ALERT! Version 1.4 of DDTC is available for download!

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

maffspice
x3tc

Post by maffspice » Sun, 17. Jul 11, 12:59

Will there be any more updates to DDTC? Was having pretty major performance issues with 1.3, even with the unleashed version. Still, damned awesome.

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Sun, 17. Jul 11, 15:09

Hi maffspice,

We are working on DDTC 1.4 right now. We've been through several Beta's, and it is getting close to the RC stage.

...still, as the saying goes..."it's done when it's done".

In 1.4 there are a number of updates to the missions, bug fixes, new ships and custom starts...but while there have been a few tweaks that should improve performance, I'm not sure what that will actually deliver to the player.

If you want to have a try at 1.4, drop by the DDTC site and sign up. Once you're registered, and assuming you still want to "play test" the current performance, I'll add you into the Beta Test team.

maffspice
x3tc

Post by maffspice » Wed, 20. Jul 11, 02:55

Fantastic, I'm already registered and would be very happy to beta test.

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Fri, 22. Jul 11, 01:14

You go guys! Am saving up to buy a new ATI card that will (mostly) handle DDTC 1.3! Rock on you guys!

maffspice
x3tc

Post by maffspice » Fri, 22. Jul 11, 04:01

If you can get a good deal on a ATI 5850, go for it. Mines going strong, Hell, maxes out my CPUs frame rate even underclocked to 400mhz.

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Fri, 22. Jul 11, 10:31

Hieronymos wrote:You go guys! Am saving up to buy a new ATI card that will (mostly) handle DDTC 1.3! Rock on you guys!
Hi Hiero, with the Unleashed version of DDTC the load on your card should be significantly reduced. Both vanilla and unleashed versions of DDTC are now being tested for the 1.4 release. There are some interesting and significant modifications to all of our own ships which should enable them to survive longer in an unforgiving Universe :)
Still life in the old dog yet...

5h0gunn

Post by 5h0gunn » Sun, 13. Nov 11, 04:42

Hi. Anyone knows why the links to download the mod aren't working ?
I tried to download this mod but everytime I click the link i get 404 error :/

MegaBurn
xr

Post by MegaBurn » Sun, 13. Nov 11, 10:29

I was wondering the same thing, both the files and folders are gone. Might be related to the v1.4 release.
"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -Plato

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Sun, 13. Nov 11, 18:15

Hi Guys and thanks for the interest. First of all I'm not sure why the 1.3 links are down, I'll speak to Deadly when he gets back from Brazil and find out for you.

As you mentioned, DDTC 1.4 is almost ready for release and we should be going live soon. This will be our last release of DDTC for X3TC. As always it will have some new ships :) and some re texturing and rebuilding of models. The new dbox2 v1.13 collision data has been written to all of our ships and stations giving the Ai less stress and no near misses :)

All of the 7 shipyards the game includes have had there mission packs re written and extensively tested. Mission balance and weighting has been completely reworked to give a better flow and feel.

There's loads more that we've been working on including some new starts to keep you on your toes :)

Thanks for playing...

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Sun, 13. Nov 11, 20:08

We are checking the links now...appears to be a problem with the website :oops:

I'll post again shortly, once we are fully "back online". Apologies for the inconvenience.

MegaBurn
xr

Post by MegaBurn » Mon, 14. Nov 11, 00:30

The broken link for 1.4rc1 was a good thing for me, 18 hour download at 26.4kbps and a couple days to patch with XRM 1.13, better to wait for 1.4 final.

If this is the last DDTC release, any interest in working on a tighter integration patch with XRM plus various other scripts? XRM adds a bunch of pseudo/sub factions with themed sectors, gave the vanilla corporations a larger presence, and better fleshed out the races. Other scripts like Phanon corp, Pirates Guild, Yaki Armada, TSOG, etc add more depth - all of which could use their own ships to add even more depth to the game world. I think the DDTC shipyard missions could be relocated, so the player is involved in helping some of the sub factions get ships, or capturing hostile sub faction ships for a third party, as well as unlocking them for personal use.

This is similar to what I wanted to work on last year, but a bit more refined (also left for 8 months and had a fresh look at it all upon returning). As before, I'll do most/all of the work, but also heed intended use/roles guidelines or other input to respect what was envisioned for DDTC.

Mechanis

Post by Mechanis » Mon, 14. Nov 11, 03:39

first, let me just say, I'm an old (Read: reunion) fan of this mod, and it's nice seeing it continuing even after all this time.

If you're not already aware, the files hosted on your forum (images and the guide pdf) are 404ing. I tested it on my laptop as well, no dice. not really a big deal for me, but a new player who hasn't seen this before might be put off by it.
A tinker
And maker of models

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Mon, 14. Nov 11, 10:49

Hi guys and thanks for the patience. I've just checked the download links for 1.3 and all is well. Whatever problems Deadly had with the hosting site now seem to be resolved.

5h0gunn

Post by 5h0gunn » Mon, 14. Nov 11, 14:45

ahh GREAT THANKS for the links Guys :D I couldn't wait to play this MOD.

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Mon, 14. Nov 11, 15:10

Yes...links are back up.

Just a point of clarification...when we say that 1.4 is the "final" version, it doesn't mean we personally are going away, or that there won't be the occasional bug fix release.

Personally, I still enjoy playing the game 8)

I'm trying to get the final DDTC version out the door by this weekend, but no promises as Vayde keeps finding the odd bug here and there :D

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Wed, 16. Nov 11, 21:42

@MegaBurn

DDTC is compatible with Phanon Corp, Yaki Amada and Pirate Guild already, I've used each of them during the testing I've done without any major issues. As for further integration with other mods, then as long as it's for personal use I can't see anyone having an issue with this. It gets tricky when you want to combine several mods and release them as a public combo mod as some of the community are very protective over their hard work.

MegaBurn
xr

Post by MegaBurn » Thu, 17. Nov 11, 12:46

Yeah, the concept of competitive content exclusivity is a significant barrier to getting projects and mods to play well with others, and generally corrosive to the community. Its like a twisted sort of electronic feudalism inherited from the similarly bad habits of commercial publishers, or broader corporatocracy. Use to have notions of mounting a campaign to change that but now I'll settle for patches and hope Rebirth has lower technical barriers so its less of an issue.

Not script compatibility, same style of integration as the mods.

Edit, not sure that's the right way to put it, had a better worded version a while back. To the effect that twisted electronic feudalism is spontaneously self organizing in a pseudo corporate paradigm as emergent behavior in part caused by a reinforcing feedback loop against the technical barriers with mod compatibility. Parallel to the other old electronic feudalism argument traditional to these communities, that one is atypical, this one is twisted (Animal Farm comes to mind for some reason), but enough of my rambling...

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Wed, 23. Nov 11, 15:30

Hi Guys/Gals,

As it 'appens.I was looking 'ere for a mod to Fix a problem for someone.But I stumble upon this great Mod.
(Rest in peace,Jimmy).

Well yes I was looking for something else but saw this and loaded the Unleashed version.

Nice new backdrops and missions etc.

Looking forward to the next version ,when complete.

This will keep me going for a while.

Does not seem to be fully compatible with the Extra Ships/Stations Mod. :(
Some of those Shipyard etc are not available when I install DDTC. :(

Most of my other mix of mods/scripts seems ok atm.

All the time there are good mods like this,I won't need Rebirth.(oops! am I allowed to mention that game here?)

Keep up the good work. :)

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Wed, 23. Nov 11, 20:36

Hi TTD and welcome to the DDTC Mod :)

Regards compatibility, our mod does have a few issues with several other mods which also alter several of the T files and anything which alters backgrounds too. Deadly updates our emp file with each new iteration that ego produces and as it differs from the default emp file ever so slightly :) then anything that updates the emp file could cause issues.

At the moment there's only the two of us maintaining the Mod, Deadly does all the real work of scripting, MD missions, modelling etc and I try my best to break it each time a new version comes out :)

We are very close to the release of 1.4, I've sent deadly the final bugs to squash and I hope we can go live this weekend depending on his RL work load.

Mentioning rebirth is not a problem for me, as when 1.4 goes live I'll have thousands of hours of entertainment without testing to enjoy :)

By the way, How is Norman getting along these days :)

Thanks for playing...

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Wed, 23. Nov 11, 21:13

Thanks for that.
Norman had a son ,in a sequel,who gained assistance from a group of ancients.
He ,the son,is now supreme ruler of the ANH System and he is recognized as ruling a separate race from the other main races.

I tried to follow up on Norman,but lost the game files,so that did not go far.
Thus I followed with a new game and introduced Norman's son.
At that point Norman has been deceased for some years.

RIP Norman.

However I have recovered his game files,so you never know...His son my reminisce on some of his father's tales one day :D

The story of the son...

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... sc&start=0

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”