[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Thu, 26. Jan 17, 15:39

Sirrobert wrote:
VincentTH wrote:I have 2 questions:

I hav e researched Mobile Drilling System. I know I have to build a Light/Heavy Weapon complex, but neither is shown in my build list at my Sanctuary.

Likewise, I have researched Tornado missile, and I see a Dumb File Missile complex is available to build. Now, I want to build Shadow and Ghoul missiles. What should I do to make Swarm Missile Complex show up?

Is there a Wiki somewhere that I missed that would allow me to know these things?

[EDIT] Once the research of Shadow missile is completed, Swarm Missile factory is available to build. I wonder what MDS factory would be? Is it Drone facility?
Tornado is a dumb fire missile. So that's why you see that one.
Yeah I know that, but what is the factory for Mobile Drilling System (MDS)? (In case you have not realized it, I believe this is a bug: after researching MDS, the factory to build it is not enabled).

TerranNewbie

Post by TerranNewbie » Fri, 27. Jan 17, 01:49

Hi,

i Just bought x3 terran war back from GOG recently and when combing thru the forums i found a gem called litcube and mayhem! I seem to be running into a problem though as i managed to install litcube properly but when i install mayhem (following and rereading every single instruction) i dont see any mayhem game starts? just to test i selected the vanilla starts and i start off in random sectors. i thought i am suppose to start in unknown sector omega??? did i break my install?

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Fri, 27. Jan 17, 02:12

You start with the executable X3AP_n.exe, not X3AP.exe

TerranNewbie

Post by TerranNewbie » Fri, 27. Jan 17, 02:21

do i just make a copy of the exe and rename it?

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Fri, 27. Jan 17, 02:22

TerranNewbie, sounds like the GOG version still has the gamestarts.pck issue. Quoting from the previous version of the LU CleanInstall page:
Inside the copy of X3 Terran War Pack find a file named X3AP.exe and create a copy for it as X3AP_n.exe. Also, remove the file addon/t/gamestarts.pck if present.

"Inside the copy of X3..." above means inside the directory where you have the X3 copy with LU. I'm updating the wiki to mention that again.
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

TerranNewbie

Post by TerranNewbie » Fri, 27. Jan 17, 02:29

memeics wrote:TerranNewbie, sounds like the GOG version still has the gamestarts.pck issue. Quoting from the previous version of the LU CleanInstall page:
Inside the copy of X3 Terran War Pack find a file named X3AP.exe and create a copy for it as X3AP_n.exe. Also, remove the file addon/t/gamestarts.pck if present.

"Inside the copy of X3..." above means inside the directory where you have the X3 copy with LU. I'm updating the wiki to mention that again.
Removing the gamestarts.pck file did the trick! thank you very much for the help! :) Now to start my new time sink! hehe

Asby
x4

Post by Asby » Sun, 29. Jan 17, 13:12

Zdravstvuyte.

1. Unknow object in my red wing I recieved after one of wing's ship was destroyed. Now my wing cannot jumping because "unknown object" hasn't batteries. I see this "object" only in wing's console.

2. I have hundrets mining ships. Is there way to order "Mine" to all of them?

If anyone can help me here I would appreciate it.
[LU] Mayhem 2.07
[ external image ]

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sun, 29. Jan 17, 18:42

@Joubarbe

Great mod, I enjoyed this a lot, thanks!!!!!

I have 2 problems to report:

(1) Unable to deploy Mobile Drilling System factory after researching it.
(already reported earlier).

(2) After the ATF and Terrans are split, losing or gaining rep from one of the 2 factions also decrease/increase rep of the other. That, despite the fact that in my game, they are hostile to each other.

[EDIT] I researched Gamma Ray Cannon, and with that, the Medium Weapon complex was available., When I deploy the MWC, one of the option is the MDS.
So the bug is still that researching MDS does not unlock the MWC, but the workaround is to research the GRC.

[EDIT2] On a new start, I don't see the problem with the MDS any more. My bad.
Last edited by VincentTH on Sat, 11. Feb 17, 20:36, edited 1 time in total.

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Mon, 30. Jan 17, 23:53

So the OCV just spawned 2 sectors away from my home base, while I have 2 M7s and a handful of M6.
I'm very scared

Though I did manage to jump and scan an M6. So if I survive, I'll be unstoppable!
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

Reaperxvii
x3ap

Installation Questions

Post by Reaperxvii » Tue, 31. Jan 17, 03:22

So Im wanting to install mayhem, but Im unsure how to install the mod, when I download the main files all I get in the .rar file are 3 xml files.

Menu.Mayhem.Debug.SM.xml
Menu.Mayhem.Debug.xml
setup.MayhemDebug.xml

Those are the only three files I see :/
"We are the middle children of History. Born too late to explore the earth, born to early to explore the stars."

"Time is the fire in which we burn"

Reaper's Mod Index

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 31. Jan 17, 11:01

Try downloading the main file again. Filesize should be around 2.91 MB. I tried out both downloads in the opening post and they both work fine.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Reaperxvii
x3ap

Post by Reaperxvii » Wed, 1. Feb 17, 04:08

Same Issue, with both download links at that :/
"We are the middle children of History. Born too late to explore the earth, born to early to explore the stars."

Reaper's Mod Index

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Wed, 1. Feb 17, 04:30

@reaperxvii

Someone had issue with the rar file a few posts earlier. He wrote that upgrading 7z to a new version, fixed the problem.

Reaperxvii
x3ap

Post by Reaperxvii » Wed, 1. Feb 17, 05:07

I noticed that as well and tried his approach, still running into the issue of no dat files showing, I honestly dont know how to fix this haha

Reaper's Mod Index

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Wed, 1. Feb 17, 05:26

I installed a few weeks ago, andf it worked fine then. There have been no newer release since.

Reaperxvii
x3ap

Post by Reaperxvii » Wed, 1. Feb 17, 06:32

hm...Im stumped :/ Ive never had an issue where a file wouldnt appear for me, what program do you use to open your .rar files?

Reaper's Mod Index

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Wed, 1. Feb 17, 10:13

Reaperxvii wrote:hm...Im stumped :/ Ive never had an issue where a file wouldnt appear for me, what program do you use to open your .rar files?
7zip

Reaperxvii
x3ap

Post by Reaperxvii » Thu, 2. Feb 17, 07:34

I have no idea then, Im using 7zip as well, fully updated to the latest version.

Reaper's Mod Index

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Thu, 2. Feb 17, 15:41

Could be your Anti Virus? Have you tried the download with the AV disabled? (Dangerous, I know).

Reaperxvii
x3ap

Post by Reaperxvii » Fri, 3. Feb 17, 02:42

Im unsure, it was an issue with 7zip, downloaded winrar and it opened fine haha

Reaper's Mod Index

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”