'Of Future Heroism' - Redux - Part One

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

silentWitness
x3tc

'Of Future Heroism' - Redux - Part One

Post by silentWitness » Sun, 28. Mar 04, 04:05

'Of Future Heroism' - Pt.1 Of Split and Argon - Version: Redux

I quietly entered the school yard, it didn't particularly matter how I entered the hall, no matter what I do I still end up being the centre of attention... A few Genes have made me special, a few genes have made me a Split born to an Argon mother. My life up till then had been one of fear, fear of reprisals, but most of all fear of acting on appearances. My father was a Split diplomat, sent away the same day her mother found out she was pregnant... Since then the two sides have used me as leverage in diplomatic agreements... tugged between Split and Argon hands... But today was different, for today I was in a Paranid school.

The children wore long flowing robes signifying their ranks future rank in the hierarchical society, they did not play outside their social groups and even then their games were almost entirely religious in nature, the holy three dimensionality. A tingling chime resonated though the entrance way, the children lined up, the most senior closest to the door, not knowing any better I joined the back of the que. The ornate trellising of the masters quarters snaked open revealing little more than a glimpse of the outer sanctum of the ancient cells within. An old Paranid appeared, her ornate robes embodied with talismanic symbols which glinted in the light as she moved out into the yard, with a single clap of her hands and mats and scribe pads were brought and arranged intricately around the floor, another clap and one by one the students moved to their respective mats and received their scribe pads.

With all the other students seated I looked around in horror to see if I had not seen my mat, the teacher was looking more and more impatient with me, but she said nothing, I looked around the room once again, finally I noticed a scribe pad had been left just outside the gate, mother had said it wasn't going to be easy but I never expected this. The teacher spoke quickly in Paranid, her back turned to me, I was being ignored, it was then that it began. I felt the fire build within me, the split part of me was making itself felt, the same split impulses I had always been told to control, but the older I become the worse these feeling get.

I turned to see a few passers by giving me a wide birth, when I turned back I saw that the teacher had turned towards me, "tell me class what is the most unintelligent lifeform in the universe" the teacher smirked as she spoke in Argon, I could tell that it was directed at me and that made me tremble with fury, I quietly whispered to myself to be calm but it wasn't helping. One of the near the front spoke first, "the maja snail?" "No try again" this was the cue for one of the students behind him to speak "the space fly?" "Close but not quite" suddenly one of the front students realised what was going on and enthusiastically shouted "the Split!".

It wasn't really my decision to throw my scribe pad at the teacher, it wasn't me who dragged your son out onto the promenade and threw him into the fountain, I remember someone doing these things, but it wasn't me... Honestly. The Priest Duke sat solemnly on his throne looking at his bedraggled son lying in shock in an ornate cot. The Argon ambassador humbled himself before the Duke, who was not in the lest bit impressed, the ambassador even got down on his knees and begged for his forgiveness, with a simple hand gesture the Argon was dismissed, bowing low as he left, to my shock and surprise a Split strolled into casually into the room, up to the throne, stopping only to give the cot a little kick, depositing its half drowned occupant on the floor much to the disgust of the Duke, I couldn't hear what the split said but it only lasted a brief moment before he took my hand and slowly helped me out of the room without even waiting for a reply from the Duke.

As I stared up into his face wondering how he was able to do that without being executed! The tall split simply smirked at me, not quite a smile but not the solemn down turned expression in all the Argon databases... I looked around at the faces around me, they were filled with disgust, in Paranid society all forms of touching is thought of as unclean and so avoided. Suddenly I saw the gate, he was taking me back, I tried to pull away but his gentle hands reassured me. When I entered the yard much had changed, there was a definite smell of burning in the room, there was scorch marks across the walls, the other students sat in the same catatonic state as the Dukes son, the teacher sat as defiantly as usual but I could see boot marks on her robes... The split sat me down on a comfy pillow which lay on an ornate mat, similar to the teachers robes. It had been a strange day but as a Hybrid every day is strange!

This time I'm not getting discouraged!!! You're going to sit there and take it until I'm finished!!!

GOT THAT!!!

Apothos
x3tc

Post by Apothos » Sun, 28. Mar 04, 06:46

An interesting take on the Universe, i look forward to more. :)

fltcapt Hawkeye
x3tc

Post by fltcapt Hawkeye » Sun, 28. Mar 04, 11:42

hi sw real good loved it i to cant wait for more
The elite of the elite argon and boron force peacekeepers and overseers
We fight to we drop

pixel
x3tc

Post by pixel » Sun, 28. Mar 04, 14:34

not bad for a girl :wink:

Wish I had someone like that Split ambassador to deal with work..... :D
"I find your lack of belief in the Three Dimensionality disturbing." Mercenary

"So getting this chick back is more than just getting a chick back. It's the concrete manifestation of an abstract policy goal. And we like concrete - right, Vic?"

Red wine...the only way to frag

Return to “Creative Universe”