[Discussion] Generic X3TC S&M questions I

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Stars_InTheirEyes
x4

[REQUEST] Script Editor lock

Post by Stars_InTheirEyes » Tue, 21. Oct 08, 21:55

since i know how to open the SE and give me just about anything i want i just cant resist opening it every time i start and it spoils the fun.

if somebody could make a mod or simple script that would lock the script editor which could only be opened by the script creator through a 5 digit password then i will finaly actualy be able to PLAY the game and not cheat my way through the storyline.
This sı not ǝpısdn down.

(----____JEFF____----)
x3tc

Post by (----____JEFF____----) » Tue, 21. Oct 08, 22:07

AFAIK it's not possible to do that, I could be wrong though. Is it really that hard to not cheat?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 21. Oct 08, 23:07

it really wouldn't be possible to do something like that.

best that could be done is add something in the plugin manager to do something bad if you dont unlock the script editor through it. But even with that, and u really wanted to cheat, u could find a way around it.

something like creating a script that will empty your bank accounts

Stars_InTheirEyes
x4

Post by Stars_InTheirEyes » Tue, 21. Oct 08, 23:17

but what about removing the ability to change pilots name to Thereshallbewings, then it cant be opened. or if Thereshallbewings is entered then it destructs your ship. but i dont know how to do that so if one of the more experianced scripters would mind doing it?
This sı not ǝpısdn down.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 21. Oct 08, 23:22

like it said its not possible. That is handled by the game engine and is not modable in any way.

scripts have no access to such functions

XGamer
x4

Post by XGamer » Wed, 22. Oct 08, 00:55

007bradz You'll receive an email from me tomorrow with instructions and some little helper ;) As others wrote already what you wanted to do is not possible for the Reasons Cycrow explained but anyway.
X:BtF: 7/10 | X2: 8/10 | X3:R/TC/AP: 8/10 | X:R: 3/10 | X4: 0/10 (3 points for split ships and stations, 4.0 -> -50 points).
If you are raising pirate activity, give me meaningful ways to deal with them PERMANENTLY. Better things to do than replacing ships every 10 minutes, or babysitting ships getting harassed.
Stopped playing X4 with 4.0 due to outrageous, needless and pointless nerfs to everything. Don't change what wasn't broken in the first place.

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Wed, 22. Oct 08, 16:46

I have a question regarding of compatability with X3R scripts:

Before I actually test it myself I was curious if a script that allows you to add color to ships names using expressions or codes would be useable in X3TC. Are scripts "read" the same way in both games?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 22. Oct 08, 17:30

check the tutortials sticky, as i've just put a few posts explaining some differences between X3R and X3TC

ezra-r
x4

Question - Weapon switcher Fix

Post by ezra-r » Wed, 22. Oct 08, 18:52

Excuse me If Im mistaken since I havent owned a cap ship yet but Id guess the player cap ships do not handle turrets automatically?

Also the npc ships I have seen so far in the game handled by the AI use all the turrets instead of just loading one and switching automatically? NPCS work different handling turrets than with X3:Reunion?

Anyone has plans to do something like this in X3:TC?

I recall moggy did the X3:R weapon switcher fix script.

Malakie
x4

Script converter?

Post by Malakie » Thu, 23. Oct 08, 00:36

Hi All,

Was finally able to get a copy of X3TC thanks to a friend! Is there any way to import or convert X3R scripts to X3TC? I have some scripts of my own that are useful to me that are quite a few lines. From what I see with a quick look, script formats are pretty close between the two. It would be nice though to be able to import older scripts into the new engine without having to type all that stuff again... especially being it is a pain trying to find the right command or script function in all the commands/functions available... Is there also a reference guide to the functions of the script editor?

Anyhow, I tried to copy a couple basic scripts to the scripts folder but they do not seem to be recognized in game so that I can even edit them. Any help with this would be appreciated...

Thanks

Malakie
Take it light.....

Malakie

----------------------------------------------------

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 23. Oct 08, 00:40

if you read the stickies it explains how you can get the files loaded into the game.

but once they are loaded will require more changes to actually get them to work properly.

due to some of the changes to the existing commands, they may not function how your script expects either.

its often better to rewrite them anyways as you can make them better with all the new commands available

Malakie
x4

Post by Malakie » Thu, 23. Oct 08, 00:56

Cycrow wrote:if you read the stickies it explains how you can get the files loaded into the game.

but once they are loaded will require more changes to actually get them to work properly.

due to some of the changes to the existing commands, they may not function how your script expects either.

its often better to rewrite them anyways as you can make them better with all the new commands available

DUH! Look and read stickies first... need to turn on my dam brain again...

Malakie
Take it light.....

Malakie

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Thu, 23. Oct 08, 01:26

Malakie
x4

Post by Malakie » Thu, 23. Oct 08, 15:02

Hi,

For others who want to do the same thing I asked about, converting older scripts, I have done it with about 30 I had. Mine are not elaborate scripts by any means... create ship, install this that and the other thing and so forth. With the sticky that Cycrow pointed out, it was a simple matter to change two numbers in the old scripts to get them to appear in the editor in game.

After that all I had to do to get them to run was just check to make sure that the ship I was creating, its variable still pointed to the correct ship entry and I had to make sure all the 'items' for install to the ship were likewise correct.

Some lines showed readtext errors in the script itself which meant those particular items were not in the database. Since many of the scripts used XTM and scripts that added more items to the game in X3R, they obviously would for the most part not be available in TC. Simply removing those entries for the non-existing items was all that was needed.

After that the scripts worked exactly as they did in X3R. Hope that helps someone a bit.. at least with smaller easier script conversions... As for elaborate and complex scripts.. well I could not tell you there...

Malakie
Take it light.....

Malakie

Ilintar
x3tc

Post by Ilintar » Thu, 23. Oct 08, 23:27

I just wonder: are "userland patches" for missions possible?

For example, if I enable the script editor in my game and then create a "2.003 Terran Plot Scene 3.xml" file inside a newly created "director" directory within my gamedir, will the game use the modified script or the original one within the .dat files? In other words, which mission will the game run?

Does the signature in the mission files affect this in any way?

Goldfinch
x3tc

Post by Goldfinch » Fri, 24. Oct 08, 03:30

I've seen a few scripts that add hotkeys - is it possible for someone to make a hotkey to start boarding the current target? I keep dying under a hail of fire when I move my TP up next to a target and try to navigate through the menus.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Fri, 24. Oct 08, 04:34

There's a lot of totally non-generic script requests clogging up this thread.

set ship command preload script: What's this do? And how do I override it? The stock sat deploy uses it, and I can't override it with my own script for the life of me.

gauffa
x3tc

Post by gauffa » Fri, 24. Oct 08, 07:20

I'm looking at general object commands right now and found a 'is invincible'...
How would I call that for a specific ship like with the GodMode cheat in Cycrow's cheat pack?

Thanks in advance!

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 24. Oct 08, 17:38

Litcube wrote:set ship command preload script: What's this do?
No idea, but the autotrader seems to use it too. Something that is executed "pre" "load", just like there is the script hook that is called whenever a menu item is shown in order to know if it should be "enabled" or "disabled"?

Intuitive guess (from non-scripter): a call hook for optional initialization procedure.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 24. Oct 08, 17:55

gauffa wrote:I'm looking at general object commands right now and found a 'is invincible'...
How would I call that for a specific ship like with the GodMode cheat in Cycrow's cheat pack?

Thanks in advance!
what is it ur trying to do exactly ?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”