[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

eugene171
x3ap

Post by eugene171 » Tue, 21. Mar 17, 18:41

So for starting a mining fleet, I need advice.

I'm going full aggro against the Paranid right now, but all their miners are flimsy and I can't seem to keep one alive long enough to scan.

Is there any corporation to focus on to buy miner blueprints?

Should I build and outfit a ship with super weak lasers to get a miner scan?

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Tue, 21. Mar 17, 19:54

eugene171 wrote:So for starting a mining fleet, I need advice.

I'm going full aggro against the Paranid right now, but all their miners are flimsy and I can't seem to keep one alive long enough to scan.

Is there any corporation to focus on to buy miner blueprints?

Should I build and outfit a ship with super weak lasers to get a miner scan?
Unless you just come across M4 and M5 miners that's really easy to avoid. Just assign one or two of your M/AMLs to a different firing group and switch when you spot a miner. That way you can plink away at its shields with those one or two M/AMLs, instead of blasting it with all eight (assuming you're still in your starting Springblossom). If it's an M3 miner it has at least 200 MJ of shielding, which means a single M/AM shot will take its shields down to 1-2% (depending on how well shielded it actually is). Let the shields recharge back up to 5%, knock the shields down again with a single shot, and you have all the time you will ever need to scan it.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Jonzac
x3tc

Post by Jonzac » Wed, 22. Mar 17, 19:51

Well if your hitting the Paranid so heavily, your rep with them should hit -5 pretty quickly which means you can get blueprints from the Pontifax corp.

VincentTH
x4

Trade Product Search not working

Post by VincentTH » Wed, 22. Mar 17, 19:59

Trade Product Search works fine in vanilla LU.

It does not work in MayHem. There is no button to activate the Search (Ship Console, Trade, Trade Product Search).

The only mods I have are LU, MayHem, Sat Monitoring, Misc mod (for lasertower retrieval).

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 22. Mar 17, 20:32

You don't have the requirements, see the encyclopaedia. (needs Buy/Sell locators).

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Wed, 22. Mar 17, 21:22

Joubarbe wrote:You don't have the requirements, see the encyclopaedia. (needs Buy/Sell locators).
Ah, I thought I have it, but I did not. Sorry!

eugene171
x3ap

Post by eugene171 » Wed, 22. Mar 17, 21:27

Jonzac wrote:Well if your hitting the Paranid so heavily, your rep with them should hit -5 pretty quickly which means you can get blueprints from the Pontifax corp.
I'm hitting them as heavy as being in an M6 allows.

My research on an M7 (Kracken I picked up while it was being mobbed by Xenon) is in progress, but taking a while.

I focused on increasing economy before increasing population, but I may have over-done that.

Betelgeuse97
x4

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Wed, 22. Mar 17, 22:09

Save game

Game hangs a few seconds after I docked at a station. I've tested this several times across different saves, same hang.

Mods installed:
-LU 1.7.2
-Mayhem 2.08
-Satellite monitoring
-IDN
-Small Improvements and Fixes by memeics

Joelnh
x3tc

Post by Joelnh » Wed, 22. Mar 17, 22:50

Just started playing again, and I am already looking forward to the next release. Great Job with this Mod.

Any plans to update the invasion messages, to add the sector being invaded ? Maybe based on if there is PPP and race relations.

Or making the bounty hunter ships more varied ?
Last edited by Joelnh on Thu, 23. Mar 17, 00:43, edited 1 time in total.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 22. Mar 17, 23:05

Betelgeuse97 wrote:Save game

Game hangs a few seconds after I docked at a station. I've tested this several times across different saves, same hang.

Mods installed:
-LU 1.7.2
-Mayhem 2.08
-Satellite monitoring
-IDN
Confirmed. Do you have more infos? Does it hang with other stations as well? A savegame just before you dock would be good (assuming it's not freezing when you're undocked).

Betelgeuse97
x4

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Thu, 23. Mar 17, 05:50

Joubarbe wrote:
Betelgeuse97 wrote:Save game

Mods installed:
-LU 1.7.2
-Mayhem 2.08
-Satellite monitoring
-IDN
Confirmed. Do you have more infos? Does it hang with other stations as well? A savegame just before you dock would be good (assuming it's not freezing when you're undocked).
Here's another savegame 15 in-game minutes prior to the hang. SETA to that time or around 4-12:50 in-game time and it'll hang.

Savegame 15 minutes before

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 23. Mar 17, 12:56

So... bad news. I spent the last three hours on your savegames. I deactivated all my signals, all my monitor scripts and all the custom behaviors I modified from vanilla game (retreat and destroy command). I did about 20 tests; everytime it freezes, except two times, and I can't explain this (when it does not freeze, I always do two more tests without changing anything; these two times did not pass these tests).

In other words, it seems to not freeze extremely rarely, but maybe it's going to freeze later after that... Other than that, I don't know if it comes from Mayhem. Strange thing being that no such hang have been reported since the launch of Mayhem 2.

Solution: do an E/I.
Last edited by Joubarbe on Thu, 23. Mar 17, 17:53, edited 1 time in total.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 23. Mar 17, 13:55

Version 2.09 (23/03/2017)

Instructions: overwrite files. No need to update .cat/.dat files. No need to E/I.
  • NEW: Weapons, missiles and shields can be produced in your Sanctuaries. All previous associated factories are obsolete and have been properly destroyed.
  • NEW: You can now build Orbital Weapon Platforms (the AI still can't). Those are a bit special. You will find them in the "station" tab, but they are in fact ships, so to equip them with shields, lasers and missiles, you'll need to use the exchange menu ("Advanced" => "Freight Exchange"). Also, all tradeable wares and jumpdrive are forbidden and will be automatically ejected.
  • CHANGE: Drastically increased mining chances.
  • CHANGE: Ships do not require Crystals anymore (but weapons do).
  • CHANGE: M1, M2, M6, M7, M8, TM and TL now drop Jumpdrive Cores if they are destroyed by a Player ship.
  • CHANGE: UI improvements.
  • CHANGE: Overtime reputation loss is now halved if you don't have Bounty Board installed.
  • FIX: Autopopulate could potentially continue to work in Player sectors.
I must say I didn't have the time to fine tune the new gameplay variables. The costs of components require to build shields, weapons and missiles are the average price of the item divided by 2. The time needed to build them is homogeneous, unlike vanilla (heavy guns were taking more time, in proportional terms). It should be more than fine!
Last edited by Joubarbe on Thu, 23. Mar 17, 16:38, edited 1 time in total.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Thu, 23. Mar 17, 16:29

Joubarbe wrote:Version 2.09 (23/03/2017)

[*]CHANGE: Overtime reputation loss is now halved if you don't have Bounty Board installed.
Yeah!!!!! I will have to restart and reinstall the game, since I don't know how to surgically remove Bounty Board.
Joubarbe wrote:Version 2.09 (23/03/2017)

[*]FIX: Autopopulate could potentially continue to work in Player sectors.
Can you elaborate on what this does?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 23. Mar 17, 16:36

"If Player owns $this sector, then set autopopulate to null".

I saw someone having a problem with that one time when reading this thread...
Bounty Board is really not hard to uninstall... Download it again, delete the files, install Mayhem 2.09.

hanuland
x4

Post by hanuland » Thu, 23. Mar 17, 17:26

Hello, Joubarbe.

Please, below pics and comments.

after 2.09 patch, my game has been continues hang. "not responding"
http://imgur.com/a/TfuzQ

before E/I save. -> continues hang.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/nscowd746 ... _EI_X05.7z

after E/I save. -> do not hang.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/xgl5utk1c ... _EI_X01.7z

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 23. Mar 17, 17:58

If it works with E/I, I suggest you do so, because right now, I have no idea :)

Fun-X
x4

Post by Fun-X » Fri, 24. Mar 17, 03:32

The awesome panda strikes again....

tearing

Post by tearing » Fri, 24. Mar 17, 07:22

god bless panda

zenofx
x3tc

Post by zenofx » Fri, 24. Mar 17, 19:32

I have a few questions that came up after playing 2.09 for a while (after a long break, started with 2.08), maybe someone can give me some insights:
  • 1) How do I repair stations/Orbital Defense Platforms?
    2) Is it possible to build stations from other races?
    3) ..and specify the size?
    4) It seems to take *way* longer building the necessary weapons to fully equip a ship than the ship itself. For example: A Raven has the project size of about 7600 and 8x Gauss Cannons of about 26000 - is that intentional?
Also, there was an occurrence where I received a sector without manually claiming it. I can't remember the exact circumstances though. Was it given to me by the AI or is this a possible bug?

I am sorry for asking that many questions but I am really enjoying this mod and couldn't find clues anywhere.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”