[AL Plugin] Litcube's Phanon Corporation V1.21

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

sittinSideways

Post by sittinSideways » Tue, 22. Feb 11, 23:35

Cool. btw thanks for mod, probably the most interesting one so far for X3TC IMO.

hlking
x4

Post by hlking » Wed, 23. Feb 11, 11:59

Hi again, I took the liberty to have a look at the phanon corp scripts trying to find a way to raise the starting cash, hope you don't mind. And I found out how to do it.

However that did not help much, they were still running out of cash and went bankrupt.

So I had a look at the SetShopList script and I think I've found a solution. In the before mentioned script I found a code that tells Phanon Corp to buy a new ship when they have min XX money and ship ratio is XX. So, I tried raising the minimum cash needed to buy a TS to compensate for the increased cost of ship upgrades, and it seems to be working now. Of course I have to find a way to get all the values right. So I was hoping you could help me out.. I guess what I'd need to know is what ship upgrades Phanon Corp buys and then I'd have to find out the correct prices for the upgrades. That way I could calculate the correct values.

Again, I hope you don't mind.

Cheers!

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Thu, 24. Feb 11, 01:10

Hey, no problem.

Setting the shop list credit threshold only makes the corp wait until it has that amount of money before it purchases that object. In the long run, changing that value isn't going to solve your problem.

You had increased the cost of jump drives in your game to 2 million credits. Therefore, because you pay 2 million credits, so does the Phanon Corp.

Changing anything like that really isn't going to change the long term game. They're always going to have to spend 2 million + to purchase a new TS, no matter how you cut it. In effect, you've really slowed down the expansion of Phanon corp with that SRM package. Nothing you can really do about this, unless you cheat the corp 2 million every TS purchase.

As I mentioned, you can increase the starting cash, but that doesn't help their expansion process once they're up and running.

Increase the starting cash, if you can find it, and then the salary in the text config. That's your best bet.

headcase
x3

Post by headcase » Fri, 25. Feb 11, 15:15

Thanks for a great script. However, I was sad to see TandiTech destroyed by a Khaak attack after 10 hours of gameplay (I'm running Improved Races which strengthens the Khaak). This was despite using the original download in PhanonCorpV1.2.rar, not the script from NotSafe.rar. Comparing the two versions of the files, I noticed that al.LitQB.PhanCorp.SetRelations.xml is identical in both. Is there any chance you could post the original version of this script that makes Phanon safe from the Khaak?

As a side note, I've been running with ship rebalanced mod and that seems to be working fine - Phanon had expanded to 11 ships before they got wiped out by the Khaak.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Fri, 25. Feb 11, 19:45

Update!

1.21 - No restart req:
- Packing issue from 1.2. Standard version was erroneously setting Kha'ak and Xenon to enemies of the Phanon Corporation.

jonbuttle
x3tc

Post by jonbuttle » Fri, 25. Feb 11, 20:00

Hiya Litcube!

Thanks for the update! Its an awesome mod! Just downloaded 1.21 and trying to unzip the file and keep getting 66 diagnostics errors::gruebel:

Troubleshoot thingy reckons its an unknown compression method - but its showing as a normal .zip - im using the standard microsoft extraction wizard
Any ideas?
Trade - Fight - Build - Think - Guess Randomly...

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Fri, 25. Feb 11, 20:11

Can you try again? Do a refresh, and ensure you're not downloading from your browser cache, as the filenames are the same now. (safest to clear your downloads cache before trying again).

Changed compression format.

jonbuttle
x3tc

Post by jonbuttle » Fri, 25. Feb 11, 20:17

did everything you said, still got the error :?

I'll PM you the error message it gives me

EDIT: Even tried using a different browser (IE) - same problem

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Fri, 25. Feb 11, 20:29

I just downloaded it with my laptop, and extracted with windows extractor. No problems.

Can someone else test it and chime in here?

sms_747

Post by sms_747 » Fri, 25. Feb 11, 20:46

JonButtle,

I tested this for Litcube and the .zip is perfectly fine...
Default programs are never the best option in my experience, may I suggest you try the following and come back if you still have issues? :

http://www.7-zip.org/download.html

Hope this helps :)
*Just make sure you get the right one for your system from the list at the top.
'In space, the real enemy is space itself, and the fear it instils in your counterparts'
[ external image ]

jonbuttle
x3tc

Post by jonbuttle » Fri, 25. Feb 11, 21:16

awesome; thanks sms_747!
its worked now :) loading back into the game :D

Great work Litcube!

sms_747

Post by sms_747 » Sat, 26. Feb 11, 12:24

You're very welcome :)
'In space, the real enemy is space itself, and the fear it instils in your counterparts'
[ external image ]

lordofpie7000
x4

Post by lordofpie7000 » Mon, 28. Feb 11, 06:28

Sorry I dont really have any experience with the script editor, but I want to run the spy report scrip to see if PC works themselves out properly with my mods I have installed.

I highlighted the script in the script editor pressed r and then two opions came up

null
select station/ship

I hit enter with null and nothing happened/was reported and I don't think im supposed to select a ship/station. So i really have no idea what to do, any help is appreciated, oh and I have read through every page of this thread, just in case you say to go over it. :P

Any and all help is appreciated Thanks.

EDIT:

Haha nevermind fiddled around with it a lil more and figured it out

Thanks for all the work you put into your mod

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Mon, 28. Feb 11, 06:34

"R" and then enter for every option and then enter again.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Mon, 14. Mar 11, 21:14

I have a question:
What happen if I spawn ships via cheat script for Race 1? Will the script assign them to corporation task (would it rename them too)?

If not, then would it be possible to make something like that? It would be fun to cheat some additional battlegroups of our own design for Phanon.

What about a pop-up menu based on cheat script, where players could pick the ships for Phanon or add them later ? (for those who don't like cheat script at all).

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Wed, 16. Mar 11, 21:28

Ships scripted in won't automatically be controlled by the Phanon.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 17. Mar 11, 16:49

Any chance for pop-up menu where you could select ships you could add to Phanon?

Daishi13
x3tc

Post by Daishi13 » Sat, 19. Mar 11, 12:01

i downloaded it a few min ago, but my winrar says, that the zip files got a

Code: Select all

Unknown Method in scripts\al.LitQB.PhanCorp.AddWareToShip.xml.
that is shown for every scripts and t-file in the zipfile. i already redownloaded it, but same problem

greetings Daishi13
Selbst das beste Schwert ist nur so gut wie der der es führt...

Ohne Boronen hätten sich die Split wahrscheinlich schon lange selbst ausgelöscht.
Doch nun haben die Split unter der Herrschaft der ehrenwerten Familie Rhonkar zu den Fischstäbchen gegriffen...

***modified*** und stolz drauf!

Daishi13
x3tc

Post by Daishi13 » Mon, 21. Mar 11, 13:03

ive tested it on another computerm but there was the same problem...

can u maybe roupload it ?!

greetings Daishi13

ps.: the "normal" version can be unzipped normally, only the "TC" version creates problems
Selbst das beste Schwert ist nur so gut wie der der es führt...

Ohne Boronen hätten sich die Split wahrscheinlich schon lange selbst ausgelöscht.
Doch nun haben die Split unter der Herrschaft der ehrenwerten Familie Rhonkar zu den Fischstäbchen gegriffen...

***modified*** und stolz drauf!

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Mon, 21. Mar 11, 19:29

Reuploaded. Try again.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”