage it again.

If I want to turn, I need to close the Sector Map -- disabling SETA again -- then turn via lclick-mousedrag, then reopen Sector Map, then reenable SETA. So annoying. :)

Other than joystick, is there anyway to steer my ship while in the Sector Map? Or keep SETA running when I open/close Sector Map?

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Thu, 22. Jan 09, 21:55

SETA is different to the auto-pilot.

Any significant input will drop you out of SETA - that's how it's supposed to work.

Spaceweed Adict
x3tc

Post by Spaceweed Adict » Thu, 22. Jan 09, 22:03

Simple I take it you want to watch you ship without the HUD in combat.
Ok.
Shift/H clears HUD
Shift/C - combat - Atack all Enemies.
Esc.
Now sit back and watch you ship take out all the bad guys. :wink:

eskeemer
x3

Post by eskeemer » Fri, 23. Jan 09, 10:43

tried all these no luck just to clarify I`m using Cycrows package and when the games loaded on left I choose ship/ auto pilot/command console/combat/ attack enemies at this point voice says auto :evil: pilot on then to get rid of command console pane I press either top right of pane, delete, esc then the pane disappears but the voice says autopilot off and of course the command ends.
There`s got to be an answer to this because it`s fundamental to game play no-one wants anything in the middle of the screen whatevever your trying to do unless it`s being used.

Spaceweed Adict
x3tc

Post by Spaceweed Adict » Fri, 23. Jan 09, 12:20

Don't know exactly waht you mean by pane :gruebel:

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Fri, 23. Jan 09, 13:55

The fundamental answer to this is that it doesn't happen for most people. The only thing I can think of is that you've somehow reassigned the keys so that the same key which closes the menus etc. also disables the autopilot--I reiterate, that does not happen in the default keyboard layout.

eskeemer
x3

Post by eskeemer » Sat, 24. Jan 09, 10:26

pjknibbs wrote:The fundamental answer to this is that it doesn't happen for most people. The only thing I can think of is that you've somehow reassigned the keys so that the same key which closes the menus etc. also disables the autopilot--I reiterate, that does not happen in the default keyboard layout.

I`ve wittled the problem down to the x45 joystick tried altering various assignments allied to the joystick that didn`t work so as a last resort I unplugged the joystick and that did the trick so have you any idea how I can get the joystick back on line without introducing the original problem.
thanks fo your help

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Sat, 24. Jan 09, 11:54

Moved back to tech support, since this seems to be a technical issue after all.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 24. Jan 09, 13:12

The usual issue with Saitek X45 and X52 is constant signals being sent by the MODE switch on them, but the symptoms you're having don't sound like the ones you get when that's happening. You could try disabling that switch in the joystick profiler.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”