Litcube's Universe

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Shomey
x4

Post by Shomey » Thu, 25. Jun 15, 22:52

I seem to have a problem, or I am the problem myself, anyway I cannot fix it.

I made a SCH100 cahoona. I set its traders at autojump range 1 with 50 fuel(so they get 500).

Now the ships jump out of the station mode saying they don`t have enough fuel.

Are they complaining that the SCH holds no power? Power is a secondary ware so I guess they can buy it. However, they are not buying any energyu since they need 500 to fly off in the first place.

Besides that, the ai seems a little stupid/slow. I have the price set at 50 and there are stations buying for 60 in the same sector, yet they keep scanning for trade. Does level factor in? On is level5 and the other is a brand new trader.

My other stations never had any of those problems.

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Fri, 26. Jun 15, 01:27

Level does affect how much time they take to find trade opportunities and how far they look but even at highest level, station agents won't go out of their way to get energy. Basically LU station agent logic relies completely on the "autofuel jump range" setting which means that every time the trader docks at a station or factory that has energy cells, it will take/buy enough energy cells according to that setting. So generally you want to set that setting to be at least double the value of the station trading range so the trader has enough fuel to jump both ways. Then you need to make sure your station has leftover (secondary or primary) Energy Cells.

Generally this last bit is hard to do for complexes where there isn't much leftover Energy Cells so usually the system that works much better is to not use station agents at all but instead create a central distribution system organized around your HQ. So, deploy a HQ where either with Freighters or Couriers or Station Agents you make sure it has plenty of Energy Cells in stock at all times. Then use Freighters or Couriers or Station Agents to transport goods from your complexes to the HQ, then use the HQ assigned Station Agents to sell off any excess. That way, because it will be the HQ Station Agents doing the actual trading and because you already make sure the HQ has lots of Energy Cells in stock at all times, you won't run into the earlier problems.
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Fri, 26. Jun 15, 06:28

ColeTahn wrote:Hello,

i gameplay question.
What do you need all these huge sh complexes for ?
I usually built the XL 10.
But where can you build the 50, 100 and more shc?
Is there no limit of what the KI Traders will buy or is it more for your own use ? But then again, in that quantity ?
They aren't only for selling goods to the NPCs, you know.

A simple example is the jumpdrive core. It takes 2 hours and 24 minutes for a factory to make one jumpdrive core, and an M2 will burn 125 of them if it has to get out in a hurry.

If you're going to take on the OCV I'd say you should bring at least 3-4 M2s per OCV M2 as a minimum, and they are probably gonna have to jump out a couple of times to avoid getting slaughtered. That means your fleet could easily burn through well over a thousand jumpdrive cores in just one battle, and if you're going to fight the OCV effectively you need to keep your ships stocked at all times. That in turn means you need a huge production line to keep your ships stocked, and with a large fleet you'll probably end up needing several SCH400 to keep it operational. Not to mention the fact that ships are probably going to chew through missiles like there's no tomorrow, and as memeics mentioned you need a huge amount of resources to keep ship building going. So yeah, I definitely see the need for those enormous Saturn Complex Hubs.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

ColeTahn
xr

Post by ColeTahn » Fri, 26. Jun 15, 12:57

Ok thanks you guys, helped a lot.

but one silly question i still have:
Where do i get a HQ and s shipyard to build my own ships ?
I am realy confused..

gchojna1
x3tc

Post by gchojna1 » Fri, 26. Jun 15, 14:22

I have a late question for memeics.

Where can I find yours "OCV patrol groups"

It's not very satisfying to beat stupid OCV :(

Greg

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Fri, 26. Jun 15, 15:15

ColeTahn wrote:Ok thanks you guys, helped a lot.

but one silly question i still have:
Where do i get a HQ and s shipyard to build my own ships ?
I am realy confused..
The player Headquarters is found at the shipyard in
Spoiler
Show
Cloudbase South East.
It also double as a shipyard, which means you can use it to make your own ship once you either buy the blueprint or dock one of the ships you want to produce at the HQ and reverse engineer it.

You'll need resources to build ships. The resources you need are e-cells, teladianium, cloth rimes, rastar oil, ore, silicon, crystals, quantum tubes, microchips and computer components, but not necessarily in that order. I think someone worked out the correct ratios between the resources a few pages ago, but take that with a grain of salt.

And no, sadly you can't have more than one HQ. It will f**k things up as the game was only designed to have one HQ in the entire universe(unless Litcube changed that in one of his patches, but I don't think he did).
gchojna1 wrote:I have a late question for memeics.

Where can I find yours "OCV patrol groups"

It's not very satisfying to beat stupid OCV :(

Greg
It's in the "Small improvements and fixes" pack, which can be found here. Just download and run the installer, choose the OCV group patrols (and any other improvement you might want) and you're done.

DiDs:
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Fri, 26. Jun 15, 20:10

Thanks Zeitsev for the links!

gchojna1, if making the OCV smarter/tougher is your objective I also recommend the "Revelation Attack All Enemies" change from the pack so that they don't ignore lasertowers and satellites. The latter part especially will give you much less insight into their movements but it's realistic (and it's what the other races do, if you are enemy of them). Not having 24/7 complete knowledge of all their military assets should give a feeling of a larger threat looming beyond unknown space.
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

ColeTahn
xr

Post by ColeTahn » Sun, 28. Jun 15, 20:33

Hello,

i am a little bit worried about all my 10 x 1MJ Shield SHCs.
I have about 10 of them all over the galaxy and some of then don't get their shields sold. I ave no SAs but the prise set one credit under the average, but there are no more inbound ships, no demand :(
When i look at the docks i see a full stock of 1MJ shields. So i won't be able to sell then soon.

Does anyone else have these problems ? I thought you can build a lot of these stations without ever getting into problems. I only have a total of 100 1MJ Shield stations and after 3 ingame days its over...

Is that normal ? What should i do ?

Masterik

Post by Masterik » Sun, 28. Jun 15, 21:46

Can somebody with experience in the mod can tell me the profitssss difference between

default trade mk3.
Improved trade mk3 mod.
litcube universal trade thing (the one that cost 400k).

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 28. Jun 15, 22:41

Default trade = LUV trade (ok not really, but still)

MK3 reloaded reloaded is the best ! :)

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Mon, 29. Jun 15, 03:50

ColeTahn wrote:Hello,

i am a little bit worried about all my 10 x 1MJ Shield SHCs.
I have about 10 of them all over the galaxy and some of then don't get their shields sold. I ave no SAs but the prise set one credit under the average, but there are no more inbound ships, no demand :(
When i look at the docks i see a full stock of 1MJ shields. So i won't be able to sell then soon.

Does anyone else have these problems ? I thought you can build a lot of these stations without ever getting into problems. I only have a total of 100 1MJ Shield stations and after 3 ingame days its over...

Is that normal ? What should i do ?
100 1 MJ shield stations is a bit overkill if you ask me, and you might have saturated the market. One way to get around this is to buy an equipment dock (or the player headquarters if you can afford it), send all your shields to the EQ dock (or HQ) via couriers and then use a dock agent to sell them. The reason this works is that the dock agent can sell 200 (or 250, I can't remember) of any weapon, missile or shield, even if the stocks are full. It might be a bit slow, but at least you'll be able to move those shields.

DiDs:
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

ion_cannon_1
xr

Post by ion_cannon_1 » Mon, 29. Jun 15, 09:11

memeics wrote:Yeah, as eugene171 said there are certain shipbuilding resources that need to be produced in much larger quantities than the others. For example, you will have much smaller Quantum Tube production compared to Silicon Wafers/Ore Mine/Teladianium production simply because an M2+ takes much less Quantum Tubes/SCH-size vs Silicon Wafes/Ore Mine/Teladianium production divided by SCH-size. Towards the end game I had 2 SCH400 Silicon Wafers and 2 SCH400 Ore Mines and 3 SCH350 Teladianium complexes (plus lots of single SCH for the other resources) that made it possible to produce a Paranid Cyclops every game half-hour (in terms of resources, the actual build time is longer I think for a Cyclops).

The only limit are the asteroid resources, even if you transport all asteroids in one sector where you deploy all your production you will still be limited by those at some point but by that time you should have no issues producing M2+s continuously, like I mentioned.

In terms of money making, find a good money making product (produced relatively fast, relatively high average selling price and relatively small cargo space taken), for example Mass Driver complexes are good for that. I had at some point 6 SCH350 Mass Driver complexes making all the money I ever needed.
Yes and to get some more detailed ratios on how to supply your headquarters for pure shipbuilding, here is a spreadsheet with all the ratios: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... LQdm8/edit

Pretty much, if you build all your complexes in the ratio on the bottom row, you should be almost perfectly supplying a PHQ with very little excess

siddham
x3tc

Post by siddham » Mon, 29. Jun 15, 20:39

I have a question about creating a clean install of Albion Prelude for Litcube.

I have the X games on Steam, and I have Terran Conflict with the bonus pack installed.

If I now download AP, will it create a separate install
Or does it change my TC install to an AP install?

Also, does the fact that my TC install has the TC Bonus Pack cause a problem?

Thanks

eugene171
x3ap

Post by eugene171 » Mon, 29. Jun 15, 22:00

siddham wrote:I have a question about creating a clean install of Albion Prelude for Litcube.

I have the X games on Steam, and I have Terran Conflict with the bonus pack installed.

If I now download AP, will it create a separate install
Or does it change my TC install to an AP install?

Also, does the fact that my TC install has the TC Bonus Pack cause a problem?

Thanks
If I understand correctly, AP modifies your TC install. So, your TC install with bonus pack will not be properly "clean".

You'll probably have to uninstall TC and re-install it, and AP without the bonus pack involved.

siddham
x3tc

Post by siddham » Mon, 29. Jun 15, 22:03

Right...so I dont end up with two installs, able to play TC or AP as I choose?

I guess By 'clean' Litcube must mean to install AP without TC being already installed

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 29. Jun 15, 22:25

Some confusion is evident here. X3AP puts its additional files (including its BP) into an 'addon' folder inside the X3TC game folder. While X3AP also uses many TC core files, it does not use the TC BP held in the TC scripts folder. Pure X3TC play does not access the 'addon' folder at all.

When you install LU, the installer wipes several folders in the X3AP 'addon' folder including the scripts folder where the X3AP BP is held - so you don't have to worry about either BP version being present in LU unless you try to reinstall the X3AP BP after LU is there.

The above is the reason you should apply LU to a moved vanilla copy of X3TC/X3AP and not to the Steam TC game folder itself where files may be updated or restored to vanilla.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 30. Jun 15, 08:36

To add to what Alan just said, X3AP is not a standalone. You cannot install X3AP without having X3TC automatically downloaded for you.

A clean version is X3AP without the bonus pack. When you install LU, you will point to your X3TC directory (which includes X3AP).

Xe-131
x4

Post by Xe-131 » Tue, 30. Jun 15, 14:56

Here's a quick random question for anyone who's got this far

Where did you put your PHQ in LU and why?

I was thinking this:
Spoiler
Show
Put it in Y Alpha and militarise Unknown Sector Beta as there are plenty of rich asteroids in that sector (hence the spoiler tag), however I don't know why the V, Y and Z sectors are there for.
To follow up what I put in spoilers, will the V, Y and Z sectors play any role in the game later on?

zibafu
x3tc

Post by zibafu » Tue, 30. Jun 15, 15:11

Where are the Y sectors anyhow, I know where the v sectors are but phanon has decided to settle in one of the y sectors and I would like to go and destr.... err go and say a friendly hello :twisted:

Xe-131
x4

Post by Xe-131 » Tue, 30. Jun 15, 15:28

I had an inkling that Phanon would colonise these sectors! Thanks for answering my question. Now, to answer yours:
Spoiler
Show
  • Y alpha - North of Unknown Sector Beta (East of Legend's Home)
    Y beta - North of Eighteen Billion
    Y gamma - South of Ianamus Zura
Also, if you want to find a Z sector...
Spoiler
Show
Z alpha - South of Great Trench
Hope that helps :)

So anyway, if I build stations in one of these strange sectors, could Phanon potentially invade full-scale?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”