[SCRIPT]Advanced HyperDrive(AHD) v2.0 [Apr.09.2009] with video demo TC2.0a compatible

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 23. May 09, 11:06

I am having some kind of problem. Before I was able to use auto.drive with my TS's but now it isn't showing up in the additional commands for them. I can use it with my capitol ships though?

edit--- actually it is showing up on my capitol ships but not any of my fighters/transport ships. Is there some kind of script incompatibility that could cause this?

edit 2--- It's a conflict with one of Lucike's scripts, either travel drive or ship tools, can you guys look into that?

Loky77
x3tc

Post by Loky77 » Mon, 25. May 09, 15:55

Humm ... According the the community "script command use" list, there shouldn't be any conflict between travel drive and Auto.drive.

For the ship tools script, i can' t find it on the list so i don't know what commands it is using.
So can't be of any help in here. Sorry.

Ask Lucike what command he is using on his ship tools script, maybe it is the same as me and causes the conflict.

Last thing, have your ship fitted with required software ( ie: Nav soft for autodrive )

Cheers

Loky

jimhsu77479
x4

Post by jimhsu77479 » Tue, 2. Jun 09, 20:54

I have a strange problem when using Project Warpgate under certain conditions.

I've isolated 1/2 second stuttering to having autojump (egosoft) and auto drive (AHD) enabled on a ship that is projecting a warpgate. Removing that fixed stuttering .. however when I tried to deactivate a gate link for one particular ship, the game crashes a few seconds later after the "gate destroyed" message.

Further info - I established a link between Shareholder's Fortune and The Vault (the "normal" jumpgates got deactivated due to an error with the Hub [unrelated]. But suffice to say that both jumpgates are present, just not linked). I heard that gates with conflicting IDs can cause crashes, so I don't know if that warpgate is conflicting with the jumpgate. Any way to check or fix?

Some more:
The gate from Shareholder's Fortune (id=6) to The Vault (id=4) is not functional (I pass right through). The gate from The Vault to Shareholder's Fortune is functional. Destroying the Shareholder's Fortune gate crashes with some delay, while destroying The Vault gate immediately crashes.

jimhsu77479
x4

Post by jimhsu77479 » Thu, 4. Jun 09, 07:33

After some debugging, I figured mhordes.warpgate.gate is the script that is seriously slowing things down, especially the subroutine responsible for crediting the player. Comparing FPS at 6x SETA, FPS quadrupled once I terminated the few dozen or so instances of mhordes.warpgate.gate. I would suggest a future version that allows the crediting to be turned off, if that is what is consuming all that CPU power. Perhaps it's because I built an extensive warpgate system, but it became way too slow.

Mithril Prime
x3

Post by Mithril Prime » Tue, 9. Jun 09, 19:19

Ok, I'm sad to report that this script isn't working. As soon as I load it with the X Plugin manager, and load a saved game, I get the ping sound announcing that its been installed, followed immidiately by the game freezing. It then makes an odd clicking sound for about 30 seconds, then crashes to the desktop.

I have Mars and Cycrows Cheat Script installed, as well as the EMP. I also attempted to install FCC, but that wasn't working, so I uninstalled it until I found out what the issue was. Sadly, its this.

Loky77
x3tc

Post by Loky77 » Tue, 9. Jun 09, 22:27

Mithril Prime wrote:Ok, I'm sad to report that this script isn't working. As soon as I load it with the X Plugin manager, and load a saved game, I get the ping sound announcing that its been installed, followed immidiately by the game freezing. It then makes an odd clicking sound for about 30 seconds, then crashes to the desktop.

I have Mars and Cycrows Cheat Script installed, as well as the EMP. I also attempted to install FCC, but that wasn't working, so I uninstalled it until I found out what the issue was. Sadly, its this.

Sadly you didn't read the opening post well enough and you have the symptoms of someone that forgot to install Cycrow's community configuration menu script :D

@jimhsu77479 I'm taking your suggestion of options for player crediting into consideration :) Thanks for the input

Raumkraut93
x3tc

Post by Raumkraut93 » Thu, 2. Jul 09, 16:20

what do i need to get the quantum space jump activated? I cant find the command in the navigation menu and theres not hotkey aswell.
"Dies ist alles, was ich über den Krieg weiss: Einer gewinnt, einer verliert
und nichts ist nachher so
wie es vorher war."

"Stellt eure Truppen auf, oh große Generäle,
Der Preis des Sieges übersteigt den Preis der Niederlage."

Loky77
x3tc

Post by Loky77 » Fri, 3. Jul 09, 13:42

Raumkraut93 wrote:what do i need to get the quantum space jump activated? I cant find the command in the navigation menu and theres not hotkey aswell.
From the opening post
Requirements:

Quantum jump (Navigation Menu):
Quantum Hyperbolic Drive
Navigation Software Mk1
Singularity Slope Tension Converter (optional): Quantumjump will cost no E-Cells if Singularity Slope Tension Converter is installed on ship
And still form the opening post
The hotkey: You have a new hotkey available upon installation, set it; then one key press engage hyperjump, double keypress engage quantum jump, triple press engage quantum jump with destination as your currently aimed target (Thanks gazz for your multiple-press hotkey library)
Hotkey is named Adv.HyperDrive, look carefully for it
Please before posting that sort of questions, be sure to read CAREFULLY the opening post where everything is explained.

Cheers

Loky

cattafett
x3tc

Post by cattafett » Thu, 9. Jul 09, 02:03

first loved this in X3r thanks for porting it

in the first post it talks about using the Ecliptic Projector from the German thread, but i was wondering i think i saw an Ecliptic Projector in the ware list anyway, can i just add that to a random equipment dock or does it have to be the full mod
those UFOs you hear about are just what you tried to explaine to me going over my head
Advanced Complex-Hub you know you need it Catta Fett's D.O.G.S Vanilla safe mod collectionyou don't need them but you want them
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings

Chris0132
xr

Post by Chris0132 » Thu, 9. Jul 09, 07:52

Neither of the non-emp version downloads seem to be working, is this intentional or are they just broken?

Also the EMP mod download seems broken too so I can't download that and then use the EMP version.

Lancefighter
x4

Post by Lancefighter » Thu, 9. Jul 09, 07:54

cattafett wrote:first loved this in X3r thanks for porting it

in the first post it talks about using the Ecliptic Projector from the German thread, but i was wondering i think i saw an Ecliptic Projector in the ware list anyway, can i just add that to a random equipment dock or does it have to be the full mod
the mod also makes the ecliptic projector work - however, using the ecliptic projector messes with the advanced hyperdrive/quantum drive

edit
and NEVER build a station with it on! It will send you a few hundred KM from where you were..

trust me, ive done this dozens of times without thinking.

Chris0132
xr

Post by Chris0132 » Thu, 9. Jul 09, 08:36

Lancefighter wrote:
cattafett wrote:first loved this in X3r thanks for porting it

the mod also makes the ecliptic projector work - however, using the ecliptic projector messes with the advanced hyperdrive/quantum drive

edit
and NEVER build a station with it on! It will send you a few hundred KM from where you were..

trust me, ive done this dozens of times without thinking.
'with it on'?

As in with the mod installed or activated or whatever, or with the equipment on your ship? Or something else?

Also I don't suppose you could reupload the file to somewhere for me could you? I'd love to try it out, especially the gates, I need more expensive things to buy.

Lancefighter
x4

Post by Lancefighter » Thu, 9. Jul 09, 08:43

History lesson time!

Back in the days of x2, pretty much all sectors were the same size, had the same gate positions, and generally, were rather similar.
There was this cool thing, called the ecliptic projector - If you had one installed, you could activate (default was.. g? yea that sounds right), and it would display a grid in space, that gave you orientation, and pointers in all the cardinal directions.

x3 rolls around - stuff changed. Gates are no longer where they used to be, and sectors were no longer the same size. However, the ecliptic projector remains. It still would display a grid in space where you could orient yourself.. however, the pointers no longer pointed to the gates, and well, the grid was really small.

x3tc comes by - And well. Byebye ecliptic projector. The german mod linked in the OP provides the ecliptic projector, and a hotkey to use it.
And let me tell you - its fantastic. it provides a much bigger grid, and makes it really easy to orient yourself where you want to go. Just gotta give it a hotkey like any other script...
Hit the hotkey, you get the familiar (to some of us) blue grid over most of the sector. Problem is, it plays havoc with the advanced hyperdrive or quantum drive for some reason.. I assume collision detection. However, that doesnt really matter.
Just installing it and having it on your ships has no ill effects.

Chris0132
xr

Post by Chris0132 » Thu, 9. Jul 09, 08:47

Oh you mean with the ecliptic projector on, I thought you meant with the hyperdrive stuff on.

Lancefighter
x4

Post by Lancefighter » Thu, 9. Jul 09, 08:54

>.< I can understand why - what i wrote isnt exactly proper pronoun - noun pairing.

Loky77
x3tc

Post by Loky77 » Thu, 9. Jul 09, 14:32

Chris0132 wrote:
Also I don't suppose you could reupload the file to somewhere for me could you? I'd love to try it out, especially the gates, I need more expensive things to buy.
Files Re-uploaded on filefront.
Both download locations are working.

About the Ecliptic projector.
Yes when it is on, it creates the grid that is seen as a big large object witch sometimes messes up with the collision detection and thus go havoc with some of the AHD functions such as quantum jumps, in sector hyperjumps and ships with auto drive turned on. This only happens while In Sector.

This is due to how the ecliptic projector is designed, the authors are currently on standby toward how to fix that.

That's why when you use quantum drive or build a station with the ecliptic projector on, all positioning is messed up.
There is nothing AHD can do about that :(

Solution: Turn off the ecliptic projector to solve everything

Side note: The ecliptic projector doesn't need to be ON to enhance the quantum jumps, you just need to have the device in your cargo bay.
The quantum hyperbolic drive is using the data from the ecliptic projector without the device to actually project anything :)

So for now, nothing changed in AHD behavior, choice to user to use or not the ecliptic projector, and having it in cargo bay without using it still enhances the quantum jumps.

Cheers

Loky

cattafett
x3tc

Post by cattafett » Thu, 9. Jul 09, 22:29

Loky77 wrote:Side note: The ecliptic projector doesn't need to be ON to enhance the quantum jumps, you just need to have the device in your cargo bay.
The quantum hyperbolic drive is using the data from the ecliptic projector without the device to actually project anything

so if it don't need to be turned on i guess the script just looks for the ecliptic projector ware is on board the ship using the jumpdrive thingy
and the simple ware should be ok yes/no?
those UFOs you hear about are just what you tried to explaine to me going over my head
Advanced Complex-Hub you know you need it Catta Fett's D.O.G.S Vanilla safe mod collectionyou don't need them but you want them
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings

Chris0132
xr

Post by Chris0132 » Fri, 10. Jul 09, 06:07

Loky77 wrote:
Chris0132 wrote:
Files Re-uploaded on filefront.
Both download locations are working.
Many thanks.

I assumed becuase it just said 'connection close' that it was broken, but if you reuploaded it and it does it on filefront too I'm guessing that's what it does if you don't save as, for some reason the EMP version didn't do that though.

Edit:

Hmm no it doesn't seem to work, if I try to click the link it just comes up with a page saying 'connection close' and nothing else, but if I save the page as it only saves 21 bytes and it doesn't install using the mod manager.

Fortunately the EMP mod download seems to be up again and I can download the EMP version of this fine, so I should have it working.

X2-Eliah
x4

Post by X2-Eliah » Fri, 10. Jul 09, 07:37

Aye, both sites of non-emp result in a 404 error.

Loky77
x3tc

Post by Loky77 » Fri, 10. Jul 09, 12:06

Gha, don't know why filefront and mediafire are linking the non emp version to a 21k files despite a complete and suceeding re-uploading. :evil: :evil: :evil:

So i uploaded the non EMP version to 2 new servers, they may require you to wait between 10 and 30sec before you can start the download though.
Not something you can't get through.

Tested the both servers myself as a user, both are working

Have Fun

Loky

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”