Star Wars Mod by mikhailskatchkov reborn.

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Fry93
x4

Post by Fry93 » Tue, 31. Jan 17, 18:34

nitromethane wrote:hey fry93 how is mars working for you? if I remember right it needs a custom t file for mods with altered weapons otherwise it will not grab the most efficient weapon for the job. although I may be mis remembering. also I remember one of gazz posts about missile defense mk2 being not supported for AP because a updated version of it is included with AP.
MARS works good right now, but I'm at no point where I have different weapons on my Ships. Or even have very big ships with all those updates coming in the last days. I just want my and the enemies turrets autoaim to work as good as possible. And I think I will go for the fluff weapons on ships anyways, if the ships don't already have them set up. Even some capital ships can only put antifighter guns in some turrets and I like that.
And I didn't know that thing about missile defense. I just grabbed all the stuff I liked from Gazzs website, they were all supposed to be for AP.

Azher23
x3tc

Post by Azher23 » Tue, 31. Jan 17, 18:48

The Foray Does Not Have Turrets At All So I can Mount Guns But there are no Turrets To Fire Them Just to be Sure I'm Talking About the M6 foray-class Blockade Runner

Cybergal
x3ap

Post by Cybergal » Tue, 31. Jan 17, 18:58

Installed fresh copy of AP (Terran War Pack) using steam. (Downloaded mod and copied 5 folders to terran conflict folder). Everything appears to work. Load screens show, music plays in bg.. moment I choose new game, Argon start..., CTD. "Integer division by zero" (0xc0000094) was caused at address 0023:004dc162

Using Windows 10

mikhailskatchkov
x3ap

Post by mikhailskatchkov » Tue, 31. Jan 17, 19:05

Cybergal wrote:Installed fresh copy of AP (Terran War Pack) using steam. (Downloaded mod and copied 5 folders to terran conflict folder). Everything appears to work. Load screens show, music plays in bg.. moment I choose new game, Argon start..., CTD. "Integer division by zero" (0xc0000094) was caused at address 0023:004dc162

Using Windows 10
Seems quite a few people with win10 having that problem, dont know how to fix yet :(
If you like my work please donate a few cents to help me free up time for this and keep this project alive.
https://igg.me/at/mikhailskatchkov/x/12828366

mikhailskatchkov
x3ap

Post by mikhailskatchkov » Tue, 31. Jan 17, 19:06

Azher23 wrote:The Foray Does Not Have Turrets At All So I can Mount Guns But there are no Turrets To Fire Them Just to be Sure I'm Talking About the M6 foray-class Blockade Runner
I had it fixed a week ago, turrets arnt visible for now, but they should fire.
Ill test again.
If you like my work please donate a few cents to help me free up time for this and keep this project alive.

kiwijim

Post by kiwijim » Tue, 31. Jan 17, 19:19

Imperial customs corvette....

No idea why I bought this, feel it might need some balancing right now... perhaps an energy regen buff? (it can only fire 1 out of 6 lasers continuously)

Anyway, down to the issue, when it's docked in stations it's not showing up as part of "my property" which makes it a pain in the ass, as you have to land another ship there to then undock the thing, is this an x3 problem or a mod one?

pt 2, it has 2 x 2 barrel front turrets but you can only fit 2 lasers in the slots and they only fire out of one barrel each.

pt 3, this is the just for advice, i cant get anything other than xwings and LAAT's to surrender, no A wings/ywings, do they ever surrender?

salemonz
x3

Quick question about LU integration

Post by salemonz » Tue, 31. Jan 17, 19:57

Sent some $$$ your way. Really amazing stuff, friend!

I'm brand new to X3 modding. I've had a lot of people tell me Litcube's changes are must-haves (menus, giving orders, etc). But I'd much rather play with your mod.

Sorry if I missed it. I looked through several pages of replies. I've heard you're planning on adding some LU integration in the future. Was that right? I know you integrated LU's bounce script. Are there other mods you recommend to use along with yours?

I don't mean to imply your mod isn't good enough. I'm just exploring what's out there...which is a lot :D

Thanks so much for your work!

mikhailskatchkov
x3ap

Post by mikhailskatchkov » Tue, 31. Jan 17, 20:44

kiwijim wrote:Imperial customs corvette....

No idea why I bought this, feel it might need some balancing right now... perhaps an energy regen buff? (it can only fire 1 out of 6 lasers continuously)

Anyway, down to the issue, when it's docked in stations it's not showing up as part of "my property" which makes it a pain in the ass, as you have to land another ship there to then undock the thing, is this an x3 problem or a mod one?

pt 2, it has 2 x 2 barrel front turrets but you can only fit 2 lasers in the slots and they only fire out of one barrel each.

pt 3, this is the just for advice, i cant get anything other than xwings and LAAT's to surrender, no A wings/ywings, do they ever surrender?
Hi

Ok will fix that Corvette.

The docking issue i dont know about, never seen this problem :(

Yes all fighters eventually bail, some are harder than others, and its a gamble with you bails and who doesnt .

mikhailskatchkov
x3ap

Re: Quick question about LU integration

Post by mikhailskatchkov » Tue, 31. Jan 17, 20:46

salemonz wrote:Sent some $$$ your way. Really amazing stuff, friend!

I'm brand new to X3 modding. I've had a lot of people tell me Litcube's changes are must-haves (menus, giving orders, etc). But I'd much rather play with your mod.

Sorry if I missed it. I looked through several pages of replies. I've heard you're planning on adding some LU integration in the future. Was that right? I know you integrated LU's bounce script. Are there other mods you recommend to use along with yours?

I don't mean to imply your mod isn't good enough. I'm just exploring what's out there...which is a lot :D

Thanks so much for your work!
Hey buddy,

Thanks a lot i really appreciate it.
Yes im working slowly on integrating all of Litcubes goodies.

Im so busy with this mod that i dont have time to play it or test other mods, look a page back or two, people have suggested different compatible mods.

Azher23
x3tc

Post by Azher23 » Tue, 31. Jan 17, 20:51

Is the CR 20 a TS or M6 cCuz it Looks and Plats like a Heavy TS+ like the Tern or Lotan But it's Marked and Sold As an M6 At the Shipyard

McEwan
x3tc

Post by McEwan » Tue, 31. Jan 17, 21:01

Alrighty, time to hopefully make some progress on fixing these mysterious Argon crashes. And Mik, we'll try and work this out for you, considering how much you have on your plate already. Don't force yourself to worry about this unless you feel you have to. :P

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So. If there is anyone whose game does not crash upon starting as an Argon character or navigating into certain Argon sectors, yet is using a Windows 10 operating system, please report this in a post or a PM to me. On the other hand, if anyone is crashing in this manner that uses a Windows 7 or 8 operating system, do the same.

In addition, it might be helpful if these people (if there are any) post their graphics systems.

Why all this? What we've found so far indicates that Windows 10 could be related to the crashes, and that Windows 7 (and perhaps 8 ) users are generally safe. If we can debunk this, it may not be a software problem, but a hardware problem, which is why I asked for graphics cards as well (as a start).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unless a well-versed programmer or coder (which I'm not) has some specific insight, identifying a pattern in operating systems and/or hardware is the only other possibility that's crossed my mind so far, because all other explanations suggested and tested have so far fallen short of comprehensive.

Also, if anyone knows, could they please explain what this error message means, and how it relates to how the game operates? It seems to be a common theme among the people who are crashing.

Code: Select all

The exception "Integer division by zero" (0xc0000094) was caused at address 0023:004dd512
Cybergal wrote:"Integer division by zero" (0xc0000094) was caused at address 0023:004dc162

centurywarlord
x3ap

Post by centurywarlord » Tue, 31. Jan 17, 21:48

McEwan wrote:Alrighty, time to hopefully make some progress on fixing these mysterious Argon crashes. And Mik, we'll try and work this out for you, considering how much you have on your plate already. Don't force yourself to worry about this unless you feel you have to. :P

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So. If there is anyone whose game does not crash upon starting as an Argon character or navigating into certain Argon sectors, yet is using a Windows 10 operating system, please report this in a post or a PM to me. On the other hand, if anyone is crashing in this manner that uses a Windows 7 or 8 operating system, do the same.

In addition, it might be helpful if these people (if there are any) post their graphics systems.

Why all this? What we've found so far indicates that Windows 10 could be related to the crashes, and that Windows 7 (and perhaps 8 ) users are generally safe. If we can debunk this, it may not be a software problem, but a hardware problem, which is why I asked for graphics cards as well (as a start).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unless a well-versed programmer or coder (which I'm not) has some specific insight, identifying a pattern in operating systems and/or hardware is the only other possibility that's crossed my mind so far, because all other explanations suggested and tested have so far fallen short of comprehensive.

Also, if anyone knows, could they please explain what this error message means, and how it relates to how the game operates? It seems to be a common theme among the people who are crashing.

Code: Select all

The exception "Integer division by zero" (0xc0000094) was caused at address 0023:004dd512
Cybergal wrote:"Integer division by zero" (0xc0000094) was caused at address 0023:004dc162
That error means that your machine tried to read data on your memory, and a sector in that memory address can't be read.

You may need to a clean re-install of the game. What might happen is that the game scripts from vanilla version is corrupted.

If you use Steam version, verify the files and Steam will re-download to fix the corrupted files. This often fix such issues in any games.

or

Sometimes this can be caused by an improper install of custom scripts or this mod.

Delete the mod or the scripts, and install it properly.

or

There are times when you download stuff; the file downloaded got corrupted because there is no checksum to ensure data integrity.

For this case you need to re-download the mod, and re-install it (overwrite everything).

or

You either have hardware issues with your RAM. Make sure it is slotted firmly, or you can try re-slotting it.

If this same issue is persistent in other software or games you play, this will mean you need to replace your RAM.

------------------------

I use Windows 10 x64 Pro. I got my copy of the game from GOG.com

I play Argon, Imperial, and Bounty Hunter.

So far I have no crash issues with this mod and the game. I even write my own scripts too and it didn't break the mod nor the game.

p.s: Mikhail could you pretty please add more Mandalorian ships like the Keldabe battleship, M22-T Krayt gunship, and the Basilisk war droid as a combat drone?
Last edited by centurywarlord on Tue, 31. Jan 17, 22:14, edited 2 times in total.

azile0
xr

Post by azile0 » Tue, 31. Jan 17, 22:00

I really enjoy the mod, and I'm curious to know how far you want to take the conversion? Do you want to ultimately replace all of the races with Star Wars factions? Furthermore, do you have any ideas about integrating other time eras such as KOTOR / Prequel?

mikhailskatchkov
x3ap

Post by mikhailskatchkov » Tue, 31. Jan 17, 22:34

azile0 wrote:I really enjoy the mod, and I'm curious to know how far you want to take the conversion? Do you want to ultimately replace all of the races with Star Wars factions? Furthermore, do you have any ideas about integrating other time eras such as KOTOR / Prequel?

Yes it will be a total conversion.

All ships from KOTOR + SWTOR will be in as modernized custom builds for rich collectors, built under license by the Teladi/Corporate sector, Ship Yard called "Teladi Classics" location "PTNI Headquarters", many old ships already in.

Also ancient ships captured by AGI/xenon and assimilated.

mikhailskatchkov
x3ap

Post by mikhailskatchkov » Tue, 31. Jan 17, 22:55

Do not fear young one, all Mandalorian ships will be in and in full glory! :D

isnt the Kandossi-class gorgeous? ;p

instilation00
x4

Post by instilation00 » Tue, 31. Jan 17, 23:44

Will the Foray get its main guns at all?

McEwan
x3tc

Post by McEwan » Tue, 31. Jan 17, 23:53

centurywarlord wrote: That error means that your machine tried to read data on your memory, and a sector in that memory address can't be read.

You may need to a clean re-install of the game. What might happen is that the game scripts from vanilla version is corrupted.

If you use Steam version, verify the files and Steam will re-download to fix the corrupted files. This often fix such issues in any games.

or

Sometimes this can be caused by an improper install of custom scripts or this mod.

Delete the mod or the scripts, and install it properly.

or

There are times when you download stuff; the file downloaded got corrupted because there is no checksum to ensure data integrity.

For this case you need to re-download the mod, and re-install it (overwrite everything).

or

You either have hardware issues with your RAM. Make sure it is slotted firmly, or you can try re-slotting it.

If this same issue is persistent in other software or games you play, this will mean you need to replace your RAM.

------------------------

I use Windows 10 x64 Pro. I got my copy of the game from GOG.com

I play Argon, Imperial, and Bounty Hunter.

So far I have no crash issues with this mod and the game. I even write my own scripts too and it didn't break the mod nor the game.

p.s: Mikhail could you pretty please add more Mandalorian ships like the Keldabe battleship, M22-T Krayt gunship, and the Basilisk war droid as a combat drone?
Thanks for the input. Unfortunately many of the things you suggested I've already explored. I did a clean reinstall of the vanilla game (which ran fine), after which I installed the Star Wars mod and tried numerous variations of other plugins/no plugins, even disabling the plugin manager on another clean version.

I tried Steam-validating the files of a Star Wars-installed version, and even if that had worked, the validation had messed with the soundtrack and who knows how many other of the files related to the mod.

I've re-downloaded the latest version of the mod, and installed it using different methods, at least 3 times so far, and tested all the other versions back to 0.88, including tests with the NoSteam version of the launcher and with the game in Windows 7 compatibility mode (various combinations). None worked. Even downloading and integrating the entirety of Mik's own X3TC folder didn't do the trick.

My laptop's hardware (even though it is pretty low-end) has worked fine with many other games, including vanilla X3TC/AP, so if there is something with my RAM or another part of the operating system affecting the Star Wars-modified version of the game, it's very subtle and seemingly intrinsic. I can't really check physically since it's all integrated in a laptop casing and I don't have the expertise to feel comfortable poking around in there. :P

If you think I've missed anything, please let me know. Could there be a ship/station/object that simply doesn't agree with certain machines/operating systems or is just too much for the system to handle? Frankly, I'm mystified and running solely on speculation; any insight is very appreciated!

mikhailskatchkov
x3ap

Post by mikhailskatchkov » Wed, 1. Feb 17, 00:21

instilation00 wrote:Will the Foray get its main guns at all?
yes

nitromethane
x3tc

Post by nitromethane » Wed, 1. Feb 17, 00:29

most of the pirate bases in my game sell no wares. not sure if its your mod or not as I have several other things installed as well.

marine repairs and training
missile safety
missile display improved collect wares
turret on off
updated ap bonus pack

mikhailskatchkov
x3ap

Post by mikhailskatchkov » Wed, 1. Feb 17, 00:38

nitromethane wrote:most of the pirate bases in my game sell no wares. not sure if its your mod or not as I have several other things installed as well.

marine repairs and training
missile safety
missile display improved collect wares
turret on off
updated ap bonus pack
the games script which populates the pirate bases with wares need to be edited, if i dont forget ill try get it done for the next update.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”