[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Thu, 16. Mar 17, 21:37

Joubarbe wrote:
The Cuban Nightmare wrote: When do you guys feel like you have enough to start producing large ships and equipment?
When you feel the inextinguishable thirst for power in your throat.

To all of you, I read all your reports with attention. It's always interesting to see how you play this mod and see the differences. But there's something that bothers me for some time now, and it's about weapon and missile production. Besides, the logistics is also a bit too heavy to manage, and I'd like to fix those two problems with one solution.

As I cannot add more contextual UI elements to vanilla menus (a real shame, because the whole thing would need a revamp), I came to the conclusion that a not-so-bad idea would be to add weapon/missile production to Sanctuaries.

Three benefits from this:
  • I could adjust the speed at which they are built (and this really needs to speed up).
  • All weapon and missile complexes would be removed, giving more space for other stations.
  • Logistics would be easier to manage.
You would still need to research lasers and missiles before going to production.
I'm still not sure whether to include Shield production as well in this process.
I wholeheartedly agree with the change. Currently, the production of guns and especially missiles is too slow, that equipping an M2 takes forever, and one must resort to befriend the Teladi in order to buy guns from them instead of producing them.

Also, there is currently no way to produce laser towers and Jump Core.

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Thu, 16. Mar 17, 22:22

Joubarbe wrote:To all of you, I read all your reports with attention. It's always interesting to see how you play this mod and see the differences. But there's something that bothers me for some time now, and it's about weapon and missile production. Besides, the logistics is also a bit too heavy to manage, and I'd like to fix those two problems with one solution.

As I cannot add more contextual UI elements to vanilla menus (a real shame, because the whole thing would need a revamp), I came to the conclusion that a not-so-bad idea would be to add weapon/missile production to Sanctuaries.

• I could adjust the speed at which they are built (and this really needs to speed up).
  • All weapon and missile complexes would be removed, giving more space for other stations.
You would still need to research lasers and missiles before going to production.
I'm still not sure whether to include Shield production as well in this process.
I am very strongly in favour. Currently I almost never bother with weapon production. It's just easier to buy them regularly. If I need a massive amount of a weapon (like equipping a carrier), I need it now, and not in a day after a factory finishes building some. And otherwise, I only need a few weapons sometimes. Also not worth the hassle of building a factory.

Question though: Would this work as a toggle if you want to produce weapons or not (I don't even know if that's possible)? Or would you set it upon building a sanctuary?
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 16. Mar 17, 23:44

No, you would produce weapons the same way you currently build ships and stations. It would require some time and the same resources the current complexes require. Of course, the costs and the time would be drastically lowered.

So, to be clear, you'd have three parallel construction tabs, instead of two: Stations, Ships, Weaponry.

Jonzac
x3tc

Post by Jonzac » Fri, 17. Mar 17, 02:31

Sounds good. The biggest benefit will be faster production. Right now it's 25 hours to build 10 phonton Artillery arrays. That makes arming a single M2 a sold 3-3-/2 DAY endeavor. I can make the 30-40 million must faster.

As long as we have to build AND PROTECT the right supporting stations it balances out. You can't buy enough food with the three buy limit for dock agent

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Fri, 17. Mar 17, 03:45

Joubarbe wrote:No, you would produce weapons the same way you currently build ships and stations. It would require some time and the same resources the current complexes require. Of course, the costs and the time would be drastically lowered.

So, to be clear, you'd have three parallel construction tabs, instead of two: Stations, Ships, Weaponry.
To test my understanding:
It also means that we have to do it on demand, i.e. it does not build automatically. For Heavy Weapons, in order to build, say, 2 PPCs, it would take 2-3 hours after collecting all the resources?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Fri, 17. Mar 17, 09:08

Probably on demand yes.

hanuland
x4

Post by hanuland » Fri, 17. Mar 17, 14:58

Hello, long time no see, Joubarbe.

The figure below shows where Xenon Ships are spawned. The sector has only one entrance.
[ external image ]

This has been happening since I destroyed Xenon Core 023 Xenon Shipyard. I waited a long time, but Xenon Shipyard was not rebuilt. Instead, Xenon Ships began to spawn at unspecified locations within the sector. This is against the LU's GOD rules.
Ships no longer spawn out of thin air. They will spawn only in their respective race's shipyards.
I am reporting the above situation to you and If you want, I can provide a save when the situation occurs.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Fri, 17. Mar 17, 16:04

Is there any Xenon shipyards left in the universe?

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Fri, 17. Mar 17, 16:09

Joubarbe wrote:Probably on demand yes.
Thanks, that's fine. I would expect the build time to be reduced as well, according to your first post.

I can't wait for the changes. However, this new version would require an E/I I think, as existing weapon complexes no longer exist/are supported. I tried before, E/I did not work for me (as all destroyed NPC stations are restored).

I guess, I can restart the game, and the Paranids in my current game are lucky because they are about to be exterminated :-)

hanuland
x4

Post by hanuland » Fri, 17. Mar 17, 16:22

Joubarbe wrote:Is there any Xenon shipyards left in the universe?
There are 7 Xenon stations in the universe, but there is no Xenon shipyard.

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Fri, 17. Mar 17, 20:02

Joubarbe wrote:No, you would produce weapons the same way you currently build ships and stations. It would require some time and the same resources the current complexes require. Of course, the costs and the time would be drastically lowered.

That sounds absolutely perfect.
As for shields, they are a little more universal than weaponry, both in use and locations of purchase, but they are still only needed when you roll out a new ship, in exactly the same manner as weaponry.

This change would also help the player to be more self sustaining in general. Currently, if you wanted to build every weapon you'd need, you'd need massive amounts of stations. And you never need all of them, so you keep selling stuff. Only needing to build weapons on demand means you need to do less of both buying, and selling.
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Sat, 18. Mar 17, 00:18

hanuland wrote:
Then that's why it's happening. The game engine require a shipyard to spawn ships properly, and when you wipe out the last shipyard belonging to a race then they will start spawning randomly all over the universe. It's due to how the game works, and the only "cure" (at least that I know of) would be to make the shipyard in the race home sectors indestructible, which may or may not come with its own set of problems.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

hanuland
x4

Post by hanuland » Sat, 18. Mar 17, 03:50

Zaitsev wrote:
hanuland wrote:
Then that's why it's happening. The game engine require a shipyard to spawn ships properly, and when you wipe out the last shipyard belonging to a race then they will start spawning randomly all over the universe. It's due to how the game works, and the only "cure" (at least that I know of) would be to make the shipyard in the race home sectors indestructible, which may or may not come with its own set of problems.
ah ha.. I understood the situation. thanks a lot.
but the.... now what? I am awaiting the automatic rebuilding by autopopulation, but I have not seen it so far. I am worried about whether to continue or to play a new game. :D

The Cuban Nightmare
x3

Post by The Cuban Nightmare » Sat, 18. Mar 17, 05:21

Joubarbe wrote:
The Cuban Nightmare wrote: When do you guys feel like you have enough to start producing large ships and equipment?
When you feel the inextinguishable thirst for power in your throat.

To all of you, I read all your reports with attention. It's always interesting to see how you play this mod and see the differences. But there's something that bothers me for some time now, and it's about weapon and missile production. Besides, the logistics is also a bit too heavy to manage, and I'd like to fix those two problems with one solution.

This would be absolutely amazing. I would also ask that sanctuaries can have specialties for lasers and missiles by size (light, heavy etc). I would also like to say thank you for your excellent work and continuing support for this incredible mod. I have just reached the point of putting together a fleet and was thinking that I should restrict myself only to large ships for simplicity - this change would allow me to field more flexible fleets.

I had a few other small suggestions as well-
1. can you allow for MLCC to not be restricted by sector? For example, if I have my sanctuary for storing replacement fighters, I would like it to be in the same area as my MLCC.

2. what about a black market for recovered goods? I.e. I have a ton of missiles I can't sell, what about being able to break them down for parts or sell for a tiny portion?

3. add minimum crystal balance to mining posts - if I need blue crystals for equipment, I need to have tons of miners (which might take too long to get the crystals, especially for quantum extensions) or send to an equipment dock. I spent a ton of time trying to get 50 mistrals fitted with extensions and having a constant source of crystals available (at a cost) would be more convenient
I'm your worst nightmare....

Apocalypse Incorporated; destroying a planet near you!

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 19. Mar 17, 12:07

VincentTH wrote: Also, there is currently no way to produce laser towers and Jump Core.
Laser towers are bullsh*t, here is the future:

[ external image ]

Also, jump cores will drop from Big Ships when you (or any of your ships) kill them.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sun, 19. Mar 17, 17:50

Joubarbe wrote:
VincentTH wrote: Also, there is currently no way to produce laser towers and Jump Core.
Laser towers are bullsh*t, here is the future:

[ external image ]

Also, jump cores will drop from Big Ships when you (or any of your ships) kill them.

Wow, Mayhem will be an amazing mod with the change

Jonzac
x3tc

Post by Jonzac » Sun, 19. Mar 17, 18:12

Give me a moment....I just had a nerdgasm

tearing

Post by tearing » Mon, 20. Mar 17, 14:40

i've already use those fancy large orbital weapon on my own playthrough

ai will build a single large orbital weapon right next to their shipyard

and i though that was a bad idea

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 20. Mar 17, 20:43

I really shouldn't ask... but... what is your "own playthrough"?

AI don't build OWP in Mayhem...

tearing

Post by tearing » Tue, 21. Mar 17, 09:46

selfmade and self use mod based on mayhem

adding a couple of script and editing a couple of file

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”