Star Wars Mod by mikhailskatchkov reborn.

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

mikhailskatchkov
x3ap

Post by mikhailskatchkov » Sat, 19. Nov 16, 12:40

Optimized menu, now loads in about 60% of the time.
Will try have an update ready tomorrow.

mikhailskatchkov
x3ap

possible addition

Post by mikhailskatchkov » Sat, 19. Nov 16, 13:29

Should we add it?
As a light civilian fighter something similar to the EC3 jedi fighter by characteristics? maybe call the the T57?

Last edited by mikhailskatchkov on Sat, 19. Nov 16, 16:07, edited 1 time in total.

mikhailskatchkov
x3ap

Post by mikhailskatchkov » Sat, 19. Nov 16, 14:03

I have asked a few times before, but here goes again.

Does anyone know how to export 00948.bod(menu background) in 3ds max? DBOX does not do it, always has an error.

EDIT*

Never mind, im doing it the hard way.

Reduced menu load time to 1/100.

Proceeding with further optimization...
-wow found some ultra heavy ships, some 20mb per part. after next patch things should be much smoother.

Respaektt
x3ap

Post by Respaektt » Sat, 19. Nov 16, 17:32

mikhailskatchkov wrote:I have asked a few times before, but here goes again.

Does anyone know how to export 00948.bod(menu background) in 3ds max? DBOX does not do it, always has an error.

EDIT*

Never mind, im doing it the hard way.

Reduced menu load time to 1/100.

Proceeding with further optimization...
-wow found some ultra heavy ships, some 20mb per part. after next patch things should be much smoother.
Load time 1/100 :o :o :o
Ohh My....
Wow nice, a lot of developers should take you as a role model.... your mod development is so much better than the work in progress games they throw on the market these days!

SlicerShanks
x3ap

Post by SlicerShanks » Sat, 19. Nov 16, 18:10

Mike, great work as always.

Opinion: snowspeeder doesn't belong in space.

Observations: game runs great on my little laptop until I load up one of several ships, including vindicator star destroyer, venator, and several others which I'll have to verify when I get back to my computer. Frames will drop way down to about 15 fps or so.

Joebob1337

Crashing

Post by Joebob1337 » Sat, 19. Nov 16, 20:59

Every time I try to pick rhe rebel start the game crashes :c

mikhailskatchkov
x3ap

Re: Crashing

Post by mikhailskatchkov » Sat, 19. Nov 16, 22:12

Joebob1337 wrote:Every time I try to pick rhe rebel start the game crashes :c
Hi Joe,

It seems your installation is wrong.
Please make sure you have Albion Prelude and its updated to 3.1.
then...
In my mod folder there is a Folder called "X3 Terran Conflict" in that folder are two folders called "Addon" and "Soundtrack" select/highlight those two folders, right click - copy, then open up your steam folder and navigate to "Steamapps/Common/X3 Terran Conflict" - PASTE, you'll be prompted to overwrite the 'soundtrack' and 'addon' folder, click "YES"

Hopefully its works this time.

mikhailskatchkov
x3ap

0.87 Optimization TEST

Post by mikhailskatchkov » Mon, 21. Nov 16, 01:02

This is not really 0.87, this just an optimization test, even the menu will be a bit different in 0.87.

So please check for any major catastrophes.
This is compatible with 0.85 and up saved-games.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6MZ-X ... sp=sharing

CaptainShack
x3tc

Post by CaptainShack » Mon, 21. Nov 16, 18:18

digging the look of that "T57" sure it make a good civilian ship.

SlicerShanks
x3ap

Post by SlicerShanks » Tue, 22. Nov 16, 00:19

I was trying to kill a pirate anarchy port in hatikvahs faith, but the damn thing won't die, I've cheated in like 15 star destroyers and even their guns can't deny it's hull.

ner077
xr

Post by ner077 » Tue, 22. Nov 16, 01:50

SlicerShanks wrote:I was trying to kill a pirate anarchy port in hatikvahs faith, but the damn thing won't die, I've cheated in like 15 star destroyers and even their guns can't deny it's hull.
Mission objektive????

SlicerShanks
x3ap

Post by SlicerShanks » Tue, 22. Nov 16, 02:45

ner077 wrote:
SlicerShanks wrote:I was trying to kill a pirate anarchy port in hatikvahs faith, but the damn thing won't die, I've cheated in like 15 star destroyers and even their guns can't deny it's hull.
Mission objektive????
Oh there is none I just wanted to remove that pesky thing for my own purposes

SlicerShanks
x3ap

Post by SlicerShanks » Tue, 22. Nov 16, 08:22

Testing .87 right now. The XQ platforms are fantastic but I had a question about them. Are they scaled correctly? I was flying my yt-1300 inside and it seemed bigger than it should be. Maybe I'm remembering the X wing games wrong, or maybe the fisheye view of x3 is tripping me up

mikhailskatchkov
x3ap

Post by mikhailskatchkov » Tue, 22. Nov 16, 13:59

That station is still vanilla, I didnt touch it, so i have no idea why its invincible, ill try change that for next update.

mikhailskatchkov
x3ap

Post by mikhailskatchkov » Tue, 22. Nov 16, 14:00

SlicerShanks wrote:Testing .87 right now. The XQ platforms are fantastic but I had a question about them. Are they scaled correctly? I was flying my yt-1300 inside and it seemed bigger than it should be. Maybe I'm remembering the X wing games wrong, or maybe the fisheye view of x3 is tripping me up
Ye, my bad, its roughly 40% bigger than it should be. Ill scale it down for next update.

mikhailskatchkov
x3ap

problem

Post by mikhailskatchkov » Tue, 22. Nov 16, 15:52

DOes anyone else have this problem?

Quote: "The freighters from the mod do not trade i put all the trading software to them they just go to the specified system a the enther in stand by command or none but if i do the same with a stock game freighter it work's"

RenegadeKraken
xr

Post by RenegadeKraken » Tue, 22. Nov 16, 16:08

Yup, I was having the same issue.

zero1379

Re: problem

Post by zero1379 » Tue, 22. Nov 16, 16:14

mikhailskatchkov wrote:DOes anyone else have this problem?

Quote: "The freighters from the mod do not trade i put all the trading software to them they just go to the specified system a the enther in stand by command or none but if i do the same with a stock game freighter it work's"
I do, i started playing with your mod version 0.85 and i captured a BFF-1 bulk freighter, installed Trade MK3 and did the sector command, but when it reached lvl 12, the sector version wont jump throught sectors and the universe only does trades between Quiet Tides and Emperor's Pride.

I didnt try the trade MK3 on vanilla ships though. Btw i have to say im only enjoying X3 with your mod, good ol XWing vs TIE Fighter times comes to my head each time i fly my TIE Interceptor ;).

iniochos
x4

Post by iniochos » Tue, 22. Nov 16, 16:46

mik

Do you remember the freezes and lag in the game?
In Sector Heretic's End i found and capture interdictor class-star destroyer (no pilot). Tremendous lag to the point of instantaneous freezing.
The scrolling was almost impossible. As soon as i gave the order to jump, everything came to normal.
:?

mikhailskatchkov
x3ap

Post by mikhailskatchkov » Tue, 22. Nov 16, 16:59

iniochos wrote:mik

Do you remember the freezes and lag in the game?
In Sector Heretic's End i found and capture interdictor class-star destroyer (no pilot). Tremendous lag to the point of instantaneous freezing.
The scrolling was almost impossible. As soon as i gave the order to jump, everything came to normal.
:?
Hmm interesting, im curious as to how that interdictor got there, and ye i think the model needs to be fixed to. Ill replace it with a low poly one for now

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”