Litcube's Universe

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Shepp
x3ap

Post by Shepp » Sat, 29. Apr 17, 16:29

Jack08 wrote:The warning is likely coming from a failed hash check on the executable, the hash may be stored in one of the TFiles that LU overrides, so the EXE thinks its out of date/corrupted.

Im 99% positive its safe to ignore.
The version error can be eliminated by editing the 8379-L044.xml file in the addon\t directory. The part of the script with the version check is about a third of the way down the page. You should be able to see the text for the error and the version number is two lines above that. Change it from 3.0 to 3.2 and the error is gone.

PEP LEGAL
x3ap

Post by PEP LEGAL » Sun, 30. Apr 17, 17:53

Shepp wrote:The version error can be eliminated by editing the 8379-L044.xml file in the addon\t directory. The part of the script with the version check is about a third of the way down the page. You should be able to see the text for the error and the version number is two lines above that. Change it from 3.0 to 3.2 and the error is gone.

:thumb_up: :)

Mordrith
x3tc

Post by Mordrith » Mon, 1. May 17, 05:28

memeics wrote:Mordrith, check your global (and per ship, for each ship) Friend/Foe settings, there's a long standing bug (I experienced it once, I've seen others report it too in the past) where for unknown reasons the global Friend/Foe or ship Friend/Foe is wrong and it's targeting some races as enemies.
That's what I meant about the IFF, it's the first thing I checked. Everything was the way it should be. Whatever it was it's not an issue anymore, the ship either calmed down or was destroyed, I haven't seen it in ages.

As far as the version error warning goes, it doesn't appear to have caused any problems. Both the new game and my old save import run fine.

Ryba
x4

Reseting OCV plugin

Post by Ryba » Tue, 2. May 17, 08:18

Hi !
During first parts of the game I've disabled OCV plugin by reseting it (1). After some time I've started the plugin once again by starting-up "Event: Revelation" (2) plugin. I got the "plot" message and... silence. No OCV ships, no OCV stations. OCV sectors are empty.

Can someone help me with proper startup of OCV plugin ?

http://i.imgur.com/q84bVVl.jpg

{Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked - Terre}

Zaitsev
x4

Re: Reseting OCV plugin

Post by Zaitsev » Tue, 2. May 17, 10:06

Ryba wrote:Hi !
During first parts of the game I've disabled OCV plugin by reseting it (1). After some time I've started the plugin once again by starting-up "Event: Revelation" (2) plugin. I got the "plot" message and... silence. No OCV ships, no OCV stations. OCV sectors are empty.

Can someone help me with proper startup of OCV plugin ?

http://i.imgur.com/q84bVVl.jpg

{Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked - Terre}
First, you do know you can disable the OCV from the game's control panel, right? Which is how you're supposed to do it, as opposed to using the script engine which it appears you have done.

First, press escape til the game control panel pops up in the lower left corner, which is once if you're in space and twice if you're docked at a station and got nothing else going on. It should look like this.

Choose "Gameplay," then choose "Artificial life settings" in the menu that pops up, and finally use the artificial life menu to reactivate the OCV. If it's on, turn it off and wait about two minutes, til you hear a "woosh" sound. Wait a bit extra for good measure, then use the same menu to reactivate the OCV again, wait ~2 minutes for the scripts to initiate properly and go check if you got any OCV in your back yard. If they're still missing, then chances are you simply broke the game and in a worst case scenario you have to start all over again.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Ryba
x4

Post by Ryba » Tue, 2. May 17, 11:21

Works ! Thank you Zaitsev.

faeria

Post by faeria » Wed, 3. May 17, 12:17

What would you the best TS to supply my PHQ from my SHC's?

I was thinking of buying a Paranid Snotra -> 134,9 spd 6,06 rpm and a cargospace of 19500 (maxed out). I'll reverse it and build 8 of those.

A bit high purchase cost (35 mill) but it would solve the problem of having too much trafic coming from and going to my PHQ.

Or should i use TL's? Don't think this will benefit me overal.

Docking computer only usefull for player ships?

Any other suggestions?

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Wed, 3. May 17, 17:52

According to this, the best transporter (ship's max speed * cargo capacity), is the Orca.
Though I'm not sure if you can use TLs as freighter? If you can, and actually need to move the amount of mass to fill them up, they are indeed the best.

For TS, the best is the Snotra, but it's nothing compared to a TL
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

taztaz502
x4

Post by taztaz502 » Wed, 3. May 17, 21:30

faeria wrote:What would you the best TS to supply my PHQ from my SHC's?

I was thinking of buying a Paranid Snotra -> 134,9 spd 6,06 rpm and a cargospace of 19500 (maxed out). I'll reverse it and build 8 of those.

A bit high purchase cost (35 mill) but it would solve the problem of having too much trafic coming from and going to my PHQ.

Or should i use TL's? Don't think this will benefit me overal.

Docking computer only usefull for player ships?

Any other suggestions?
Use TLs for heavy goods/fast producing. e.g. energy cells/ore/silicon and keep one spare for overflow your other ships cant keep up with.

For TS ships i used the bragi, they have really good speed and immense cargo so work great as cargo haulers, Used baldric for UTs as bragi never seem to get used to their full potential.

RoflCopter4
x3tc

Post by RoflCopter4 » Thu, 4. May 17, 01:38

Does anyone know where on earth (so to speak) Phanon gets its missiles? I've scoured through the al.Phanon scripts and I can't find a single mention of buying missiles for resupply. When it gets new ships, they come with missiles, but surely they must be resupplied? I couldn't even find any kind of cheating missiles resupply, just nothing. Furthermore, it seems that when Phanon's missile boats (M8s and if you have Phanon+ M7Ms) run out of missiles, they actually literally sell the whole ship and buy a new one to replace it, with missiles that come with it. So obviously there's no convenient way to restock ships with missiles if that was the route chosen for missile boats.

And yet it seems as though they always have plenty of missiles to shoot at me in every combat. I find it hard to believe that they only get them with new purchases, but I just don't know where they could be buying them.

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Thu, 4. May 17, 02:35

I could be wrong and I'm mostly talking out of my a$$ but I do not think Phanon acquires its property (missions/ships/stations/etc) in the regular way, by paying against existing stock from an NPC seller. I think the scripts simply spawn those things at Phanon's HQ after deducting some compensation (average ware price?) from Phanon's account. This way they are financially limited as the player but they don't actually have to depend on the stocks available in the universe for things.
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

RoflCopter4
x3tc

Post by RoflCopter4 » Thu, 4. May 17, 02:50

memeics wrote:I could be wrong and I'm mostly talking out of my a$$ but I do not think Phanon acquires its property (missions/ships/stations/etc) in the regular way, by paying against existing stock from an NPC seller. I think the scripts simply spawn those things at Phanon's HQ after deducting some compensation (average ware price?) from Phanon's account. This way they are financially limited as the player but they don't actually have to depend on the stocks available in the universe for things.
This is exactly what I expected to find, but I couldn't locate any such thing in the scripts. There is one that deals with fighter drones, in which it makes a doomed attempt to buy some at a station but quickly resorts to spawning them in the ship and deducting funds (good to know actually, I thought they got the drones for free). I assumed missiles would be the same, but they're not mentioned anywhere. There's a special script for drones, one for energy cells, for a few pieces of ship equipment, and for chaff, but that's all. Not even in the one called "buy supplies" is there any mention of resupplying a ship's armament. Furthermore there is nothing that adds supplies to the HQ, and traders only supply energy cells. Actually, it seems that the HQ can't even stock missiles at all.

I'd just like to add that this really isn't a big deal at all, I was just curious after getting annihilated by an M7M whether they were getting all those missiles for free.

PEP LEGAL
x3ap

Post by PEP LEGAL » Thu, 4. May 17, 03:03

Has anyone succeeded in merging Litcube and XRM ?

Not the whole XRM...just ships and stations models? (Litcube ships are not exactly a work of art :P )

I tryed by myself but...some ships became even uglier...like some hull plates are different from others.

Well...at least it's working (no crash so far)...but I would really like a decent (professional) solution.

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Thu, 4. May 17, 08:41

Fun story about Phanon's finances: They don't actually buy anything. They work on credit.
When trading, they can buy stuff, even if they don't have the money for it.

I discovered this during Mayhem 1.0.
That mod had Saturn Complex Hub 100 for every weapon/missile, belonging to the different races.

Obviously Phanon got in on trading those, but when I shot down their trader leaving a SCH, and made them drop 100 million in missiles, the next report came to show them having negative 100 million credits.
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

faeria

Post by faeria » Thu, 4. May 17, 08:44

taztaz502 wrote: Use TLs for heavy goods/fast producing. e.g. energy cells/ore/silicon and keep one spare for overflow your other ships cant keep up with.

For TS ships i used the bragi, they have really good speed and immense cargo so work great as cargo haulers, Used baldric for UTs as bragi never seem to get used to their full potential.
A Bragi: 78,3 m/s 5,6 rpm max cargo 22.350
A Snotra 134,9 m/s 6,0 rpm max cargo 19.500

3k less cargo but almost double the speed. Don't think Bragi beats a Snotra in this aspect.

However i do agree it might be worth it to switch to TL's (Orca) once my production reaches a point Snotra no longer suffices.

What would everyone advise as best UT trader? I think we all agree speed is more important than cargo space, at least to a certain extend.

I was thinking either one of these:

Chokaro 171,3 m/s 3,0 rpm max caro 3.800 - 800MJ
Chokaro Advanced 174,0 m/s 3,0 rpm max cargo 2.700 - 800MJ

Advanced is slightly faster (barely) but does have 1.1k less cargo. 2.7k doesn't seem enough for a UT.

Other suggestions?

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Thu, 4. May 17, 17:32

Personally I like Nexus Super Freighters for UT. The best for the price. Only beat by the Vulture Advanced, but I don't believe that one is for sale.

And the super TS like Bragi and Snotra are 2-4 times more expensive as a regular TS. That's bad practice for a ship that's designed to make money.

Chokaro is a TM, so that's not a TS. It's for carrying fighters, not cargo.

taztaz502
x4

Post by taztaz502 » Thu, 4. May 17, 18:51

Does this work with 3.2 yet before i reinstall it?

Mordrith
x3tc

Post by Mordrith » Thu, 4. May 17, 19:05

taztaz502 wrote:Does this work with 3.2 yet before i reinstall it?
Works fine, just ignore the warning you get when you launch it.

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Thu, 4. May 17, 19:05

Sirrobert wrote:Only beat by the Vulture Advanced, but I don't believe that one is for sale.
Yes, it its. Sold at the shipyard in Ceo's Sprite if I remember correctly. I use them almost exclusively.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Thu, 4. May 17, 19:14

Huh. To late to switch out my 20+ UTs, but I'll keep that in mind for the new ones.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”