Litcube's Universe

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

solarahawk
x4

Post by solarahawk » Thu, 2. Jul 15, 05:27

Xe-131 wrote:Do OCV capitals ever abandon ship? I've salvaged a Python and a Tiger from failed attempts to attack OCV sectors... and seen some #deca.fade class ships go neutral... and I've been told that you can't board OCV ships (WHY NOT?! That's the ultimate goal! :pirat: )

I have found a V that's at 44% hull, at the tail end of another failed attack on "weakened" OCV defences. I can get it down to 24% by jumping my Python in before the Python is destroyed. Theoretically, if I reload the game enough, is there a chance that the V will become neutral, ready for the plundering?
No, OCV never bail. It also never really made sense to me that you could cap and jump right into a Xenon ship. There shouldn't be a control room/cockpit in an AI ship. But evidently, the Xenon left some kind of control system in there for us organics. The OCV eliminated that oddity.

zibafu
x3tc

Post by zibafu » Thu, 2. Jul 15, 10:40

Fun-X wrote:@zibafu: I won't post a link to the software, because it is copyrighted.

but.... maybe when you downloaded it before, you left zipped a copy in your download directory? Just a thought...

Also, the link appears to be working for me. Remember that you have to be logged in on your account, and you have to have registered your game. By the way, your signature shows the checkmark showing that you are registered, so that should not be a problem.

But if you have a copy, it should work. You may want to open the properties of the link, and make sure it is pointing to the right place. And then check the actual exe and make sure it is in the right place. I did that before, and when I installed a fresh version, I forgot to copy the exe and re-point the link on my desktop.
no the main page was offline at the time I posted, maybe for maintenance or whatever, but it worked about 15 minutes afterwards. The issue was, I renamed the no steam exe to just X3AP so the litcube installer didnt recognize it because it was looking for X3AP_n, when I realized this and changed its name back it worked fine :lol:

Aidyer
x3tc

Post by Aidyer » Fri, 3. Jul 15, 16:21

Hello

I've noticed that the HQ produces ships much faster than in vanilla. Despite this being a good thing (let's be honest, waiting 2 days for a destroyer is a drag), I've run into a slight problem. As before in vanilla, I had used this as a guide on how to build a minimalistic HQ supply complex, that is just enough to constantly produce ships. However, this was based on the old ship building times, and I had somewhat foolishly decided to build the factory complex before the HQ.. and now my complex is insufficient.

What I'm asking for is any idea as to how off these figures are. A factor of 100, maybe? Or does anyone know the exact values of each ware I'd need to produce per hour in LU to be in the same position as I would be if I followed this guide in vanilla?

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Fri, 3. Jul 15, 18:09

Aidyer wrote:Hello

I've noticed that the HQ produces ships much faster than in vanilla. Despite this being a good thing (let's be honest, waiting 2 days for a destroyer is a drag), I've run into a slight problem. As before in vanilla, I had used this as a guide on how to build a minimalistic HQ supply complex, that is just enough to constantly produce ships. However, this was based on the old ship building times, and I had somewhat foolishly decided to build the factory complex before the HQ.. and now my complex is insufficient.

What I'm asking for is any idea as to how off these figures are. A factor of 100, maybe? Or does anyone know the exact values of each ware I'd need to produce per hour in LU to be in the same position as I would be if I followed this guide in vanilla?
Someone did the work a few pages back, and the ratios can be found here.

If you follow the bottom row you should be able to supply your HQ with wery little excess. And yes, that's a SCH 400 for Teladianium, which means four hundred Teladianium forges. No one said it was gonna be cheap :p
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Aidyer
x3tc

Post by Aidyer » Fri, 3. Jul 15, 18:42

Zaitsev wrote:Someone did the work a few pages back, and the ratios can be found here.

If you follow the bottom row you should be able to supply your HQ with wery little excess. And yes, that's a SCH 400 for Teladianium, which means four hundred Teladianium forges. No one said it was gonna be cheap :p
Ahh, excellent, thank you very much. I'm glad it's going to be expensive, gives me more goals, will make the game last longer! :)

EDIT: Sorry, I'm a little confused by these numbers. I'm using Xadrian to calculate how many stations I need by looking at how much surplus I produce. Which row tells me how much surplus I need per hour? (There's no sun or asteroid data either, which is also a spanner in the works)

Aidyer
x3tc

Post by Aidyer » Fri, 3. Jul 15, 19:09

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Fri, 3. Jul 15, 20:15

Joubarbe wrote:@BlackArchon : you must install the game in english.
What files exactly are missing on an non-english X3:AP?

Idleking
x3ap

Post by Idleking » Fri, 3. Jul 15, 20:57

BlackArchon wrote:
I'm not entirely sure if there are any files missing at all.
Open the file 'lang.dat' (in the addon folder) with a notepad of your choice and set the region code to '44'. Save. Load Game. Profit.
As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero.

[ external image ]
Litcube wrote:Don't succumb to the "I figured it'd be ok".

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Fri, 3. Jul 15, 21:19

Thanks for your fast reply! I just tried it and it didn't change anything - Betty still keeps being silent when I select a station. Also communicating with other persons on stations or ships is silent. :(

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Fri, 3. Jul 15, 22:12

Aidyer wrote:
Zaitsev wrote:Someone did the work a few pages back, and the ratios can be found here.

Ahh, excellent, thank you very much. I'm glad it's going to be expensive, gives me more goals, will make the game last longer! :)

EDIT: Sorry, I'm a little confused by these numbers. I'm using Xadrian to calculate how many stations I need by looking at how much surplus I produce. Which row tells me how much surplus I need per hour? (There's no sun or asteroid data either, which is also a spanner in the works)
The top row indicates what amount you need of each item to have your HQ run continuously, presumably producing one M2(?) per hour. Since the largest Saturn Complex Hub can only hold 400 end product factories the numbers get kinda ridiculous (not to mention the even more ridiculous price tag), so the bottom row takes this into account and adjust the ratios to fit the production rate of the limiting resource that can fit in a SCH 400 to make things work, which in this case is teladianium.

I did notice that some of your numbers don't add up, as for example a 400 Large Teladianium foundry complex in LU will only produce 48 000 units of teladianium per hour and not 240 000, so it might be that Xadrian's complex calculator can't read the changes LU makes to the game correctly.

The reason there are no sun or asteroid data is that the Saturn Complex Hub, which this is intended for, clusters everything together in one factory to give you the desired end result, and automatically adjust the amount of minerals, sun radiation and whatever number of support factories are needed to get there. The Saturn Complex Hub is basically a self sufficient complex stuffed into one factory, and whether it needs 10 solar power plants or 100 to get the job done it will calculate what's needed for the intended sector and give you a list of what is required to make it work.

Also, if you haven't already done it, try using the ingame Saturn Complex Hub calculator instead. It will give you accurate results (with some leeway), based on what's actually needed.

DiDs:
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Aidyer
x3tc

Post by Aidyer » Sat, 4. Jul 15, 02:48

I wondered what SCH stood for!

One last thing - I had used the Saturn Hub Calculator for a SCH 400 and chose "Teladianium Foundry L" as the end product, and the hub contained 80 Teladianium Ls. Does the number "400" in the spreadsheet mean one SCH 400 with 80 Teladianium Ls inside or enough complex hubs to provide 400 Teladianium Foundries (in this case, 5 Saturn hubs)?

Thanks for the help! :)

solarahawk
x4

Post by solarahawk » Sat, 4. Jul 15, 04:05

The SCH number 400 is the number of small factory units. An L factory is equivalent to 5 S factories. So 80 * 5 = 400

ColeTahn
xr

Post by ColeTahn » Sat, 4. Jul 15, 09:14

What is the easiest way to transport all the wares for the ship building to the HQ?
Couriers are insuficient as i found out..

Raaaak
x3tc

Post by Raaaak » Sat, 4. Jul 15, 09:28

ColeTahn wrote:What is the easiest way to transport all the wares for the ship building to the HQ?
Assuming you only have one SCH for each ware. Set it as a source in the Headquarter's Dockware Manager, and assign some freighters to the HQ.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sat, 4. Jul 15, 11:26

BlackArchon wrote:
To answer my own question: the missing file is "addon\mov\00144.dat".

May I suggest a check for this file in LU's installer? If it isn't found, either the installer could provide it (if there aren't any copyright issues) or it should at least point the user to this problem and that he should get this file.

ColeTahn
xr

Post by ColeTahn » Sat, 4. Jul 15, 12:32

Raaaak wrote:
ColeTahn wrote:What is the easiest way to transport all the wares for the ship building to the HQ?
Assuming you only have one SCH for each ware. Set it as a source in the Headquarter's Dockware Manager, and assign some freighters to the HQ.
same problem as with the courier, not enough cargo hold to transport this much wares. i have 10 stations and 2 bis transporters for EC with 23k cargo hold cant ship them, and by both caiman advanced can't transport the 9 other wares fast enough. I would need 10 transporters :(

Can't you connect shc's more directly to the HQ ?

gchojna1
x3tc

Post by gchojna1 » Sat, 4. Jul 15, 15:11

I have a problem with setting the delivery of rockets to my M6. I have a rocket on my MLCC but unassigned. Rockets not loaded onto vessels when they land at each station MLCC or otherwise. What can be wrong? I set load of 10 missiles in the general settings but still not working.
Greg

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Sat, 4. Jul 15, 16:25

ColeTahn wrote:
Raaaak wrote:
same problem as with the courier, not enough cargo hold to transport this much wares. i have 10 stations and 2 bis transporters for EC with 23k cargo hold cant ship them, and by both caiman advanced can't transport the 9 other wares fast enough. I would need 10 transporters :(

Can't you connect shc's more directly to the HQ ?
In that case both the SCH and the HQ can dock TLs, and the Elephant is just as fast as a Caiman Advanced. Two million units of cargo space should be enough :p It's actually a viable strategy, as you can use surplus control and just let your TL of choice soak up resources until you need them and then have it jump to your HQ. Or, simply wait until your stocks are rebuilt. You're probably not in that much of a hurry anyway ...

You can also use jump beacons and/or quantum jumpgate extensions to make sure your freighters don't have to travel unnecessarily long distances to deliver their wares. If the freighter has to travel from some gate to the arse end of the sector that's a lot of wasted time, so making the routes as short and efficient as possible becomes important pretty fast.

DiDs:
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

myrmidon
x3tc

Post by myrmidon » Sat, 4. Jul 15, 18:47

Hi there, loving this mod!

I found no way to "search with a thread" on this forum so sorry if this has already been reported.

TLDR summary: my freighters are adding personal log entries every time they go to pick up stuff. This is jamaica-me crazy mon. Is this a known bug or did I somehow turn some sort of debug/feature logging on?

1. I set up my Headquarters dockware manager with various goods that need to be freighted from several SCH complexes.

2. I order a TS to be a freighter.

3. Whenever that freighter begins to make a run, my personal log gets an entry of some numeric digits like "2134855337", then perhaps another entry like "723990230923 23217" later.

This gets really noisy/annoying as there can be 8-10 consecutive personal log messages if I have several freighters (say eight) all freighting at once.

I can work around this by using couriers to move stuff around instead of freighters, but would rather not waste the energy.

I've tried setting up freighters with only the minimum software installed, and "notify with order completed" set to "no", but no joy.

I also do NOT play with script editor or any of the debugging stuff.

This is vanilla Litcubes mod in a clean install as per the instructions.

thanks

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Sat, 4. Jul 15, 21:52

My bad. I'll patch it.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”