X3: TC Cockpit Callback mod?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

serenitynow
x3

X3: TC Cockpit Callback mod?

Post by serenitynow » Fri, 17. Oct 08, 05:33

I was wondering if/when the cockpit mode will be compatible with TC. I really love having cockpits...what has to be done to make this compatible and is anyone going to make it?

I tried installing the 1.4 version but nothing showed up in game. I almost would rather wait to play till we can get some cockpits, any idea when/if this will happen?

Thanks

Predator02
x4

Post by Predator02 » Fri, 17. Oct 08, 05:57

Soon as someone does it.

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Fri, 17. Oct 08, 06:30

It'll take weeks, probably. I'm not sure the tools work properly. Manual editing is possible but time consuming and easy to screw up.

plus everyone wants to play the game first 8)

serenitynow
x3

Post by serenitynow » Fri, 17. Oct 08, 07:16

Thanks for the replies, dang that's too bad. So I guess there isn't something I missed that was out now with enabled cockpits. But the TC is amazing anyway. I just love the cockpits...hope they get made before I finish the game hehe. (New cockpit designs would be cool too but now I'm really dreaming...)

Kitch
x3tc

Post by Kitch » Fri, 17. Oct 08, 08:12

I'd expect that since a lot of folks involved with X3:TC were involved with the most excellent X3:R Xtended mod there will be plenty of this stuff coming soon.

When they've had a holiday from a nasty developer timetable and got back to playing X3.

CLANWARRIOR
x3tc

Cockpit scenes

Post by CLANWARRIOR » Fri, 17. Oct 08, 17:08

I would like copit scenes in the ships as it introduces a eliment of reality in the game, is there any one working on this ?
If so , when will the script be available ?
If not , Why Not & when can you start ?

Predator02
x4

Post by Predator02 » Fri, 17. Oct 08, 19:42

Well, if someone does do new cockpits, I hope they are in fact new, the x2 ones are starting to get stale.

pme2001
x3tc

Post by pme2001 » Fri, 17. Oct 08, 20:32

I like the cockpits too...adds to the realism giving a claustrophobic feel to the game by reducing your vision to whats going on around!
Roll on the cockpits!..........please.
XP SP3 AMD DC 4200+ 2GB RAM GeFORCE 9600GT 250GB HDD SOUNDBLASTER AUDIGY SE

Khaak_Slayer
x4

Post by Khaak_Slayer » Sat, 18. Oct 08, 00:52

No disrespect intended to the developers, as i love X, and this game is looking to be very kool. But honestly, is it that hard to whip up a few cockpit models for the ships? Some modders managed it in their spare time for the last cockpit callback mod. There is high demand for them, they should have been created officially for this game and included. To be using cockpits that are several games out of date is ridiculous. I was really really hoping they would have been in this game from the start. I sincerely hope they will create some and release them in a patch, they have given other ships and things and new missions etc in patches for X3, what do they have against cockpits? Sure some people don't like them, but there is the option to not use them in that case.
Rawr.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 18. Oct 08, 00:58

Khaak_Slayer wrote:No disrespect intended to the developers, as i love X, and this game is looking to be very kool. But honestly, is it that hard to whip up a few cockpit models for the ships? Some modders managed it in their spare time for the last cockpit callback mod. There is high demand for them, they should have been created officially for this game and included. To be using cockpits that are several games out of date is ridiculous. I was really really hoping they would have been in this game from the start. I sincerely hope they will create some and release them in a patch, they have given other ships and things and new missions etc in patches for X3, what do they have against cockpits? Sure some people don't like them, but there is the option to not use them in that case.
i think adding cockpits for every ship would be abit too much work for a patch that wont get any extra funds

Khaak_Slayer
x4

Post by Khaak_Slayer » Sat, 18. Oct 08, 01:10

I knew i was going to get that reply. To be fair, there aren't that many cockpits in the cockpit callback mod, yet they can be easily spread out over a broad number of ships. I'm not suggesting they design a cockpit specific for every ship (although one can dream), just maybe a few for ships of certain classes.

Hell, they could release it for something like 8 bucks, i'd pay it.
Rawr.

Khaak_Slayer
x4

Post by Khaak_Slayer » Sat, 18. Oct 08, 02:24

There is already a topic about this in this very forum
Rawr.

Witchy
x4

Post by Witchy » Sat, 18. Oct 08, 20:28

Khaak_Slayer wrote:I knew i was going to get that reply. To be fair, there aren't that many cockpits in the cockpit callback mod, yet they can be easily spread out over a broad number of ships. I'm not suggesting they design a cockpit specific for every ship (although one can dream), just maybe a few for ships of certain classes.

Hell, they could release it for something like 8 bucks, i'd pay it.
The developers don't want us to have cockpits so I will HAPPILY pay something extra for a mod with half a dozen or so new cockpits

scouser3008
x4

Post by scouser3008 » Mon, 20. Oct 08, 01:53

I have to agree though cockpits just add that little something extra to the game, by all means make them optional as both X3 games are awesome without them, but i reguarly just load up X2 spawn up a ton of Khaak and Friendly NPC's and just duke it out becuase it was awesome having to look at the different screens on your cockpit to get info about what was goin on, whether it was the shield and energy bars on the left panel or the Top Right screen showing missile loadouts etc, i just loved it hehe.
One other request which i think would be waayy harder than remaking/skinning the cockpits is the addition of NPC crews on Cap ships? not ones that you actually interact with or do anything functional, just character models that would sit in the empty seats and push some buttons on the bridge of your cap ship as I believe that was missing from X2 and also X3 (with the cockpit mod enabled).
Anyways this is just my two cents/dreams for the game hehe
Scouser

ishmaeltheforsaken
x4

Post by ishmaeltheforsaken » Mon, 20. Oct 08, 03:06

I love the cockpits because they make me feel like I'm inside, safe from the cold of the vacuum. Without them, I feel not like I'm flying my ship, but that I'm sitting on the hull, riding it. So, yeah! Bring on the TC cockpits!

Khaak_Slayer
x4

Post by Khaak_Slayer » Mon, 20. Oct 08, 05:26

Yeah, it is a bit of an immersion breaker feeling like you're just a pair of eyes stuck to the nose of a ship
Rawr.

serenitynow
x3

Post by serenitynow » Mon, 20. Oct 08, 06:14

Khaak_Slayer wrote:Yeah, it is a bit of an immersion breaker feeling like you're just a pair of eyes stuck to the nose of a ship
Argh...exactly!

Anyway, I also wanted to say I would gladly pay money for a cockpit add-on. I would hope that there would be new cockpit designs for most ships, or at least have a few more designs from the old ones and maybe some better looking textures on them (not that the old ones look terrible, but it would be nice).

Khaak_Slayer
x4

Post by Khaak_Slayer » Mon, 20. Oct 08, 07:05

Yeah, and with some of the more advanced rendering technology, it would be great. I loved how in X2, transmissions would show up on monitors all over the bridges of the capital ships. And how system information would be integrated into the cockpit models themselves.
Rawr.

DCurrahee

Post by DCurrahee » Mon, 20. Oct 08, 07:34

Yea cockpits are essential for immersion. I loved having the giant ships have a full deck that you could look around in. Just made travel all the more fun to be able to 'look out the window'

Would I pay money for them? I just paid money, and from the community interest in the previous cockpit mod I was fully expecting cockpits to be standard. Time and effort goes into any patch, and none of them reap any extra funds.

devir
x3

Post by devir » Tue, 21. Oct 08, 20:24

I had looked at every screen of TC prior to it's release and none of them showed a hint of the interface and whether there would be cockpits or not. Mostly it was all external camera shots.

Foolishly I had thought, since Cockpits were "that important" to post on the front page as a "bonus" update waaaay back soon after X3R was released, that maybe, just maybe they would have made cockpits. But sorely I was wrong. I hated when Wing commander 4(?) went the full screen no cockpit route. I hated when it all of the sudden became the cool thing to do was to spurn the old cockpit.

It's somehow an Irony, or just a pickup where car games like GT and Forza strive to make realistic cockpits for ALL their cars. And each car has it's own interior. Granted now that takes time, extreme time. Especially with 900+ cars GT5 is slated to have.

Now X3TC has roughly 90+ ships in the game. A lot of them variations of each other, Buster sentinal, Buster hauler... So the cockpits can at least be somewhat similar for the variations.

But the bottom line is cockpits are important and I am seeing tons of posts by registered users on this regard. The means paying customers believe cockpits are important to them.

Some are even foolishly willing to pay for a cockpit expansion. It would be like buying a car without the Dashboard, which is offered as a package option.

The Terran ships, and stations all look sweet. The deal would be perfect if we had cockpits to look out of without having to fully rely on the mod community.

Personally I couldn't play X3R without the cockpit mod, and I find TC difficult to play without this seemingly minor, yet extremely important detail.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”