[BETA] Plugin Manager 2.20 BETA 6 : Updated 07/11/2008

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 5. Aug 09, 02:17

StormRazor52 wrote:Hey cycrow,
I just caught up on this tread and I would be glad to help out with the testing of the new manager. I am a retired disabled military veteran and have plenty of time to test and play. Just let me know if I can help. It has been a while but I should be able to input command line if need be. As well I am running the Evaluation copy of Win 7, so this will give us a chance to tweak the program for this OS. Just let me know. Keep cranking em out for you are the best. :D
if you wanna start testing, u can go here

http://www.thexuniverse.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86

it has the information and the download of the current beta.

and its has a seperate forum you can use to post any problems as well.

all u need is a login to the XTM forums to post.

there is also a project file there that will list all the remaining tasks and such

StormRazor52
xr

Post by StormRazor52 » Wed, 5. Aug 09, 03:28

Great I will get going on it tonight

pSylle
x3tc

Post by pSylle » Wed, 5. Aug 09, 04:44

Cycrow wrote:the plugin manager uses the registry entries to determine where the game is.

so if your version uses a different registry entry, then this might be the problem.

u can however input the directory manually, just click the button to the right of the directory named, marked as "..." and you can manually select the directory to use.

u can also goto the file menu and change the directory that way.

you only need to do this once, once its added u can continue to use the same directory
I tried that too, tells me "cant find x2.exe / x3.exe" i pointed the right folder thou.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 5. Aug 09, 04:46

pSylle wrote:I tried that too, tells me "cant find x2.exe / x3.exe" i pointed the right folder thou.
That usually means you have the X3 version of the program, not the TC version.

pSylle
x3tc

Post by pSylle » Wed, 5. Aug 09, 05:57

I messed up, works correctly now, thx ;D

Poobah
x3tc

Post by Poobah » Wed, 5. Aug 09, 22:21

How do I use the plugin manager when I have both X3:R and X3:TC installed at the same time.

For instance I previously had X3:R installed and had a load of plugins installed, but now when I point the manager at TC it acts like all those plugins are installed in TC? So how do I get it to differentiate.

Thanks.

Edit : okay it refreshed now and all the X3:R ones aren't showing, phew :)
Lead me not into temptation,
For I can find the way myself!

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 6. Aug 09, 00:56

You should be using 2 different versions of the problem, 1 for X3 and the other for TC.

Using the TC version for both upsets the program.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 6. Aug 09, 20:30

when the new version is available, it should work fine for both games

mevko
xr

Post by mevko » Wed, 12. Aug 09, 09:38

Hi Cycrow i was wondering is the new version that u said going to contain the ship creator. And when can we expect it.

Thanks. :D

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 13. Aug 09, 20:42

yes and no.

the first version will be very basic, and wont do ships or anything.

but they will be added eventually

the first basic version should hopefully be available soonish, this will be the first version with a Gui

2risky4u

Post by 2risky4u » Thu, 13. Aug 09, 23:39

friend of mine installed this but doesn't get the "run game" or "exit run game" buttons, just "exit." Any ideas as to what wrong? He has the correct Current X directory in case you were wondering, could it be to do with him downloading the game via steam?

This is for the script installer by the way, which he used to install cycrows cheat package which worked fine as far as I can tell.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 14. Aug 09, 02:50

he'll have basic controls set in the options.

just go into the settings menu and u'll be able to turn on those buttons

legend4352

Post by legend4352 » Wed, 19. Aug 09, 17:59

Hello, noob here......Ive downloaded the plugin manager but cant get it to work. when I try to download a script to it, a msg pops up that says there are no current directories to install to. I think this has something to do with "steam" which I used to purchase the game. Any help would be great!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 19. Aug 09, 18:56

it means it didn't detect the game on startup.

so u just have to add the directory manually.
just click on the "..." button and select navigate to the directory, it should be where you installed steam, in the steamapps directory.

select the TC one and then it should work

StarbuckAK

Post by StarbuckAK » Wed, 19. Aug 09, 23:31

I really hope the ship installer comes soon. I really like Hawk BS's Galactica mod, but I dont want all the sector renaming and such and I want to edit the ships to my preference without going through too much grinding again. PLEASE CY, MAKE THIS HAPPEN AND ME LOVE YOU LONG TIME!

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 20. Aug 09, 01:33

The BSG ships are in the Merge Mod. You can have them now :)

StarbuckAK

Post by StarbuckAK » Thu, 20. Aug 09, 03:32

oh i know. i was just sayin that with the merge mod i got the full mod that i didnt really want. i like keeping the x universe all the same but with the bsg ships in them. with the merged mod, hawk made argon prime into caprica which didnt fit for me unless it was completely moded, sounds and all.

however, i have figured out how to use all the tools available to me and cycrows beta mod manager app to add just the ships and it seems to all be working fine now so cycow doesnt have to rush. i'll still love him long time tho.

thanks for the reply apricot!

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 20. Aug 09, 03:34

There are no sector changes in the merge mod for bsg. Only the ships got added, none of the scripts and not the text file. Just the ships. The bsg start is my design, not the bsg mods.

If you have the sector name changes still, then delete the bsg mod's text file from your types directory.

StarbuckAK

Post by StarbuckAK » Thu, 20. Aug 09, 06:47

thats basically what i ended up doing and just made a repack of the cat for easy installs later.

WindsOfBoreas

Post by WindsOfBoreas » Fri, 21. Aug 09, 00:06

Does anyone know how the Price setting for custom wares calculates into game price?
"Humanity has the stars in its future, and that future is too important to be lost under the burden of juvenile folly and ignorant superstition." - Isaac Asimov

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”