[SCRIPT]Advanced HyperDrive(AHD) v2.0 [Apr.09.2009] with video demo TC2.0a compatible

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Loky77
x3tc

Post by Loky77 » Sun, 29. Mar 09, 15:14

WDog wrote:EDIT: Oooh! I was reading some of the tutorials and learnt how to replace the standard commands without changing any Egosoft scripts. So next week when I get a few days off I will fix Move to Position script to work with auto drive and then fall back to normal Egosoft script.
Nice. I'll sure have a look at this too and awaiting your input WDog :)
Thanks for the support :)
BlackRain wrote: My game is definitely freezing sometimes when it uses the Quantum drive. Not always but sometimes
I didn't really experience that, i need you to be more precise about the issue
StormRazor52 wrote:Loky77, I apologize if I am repeating a problem others have already talked about. I believe I saw something on this but here goes. I am having problems with moving around in a sector. The sector to sector jumping is working fine but if I let say want to move to a station on the other side of the sector I suddenly am bouncing all over the place. I hear the drive kick in over and over and moving to random locations in the sector and not even sure I ever reached my target. I have to disengage the auto pilot by hitting the back space key several times to disengage the drive. Is this normal and am I just doing something wrong or is this a bug. Still really like the script concept and use it any but would be great to figure this out. Thanks
Maybe you shouldn't auto drive on playership :) Some big gravity wells (huge space object like Saturn shipyard and some other) have such a huge collision detection sphere that you can get close but never right on top using quantum ( so you get a loop of quantum jump as it try to reach a target position that isn't reachable due to collision detection).
Quantum jump uses collision detection to not end you up crashing in object, so i can't really do anything on those large collision detection sphere.. hardcoded by egosoft .. if you see a loop with auto drive, input another command, or disable it temporarily. Another way is going OOS as collision detection is disabled when you OOS.
So that kind of loop should be very rare and i don't recommend using auto drive on playership, hotkey and quantumj ump command are here for that :)
russbo wrote: any other download links? Filefront is dead.
I'm aware Filefront would be gone by tomorrow, download link is still working for now, and 1.8 should be in the pipe today, i'm still looking for another practical host, maybe Xai corp, i don't know yet

Kortako
x4

Post by Kortako » Sat, 4. Apr 09, 05:32

Hey Loky, you still around? I've been anxiously waiting for the 1.8 release :P

Anyway, I just thought i'd bring to your attention a (likely) unintended side effect of the Singularity Tension Slope Converter and Quantum Hyperbolic Drive wares. If you install them on your ship, the value of the ship jumps up about 150 million+ credits when you look at the selling price in a shipyard, despite the fact that these wares cost only like 2 million together. Obviously, this could be exploited quite easily, so I was wondering if you'd look into it. Not that getting money is that hard, but still.

Edit: No, I take that back. How much are the wares SUPPOSED to be? Because when I first installed the script, they were priced at 1.8 mil-ish for the Tension Converter, about 30k for the Quantum Drive, and 17 mil for the Singularity Projector. Now they're around 60 million each, and the projector is 128 mil, and I'm not sure which way is right or what exactly happened.

Loky77
x3tc

Post by Loky77 » Sat, 4. Apr 09, 12:51

Kortako wrote:Hey Loky, you still around? I've been anxiously waiting for the 1.8 release :P
Yep still around, i was just trying to find a suitable host for 1.8 and it seems FileFront is not closing so i won't have to look further for a host :p
Kortako wrote: Anyway, I just thought i'd bring to your attention a (likely) unintended side effect of the Singularity Tension Slope Converter and Quantum Hyperbolic Drive wares. If you install them on your ship, the value of the ship jumps up about 150 million+ credits when you look at the selling price in a shipyard, despite the fact that these wares cost only like 2 million together. Obviously, this could be exploited quite easily, so I was wondering if you'd look into it. Not that getting money is that hard, but still.

Edit: No, I take that back. How much are the wares SUPPOSED to be? Because when I first installed the script, they were priced at 1.8 mil-ish for the Tension Converter, about 30k for the Quantum Drive, and 17 mil for the Singularity Projector. Now they're around 60 million each, and the projector is 128 mil, and I'm not sure which way is right or what exactly happened.
The right prices are the first you mention, quantum drive around 40k, 1.8Mil for SSTC and 17 mil for singularity projector.

The prices 60mil each and projector at 128 are the original non edited prices from TwareT.txt file, so either you have a problem with that file, either you using another script or mod that modifies the twaret.txt file and get loaded after mine (only the last one loaded is taken into consideration)

and that's why you get that strange prices :p

Only way to make it good is merging correctly all the twaret.txt being used. (that's why i had to do a EMP version of the script)

Loky77
x3tc

Post by Loky77 » Sat, 4. Apr 09, 15:10

Ok filefront doesn't let me upload files saying URL is not valid :evil: :evil: :evil:

So files are hosted for now on media fire :)

1.8 in the pipe

Enjoy

Loky

alemarazza
x4

Post by alemarazza » Sun, 5. Apr 09, 22:13

Hey Loky

today I tried your new version 1.8 with the update 2.0a for X3TC.
After two hours of extensive playing with adv drive on several EST, CAG I am happy to say that I did not have any crash. Savegame corruption is also gone.
So thank you for a job well done!

Magnabyte
x4

Post by Magnabyte » Wed, 8. Apr 09, 15:38

I wish I could mirror what Al said, but when I try to load this script since 2.0a, all i get is lock up when I start up a old file, or try a new game. I've double checked it with all my other scripts and false patches, and it is just your script. the only thing I've added since I used your stuff in 1.4 is P's drones....but when I pulled that from my mod managed, it still locked up :(. Your help would be greatly apriciated, don't matter if I have to delete my whole game directory and start over, already done that twice trying to get it to work :(

X2-Eliah
x4

Post by X2-Eliah » Wed, 8. Apr 09, 15:42

Pelador's drones needs EMP, and this script has a non-emp and emp-version.. Perhaps you have the wrong version of the script?

Magnabyte
x4

Post by Magnabyte » Wed, 8. Apr 09, 15:59

no, I thought that might be it at first, but I trie both versions, and een removing EMP, I'm currently putting on a clean instal of 2.0a, so if anyone has an suggestions, I'm all ears :)

Quofeous
x3tc

Post by Quofeous » Thu, 9. Apr 09, 04:55

snap, i am the same when i try this scrpit i get lock up when games starts up and have to reboot comp to get life back, i have tired both types of download and get same on both, if i disable the script all is fine but as soon as i turn it on lock-up, am using TC2.0a have updated EMP as i also have pel's drones

have been waiting to see if some one else had this problem to make sure it was not me

Thank You
Quofeous

pelador
x3tc

Post by pelador » Thu, 9. Apr 09, 05:13

Just to help things (or not) with users having issues I happly use AHD in conjuction with my Drones so it might be something more specific or unrelated to the two. Not saying it isnt but I haven't found problems combining them using the EMP freindly version.

Happy to work with Locky77 to try and identify or find a solution to the problem however.

X2-Eliah
x4

Post by X2-Eliah » Thu, 9. Apr 09, 05:17

Perhaps it is 2.0a related?

That patch did change some thigamajigs..

Does the lockup occur always after a set time interval, or does it happen on a certain action?

Magnabyte
x4

Post by Magnabyte » Thu, 9. Apr 09, 14:03

my lock up occurs as soon as the file boots, after about 10 seconds of loading, the system locks and clearly has some problem. The music begins ot loop on a 10-12 second interval. I've been pondering if maybe its the items used to mod the software's in have been used in this new mod, ether that, or the 3 new ships have upset something. Or thier some major issue with my system. SInce the expanded sector is being re released soon, this script is something I would really love ot beable to use again, to make life more intresting.

Loky77
x3tc

Post by Loky77 » Thu, 9. Apr 09, 15:11

Ok guys, i just installed 2.0a, reviewed the modified script by egosoft as well as reviewing the new EMP 2.0

Egosoft patched Twaret.txt file in the new 07.cat file but couldn't find any difference with the previous one .. why did they release a new one :?

Anyway i redid a compilation of my script with the new Twaret.txt file as well as with the new EMP 2.0 file (not changed from 1.4 telling by differences)

To sum up, nothing was changed in stock ego twaret but they re-released so i redid mine too just in case.

Result: I loaded an old save game, everything went fine, no lock, no loop, just working flawlessly :) (for now)

I'll release a V2.0 with some fixes that were intended for 1.9 :p

Loky77
x3tc

Post by Loky77 » Thu, 9. Apr 09, 15:52

AHD V2.0 is in the pipe.

Enjoy

Loky

X2-Eliah
x4

Post by X2-Eliah » Thu, 9. Apr 09, 16:02

Thanks...
(Now only the background mod left, and the I kin start playing the game)..

Either who, Thanks for this script, it is a lifesaver (And the updates are plentiful and quality).

Magnabyte
x4

Post by Magnabyte » Thu, 9. Apr 09, 16:47

new update does not stop freeze up :(. Do you have a list of modifications and script packs that this is not compatable with....though I haven't added anything new since I ran this on 1.4. If I can help sort this out any way, just tell me, I loved ths script, and really want ot get back to using it.

Loky77
x3tc

Post by Loky77 » Thu, 9. Apr 09, 17:15

Magnabyte wrote:new update does not stop freeze up :(. Do you have a list of modifications and script packs that this is not compatable with....though I haven't added anything new since I ran this on 1.4. If I can help sort this out any way, just tell me, I loved ths script, and really want ot get back to using it.

No clue here .. if you didn't add anything new since 1.4 i don't see why it is not working.
Double check your false patch, v2.0a added a 07.cat so you have to renumber all of your false patches

Btw in the past some users have experienced some music loop, and it was related to Vista64, are you using that frakking thing ?

I tested on XP and Vista 32bits .. no flaws

As for conflict, the only i can see is if script or mods are using a modified TwareT file, in this case you would just have incorrect prices for ware and that's all.

And also, don't you forget to install the community configuration menu script back ?

Let me know if you found a solution, maybe i can try some weird thing to help you :=)

Magnabyte
x4

Post by Magnabyte » Thu, 9. Apr 09, 17:20

*smacks his head* I forgot the community configer pack, when 2.0a ame out, I guessed thier would be issues, so I wiped all my mods, and re loaded. Will load it, and double check. Also, I'm using Xp, Vista is fine ofr work, but for games, its just not ready yet.

Quofeous
x3tc

Post by Quofeous » Fri, 10. Apr 09, 02:34

Opp's
A very sheepish feeling "Q" didnt see the config pack, saw it after looking for it and kept missing it, installed it and it works now :) had afew issue's at start though still where i thought it had locked up or was going to, once going was fine, would like to say ty for a lovley scrpit

Quofeous aka Q

p.s. some poor soul will lose a ship in eve to make up for it lol :p

Magnabyte
x4

Post by Magnabyte » Fri, 10. Apr 09, 15:25

yep, works fine now, sorry ofr causing trouble over my own stupidity :(

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”