'X3AP 3.0 has stopped working' after loading a saved game. FIXED in Update.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Devor
x4

'X3AP 3.0 has stopped working' after loading a saved game. FIXED in Update.

Post by Devor » Wed, 15. May 13, 18:58

Tried loading the manual save I created at the end of my last session and got the widows dialog box 'X3AP has stopped working'. Clicked the 'close program' button which is the only option on the dialog box and the X3AP disappears and I am back on the desktop.

I though OK so rebooted PC and tried again with same result (I have had other program cause issue when running X3). OK the file must be corrupt so went for the last auto save that was only about 2 mins of game time and the addition of a PAC to my Buster. Same result again. 2 currupt files?

So restarted the game again and reload the second auto save back and this loaded OK. Difference between the auto saves 1 and 2 is that I had puchased item on the stock market and moved from equipment dock in Seizwell to equipment dock in Argon Prime.

This is the first time I have saved with items on the stock exchange. Is it not advised to save while you have items on the exchange or am I just unlucky and have 2 corrupt files?

Running Windows 8 64bit. Save are 2.5.3 and just notices X3AP has updated to 3.0.

Any help or ideas.

Thanks.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 15. May 13, 19:14

Let Steam verify the gamecache to ensure that the Update was downloaded correctly.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Eldoran
x3tc

Post by Eldoran » Wed, 15. May 13, 19:15

Hi, same problem here, only since the new 3.0 patch was applied.

All my saves are now corrupt or causes a crash to desktop...

I don't think you're unlucky, or it's worse for me !

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 15. May 13, 19:17

Please see what I wrote above your post and try, whether that makes a difference.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Eldoran
x3tc

Post by Eldoran » Wed, 15. May 13, 19:23

So, i made it, steam dowloaded a 160 bytes file but no changes, still corrupted.

I tried saves from 2011 and 2012.

Devor
x4

Post by Devor » Wed, 15. May 13, 19:42

Steam client returned message "All files successfully validated". Retried the 2 saves and same result.

If there are no quick solutions I may just go back to the second auto save. The only progress I will need to redo is 500K CR of playtime on the stock exchange and a move to Argon Prime.

Thanks for the quick responses.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 15. May 13, 20:42

Were either of you running any 3rd party mods or scripts in X3AP (other than the X3AP Bonus Pack)?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

dave1001
x3tc

Post by dave1001 » Wed, 15. May 13, 21:01

I have the same problem. My latest save crashes with 'X3AP has stopped working'. My son's save works, as does a new game

I have no mods, only the bonus pack

Windows 8 64bit

Can I roll back to the old version with Steam?

dave1001
x3tc

Post by dave1001 » Wed, 15. May 13, 21:03

dave1001 wrote:I have the same problem
And yes, I did verify the cache, and it updated one file. It still crashed after that

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 15. May 13, 21:06

Did you make that crashing save in X3AP 3.0 but before the verify updated/recovered any files? A save made with a corrupted/incomplete install/update would definitely be unsafe to use.

dave1001
x3tc

Post by dave1001 » Wed, 15. May 13, 21:13

Alan Phipps wrote:Did you make that crashing save in X3AP 3.0 but before the verify updated/recovered any files? A save made with a corrupted/incomplete install/update would definitely be unsafe to use.
The save was made pre 3.0 (2.5.something) which was working fine

It appears that saves in space are corrupted, saves at stations are ok

Dave

Devor
x4

Post by Devor » Wed, 15. May 13, 21:19

I had to check as X3AP has been install since launch and I have used mods in the passed. Was not sure if I had used any with X3AP or just X3TC.

My X3TC is modded and shows the Modded legend on the bottom of the player menu.

I cannot see any mods in the X3AP install and may save game has NOT got the modded legend at the end of the player menu. I cannot see the cheat menu in game but I can see the AdminCAG and AdminCLS.

Given the age of the install to the best of my knowledge I believe it to be a clean vanilla install with the bonus pack.

dave1001
x3tc

Post by dave1001 » Wed, 15. May 13, 21:23

Devor wrote: and a move to Argon Prime.
This is interesting, My corrupted saves are in Argon Prime

Devor
x4

Post by Devor » Wed, 15. May 13, 21:28

I have 4 save available to me on this new run of the game. 1 manual save and 3 auto saves.

The manual save and newest auto save are in Argon Prime and will not load without crashing the game. Auto saves 2 and 3 are in Seizwell and load without a problem.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 15. May 13, 21:28

I know that this will not help you much to understand this issue but I have just checked out all my 2.x saves in a strictly vanilla (+ BP) X3AP 3.0 and they all work fine, whether in space, or in-station autosaves. I am also assured by the Devs that the Beta testing looked closely at past version save suitability.

So we may be seeing a common link to Argon Prime then. (Unforunately, of 2 similar issue threads in the German Tech Sp, one game is heavily modded and the other is not using Argon sector saves. So a mystery then.)
Last edited by Alan Phipps on Wed, 15. May 13, 21:40, edited 1 time in total.

Devor
x4

Post by Devor » Wed, 15. May 13, 21:39

Oops! :oops:

Incorrect fact in a previous post of mine. The game was freshly install after I installed Windows 8. So yes it is a vanilla clean install +BP.

I have moved the saves into a backup folder so they will remain available for review if needed. I need to get on so will be continuing from auto save 2 and making up the lost progress.

Eldoran
x3tc

Post by Eldoran » Wed, 15. May 13, 22:18

My saves are not in argon prime.

I noticed something strange, the game show me all the save at the date of today now, and one auto save works...

Maybe steam cloud ? Otherwise, i have no mods on AP.

dillpickle
x3tc

Post by dillpickle » Wed, 15. May 13, 22:26

Alan Phipps wrote:So we may be seeing a common link to Argon Prime then.
Argon Prime is one of the sectors with an Argon Stock Exchange - the model of which was changed in 3.0 to remove the advertising board directly below the docking clamp.

Normally station model changes only take effect when th station is created (new game or destroyed/rebuilt).

This one was changed for existing games somehow and could be having some adverse effect...

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Wed, 15. May 13, 22:27

I'll contact each of you so far with information on how to upload your savegames for us to test.
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

KernelKilgore
x3ap

Post by KernelKilgore » Thu, 16. May 13, 00:32

My 2.5 saves are also broken, and unfortunately all in Argon Prime. Just through I'd throw my datapoint in here.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”