[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Joubarbe
xr

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 3.0

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 15. Aug 20, 17:36

@4square425: pinned as well. Didn't really understand what it was the first time I saw it :)

Edna
x4

Post by Edna » Sat, 15. Aug 20, 18:06

4square425 wrote:
Sat, 15. Aug 20, 17:19
Looks great, although in all of these factory charts it would be useful to see the ratios to get them mostly self sustaining, i.e. the resources consumed and produced or just the fact that you need two Food Preparation Facilities to support one fully efficient Ore Mine. However, that's why I made my spreadsheet to determine those amounts.
I thought about adding that but I was afraid that could change in future versions of Mayhem 3 and even then it's a bit wobbly, especially in the case of mines. Like, they have very limited cargo space and depending on how the ore/silicon value of the mine is, it changes the production/supply rather strongly. That and the fact that most asteroids are rather far away from the sector center, meaning the travel distance of transports is another considerable factor. (That being said, I figured that it really doesn't matter how fast a mine produces ore/silicon wafers as even low output mines usually produce stuff faster than Agents can handle it - simply because ore and silicon wafers take up much cargo space. If you're not placing XL Superfreighters as station agents on those mines, they will never work at full efficiency. (At least that's my experience in pretty much all of Mayhem 3 so far).)

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Sat, 15. Aug 20, 18:52

Ok, that was WAY too close for comfortImage
Damn Pirate corvettes
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Sat, 15. Aug 20, 20:44

I think it gets less and less important to perfectly balance all factories against each other. It helps to know some general ratios. Especially crystal consumption can be quite high in terms of required factories. But over the long run i always end up with some imbalanced stocks. A factory may have been idle for a while until i fixed some logistical problem. A ship may have died with a full cargoload. Some Looters may have collected many additional resources from destroyed factories during NPC battles. A Task Force might've destroyed a jump beacon and now Agents can't keep up and i need to replace logistics with a lower worker range setting before factories get supplied again.

In rather long intervals i just check what has piled up and then i build some more factories to refine what i have. Or the other way around and i build what i think will i need medium term. The game is running so slow that tuning a perfectly balanced industry down to the last station is not required. And the interface is so clunky that its also not realistic, imho.

You get a good feeling about which ship parts you are always short of. Why limit yourself to perfect factory ratios? You can expand your production based on current needs.
Maybe you want to support an NPC faction. It's worth it to check which of the 3 ship component most of their outposts are lacking. 1 is often missing or very low. This is the one which bottlenecks their ship production. Or they might need crystals for the equipment. They can replace their ships faster if you tell an outpost to sell the required parts to them. A low worker range can help to limit trade from an outpost to a specfic faction.

So your economy starts to get like a living organism.
Less like:
"i got 4 chem labs so i need exactly 3 Tel foundries"
More like:
"So the Split are low on Hull Parts. And i could also use some more lately. So lets get 2 more hull part factories. Do i have enough Tel? [Checking logistical overview for Teladianium] Yeah, the station building outpost has 30k. I don't need that much for station construction. And here are two outposts which also have 10k extra. A stock of 50k Tel keeps 2 hull factories running for a day or so. What's this? One Tel foundry is flashing yellow. I will build 3 more chem labs and let chems rise a bit. After 20 hours the 50k Tel will be gone and i will have some extra chems. By then i might have another sector for 2 or 3 more Tel foundries. We'll see."

This is the way it always ends up for me.

Edna wrote:
Sat, 15. Aug 20, 18:06
If you're not placing XL Superfreighters as station agents on those mines, they will never work at full efficiency. (At least that's my experience in pretty much all of Mayhem 3 so far).)
You can also place a jump beacon near the mine and one near the outpost. But an extra Agent for each mine also works well and is probably easier.

Edna
x4

Post by Edna » Sat, 15. Aug 20, 21:38

Hector0x wrote:
Sat, 15. Aug 20, 20:44
You can also place a jump beacon near the mine and one near the outpost.
I tried that a few versions ago and noticed that the agents didn't use the jump beacons consistently. I believe the issue was that they didn't use beacons for intra-sector-jumps, only for sector-to-sector jumps. It also seemed to affect patrol commands, causing ships to take jump beacons in the sector that were much farther away than the closest beacon to the enemy/target.

That being said, I'll give it another try with the next version and note down my observations on it. I just checked the changelog and saw another nice addition to it. Can't wait to see the Hive Queens. :)

Betelgeuse97
x4

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 3.1

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Sun, 16. Aug 20, 09:53

First for 3.1!

Interesting that the changelog mentions hive queens. Looks like kha'ak have returned from late-Mayhem 2 and race perks are back from early Mayhem 2. I'm liking 3.X a lot more with both the old and new coming together, but this means restarting my 3.0 release galaxy and getting a new one.

Edna
x4

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 3.1

Post by Edna » Sun, 16. Aug 20, 10:09

Well, it was nice knowing real life.

Edit 1: Wew, pirates seem a bit more aggressive now. I like it. Definitely going to try out the Piracy Contract perk when I have pirate bases in my territory.
Edit 2: I had Pirate Morrigu M6s spawn out of nothing right at my Outpost (sector center, x0, y0, z0). Is that intentional?

Joubarbe
xr

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 3.1a

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 16. Aug 20, 16:16

Yep, sorry about that: Mayhem 3.1a

(3.1a: All Outposts were considered Pirate Bases.)

Edna
x4

Post by Edna » Sun, 16. Aug 20, 17:20

Joubarbe wrote:
Sun, 16. Aug 20, 16:16
(3.1a: All Outposts were considered Pirate Bases.)
I mean, it's not entirely wrong... 🤣

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 16. Aug 20, 17:34

Actually not all of them, only those who have been built since the 3.1 update, or new galaxy.

sigurhel
xr

Post by sigurhel » Sun, 16. Aug 20, 17:44

Strangely my factories that use waste as a resource seem to go dry now, could it be that having Waste on blacklist is affecting agents?

Dr. Carson
x4

Post by Dr. Carson » Sun, 16. Aug 20, 18:08

sigurhel wrote:
Sun, 16. Aug 20, 17:44
Strangely my factories that use waste as a resource seem to go dry now, could it be that having Waste on blacklist is affecting agents?
Seems to be happening for me as well. Agents refuse to ship waste while it's on the blacklist. Removed it and they start shipping again.

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Sun, 16. Aug 20, 19:15

99 little bugs in the code
99 little bugs

Take 1 down, patch it around
127 little bugs in the code...
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

Edna
x4

Post by Edna » Sun, 16. Aug 20, 20:01

By the way, I noticed that galaxies with Extra Sector Stats have either 10, 11, 12, 16, 17 or 18 station slots. I take it that ESS gives a rare chance of +6 additional station slots. Is that intended? I'm not sure whether it was this way before the last change (back when it was more station slots instead of more population).

Joubarbe
xr

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 3.1b

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 16. Aug 20, 20:13

Mayhem 3.1b

Agents were still affected by blacklisted wares.

azxcvbnm321
x3fl

Post by azxcvbnm321 » Sun, 16. Aug 20, 20:51

This might be a stupid question, but if I'm playing Mayhem 3.0 right now, can I install Mayhem 3.1B on top and continue with my game?

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Sun, 16. Aug 20, 20:57

azxcvbnm321 wrote:
Sun, 16. Aug 20, 20:51
This might be a stupid question, but if I'm playing Mayhem 3.0 right now, can I install Mayhem 3.1B on top and continue with my game?
The second post (on the first page) lists the changelog, and above it, the save game compatibility options. For 3.1, it's YES

Edna
x4

Post by Edna » Sun, 16. Aug 20, 22:30

The three new perks are pretty good. Insurance Policy is a must-have on all shipyard stations, be it to avoid the loss of population or random resources losses or simply to ensure the maintenance x2 event doesn't occur. Super important in the latter stages of the game, when you have to maintain multiple M2s.

The Dry Dock is super nice for shipyards and tug stations. Pretty good for parking capitals AND storing fighter fleets. I think this perk is a game changer in terms of preparing for the OCV stage.

The Pirate Contract is super nice when you have pirate bases close to you, although I made the experience that the perk is only somewhat useful when you are in-system. While the pirates don't engage your ships directly, most of them have turrets which will draw attention. Still useful, though. Basically gives you a garrison fleet (against very mean traders!).

I'm also very happy about boarding being available early now. Super useful in galaxies with early/average/advanced progression, as you can quickly buy some crystals, take the Ryu with a MEMP and a TP with marines and try your luck with some frigates. Love it!

sigurhel
xr

Post by sigurhel » Mon, 17. Aug 20, 07:31

Minor bug
M 3.1b - Marine pilots are listed as (in space) when piloting craft.
The marine is still piloting, but listing in Barracks is wrong. Was a bit confusing until I checked the information on the vessel in question.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”