Game crash.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 10. Feb 09, 20:50

You got a response to your last question, to which you said "ok thanks". You then posted the same question again. If you want a different answer then you have to ask a different question! Creating a new thread every time isn't going to help you or anyone else.

Olasuvan
x3

Post by Olasuvan » Wed, 11. Feb 09, 01:57

how i can get reply anymore. I try to change a subject because its not crash. game works after 1 minute but it do it again an again everytime i do something bigger.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 11. Feb 09, 02:07

If you want more help then you'll need to provide more information. Did you try the disk defragmentation I suggested? How often does it happen? What is this "something bigger" that you do that triggers it? How long does it actually last? Is there any disk activity during the pause?

Olasuvan
x3

Post by Olasuvan » Mon, 16. Feb 09, 16:38

I do the diskfragmentation. It didn't help.

This freezing happens really often. Everytime i start a game then it do it when i go to spacestation and out of it. Sometimes it even freeze when i shoot and explode another ship.

Freezing time is about minute everytime.

There is disk activity during the pause.

Erazerhead
x3tc

Post by Erazerhead » Sat, 7. Mar 09, 23:59

Try running the game in XP compatibility mode. Worked for me.

Beltu Cadros
x3tc

Post by Beltu Cadros » Wed, 11. Mar 09, 21:31

This sounds very similar to a problem I had when I first got X3TC.
I'd had and played X3 Reunion with no problems at all, then not really used the computer for gaming for a long time (about a year; too many good games released for the 360 :p ). Then when I got and loaded up X3TC, it was loading up fine, but locking up left right and centre, essentially any time there was a lot going on (initial sector loading, big fights etc) it would lock up, sometimes looping whatever sound file was playing at the time. If I left it locked up for a minute or two it would eventually spring back to life and carry on as if there was nothing wrong.

After much head scratching, I found the problem; my GPU was hitting well over 140c under load! So I whipped the card out, removed the fan case and found a year and a bit worth of dust and crud welded to the heat sink.(oops) There was a clear cm of compacted dust on the sink, so virtually no air was getting through it. I gave it a good clean and replaced the contact paste, and hey presto; problem solved.

My system is far from spectacular:
AMD Athlon 64 3700+ (2.19 GHz)
1Gig RAM (yus, just the 1 gig)
NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GT (512Mb)

But the game mostly chugs along fine @ 25 to 40 FPS on the following settings:
1360x768x32
Textures: Medium
Shaders: High
More light sources: Yes
Colour Variations: Yes
AQC: Yes
Antialiasing: x2
Anisotropic: x8
Glow: Yes

If a major battle rears up, it'll drop down to the 10 – 15 FPS range, sometimes lower (like when the game rather unsportingly dumped three Kha'ak Carriers and a hundred or so scouts on me during one early patrol mission) but dropping the settings to low/medium solves that (sticking in a bit more RAM would probably help me here too).

But anyhoo, for me at least, the issue was a bit of a school-boy error, I went from lock ups to the game performing well above my expectations just by doing a spot of dusting. That and the dog is now banned from shedding hair in the study :D

Olasuvan
x3

Post by Olasuvan » Sun, 13. Sep 09, 18:08

I got new computer when i try first time this game so its not dust problem and yes i try xp compatibility mode but not working. Now i try again play the game because there was more patches available but its didn't work out. But i find whan thing what maybe info about the problem. My i7 cpu all processes got huge peak when the freeze cames. I have tried low resolution and everything but maybe this help something if samebody got i7 too.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”