Functional (non-crash) bug list: Updated 21 Jan 2004 (v1.2)

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Unreal2me
x3tc

Post by Unreal2me » Sat, 10. Jan 04, 01:21

I don't know if that was mentionned already but i find that the docking music is too loud. Since am playing at night most of the time, when kids are sleeping, i need to reduce speaker volume when i dock.

Is this annoying other peoples than me ?

Slocket
x2

Post by Slocket » Sat, 10. Jan 04, 02:03

Music and Speech volume is way too loud compared to the Sounds FX volume.

When this game was first released, we said so much, (and no Engine Thruster Sound) but our 'complaints' fall on deaf ears -many are not even bothering to post anymore.

Mehrunes
x4

Post by Mehrunes » Sat, 10. Jan 04, 08:12

Slocket wrote:Music and Speech volume is way too loud compared to the Sounds FX volume.
There are seperate sliders for all three of those things.

Reven
x4

Post by Reven » Sat, 10. Jan 04, 08:25

Regarding shields on ships that you purchase, and the price being "off"... yes, all ships will come with at least a single 1MW shield, which will increase the price by at least 5k from the price listed in the station info ('u'). If you want to get the correct price "with options", then you can always remotely trade with the station ('d'). You can always remotely trade with any ship-seller regardless of whether you have a ship docked there or not, so obtaining a correct price is not difficult.

GnatB is also correct, you can always remove the stock shield after you purchase the ships when you configure them. I'm not sure why one would want to remove the stock shield from a capital ship, as you only have to turn around and put it on again later anyways. But it's possible to do.

@Unreal2me: The docking music very rarely plays for me, since I hardly ever manually dock, but you're right, it seems a little louder. If this is a real issue for you, I would be happy to send you a copy of this song filtered to be quieter. But, as a workaround, if you press "SHIFT + D" to dock, the autopilot will dock you, and there will be no docking music.

@mnut: Nvidia's control panel has a gamma adjustment, but yes, it would be nice to have a gamma control in the game.

@hrett: Thanks for the info - I'll check it out right away. My first instinct is that it might be a LOD issue, but I'll look at it and see.
You were warned... pirates will be hunted down like vermin.

Ex Turbo Modestum

hrett
x3

Post by hrett » Sun, 11. Jan 04, 11:15

Reven wrote: @hrett: Thanks for the info - I'll check it out right away. My first instinct is that it might be a LOD issue, but I'll look at it and see.
I have some screenies if you want. PM me your email and I will shoot 2 or 3 to you.
Blindly going where no man has gone before...
AMD64 3500+, ATI Radeon PCI Express 850XT 256, 2gig Corsair Ram. My hard drive is crap though. ;)

hrett
x3

Post by hrett » Mon, 12. Jan 04, 07:07

Another minor bug here from another thread...

EDIT: I have been told that the thing I posted is not a bug, but an intended feature. It doesnt hurt the game anyway, so I will Zap it.

There are more important things to fix anyway! :wink:
Blindly going where no man has gone before...
AMD64 3500+, ATI Radeon PCI Express 850XT 256, 2gig Corsair Ram. My hard drive is crap though. ;)

Sgt. Dubious
x2

Post by Sgt. Dubious » Tue, 13. Jan 04, 21:39

Just remembered one.

I sent a Pegasus to follow one of those UFOs, to map out the galaxy (60%.. passing through 2 Xenons, it was a pretty good run), but some of the systems it flew through did not have any gravidar data logged. The systems in question were the central ones, Home of Heart up through Cho's Something, then as far East as Family ..Nhg? All they had was the East gate (regardless of what direction the pegasus had to pass through). Some of these systems even had to be flown through more than once.

I can't think of a way to go back and duplicate it efficiently, since NPC exploration is dependant on the UFO.

Anyone else experience this?

Reven
x4

Post by Reven » Wed, 14. Jan 04, 06:21

hrett wrote:I have some screenies if you want. PM me your email and I will shoot 2 or 3 to you.
I'll need them, since I can't reproduce this issue.

@All: I think I've found a new one. Not sure if it's actually a bug though, but it is a little odd. On a ship with a left and right turret, the right turret will be inverted. When they are rotating the views for the left/right turrets, it looks like they are rotating around the Z axis instead of the Y axis. Can anyone answer if this is intended?

Ex Turbo Modestum

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Wed, 14. Jan 04, 09:02

Sgt. Dubious wrote:I sent a Pegasus to follow one of those UFOs, to map out the galaxy (60%.. passing through 2 Xenons, it was a pretty good run), but some of the systems it flew through did not have any gravidar data logged. The systems in question were the central ones, Home of Heart up through Cho's Something, then as far East as Family ..Nhg? All they had was the East gate (regardless of what direction the pegasus had to pass through). Some of these systems even had to be flown through more than once.
As far as I can tell, you will only get gravidar information about stations if you're actually flying the ship yourself (or possibly if you're watching it on out-of-sector view, but I've not tested that). I don't know if this is a bug or an intended feature to encourage exploration, though.

Sgt. Dubious
x2

Post by Sgt. Dubious » Wed, 14. Jan 04, 17:56

pjknibbs wrote:As far as I can tell, you will only get gravidar information about stations if you're actually flying the ship yourself (or possibly if you're watching it on out-of-sector view, but I've not tested that). I don't know if this is a bug or an intended feature to encourage exploration, though.
I think this is a bug because it did sucessfully record data from all the other systems it passed through, which accounted for roughly 2/3s of the systems it remotely explored question. If it wasn't supposed to, then its a bug the other way :)

Reven
x4

Post by Reven » Thu, 15. Jan 04, 17:43

Ok, new bug. This one to do with out-of-sector combat and events. The details of it are posted in this thread. The highlight is, though, that events in a remote sector occur differently if they are watched through a sector map than if they are not watched. This is either a bug, or Egosoft is trying to slip something past us. ;)

Thanks to brucebia for verifying this for me. Anyone else who wants to see for themselves may - I am leaving the posted save game up for anyone to check (link to it in the above thread).

Ex Turbo Modestum

Reven
x4

Post by Reven » Fri, 16. Jan 04, 18:13

Another new one. This one has to do with ship visibility on the scanners. X2 introduced the idea of restricted scanner range, but it allows you to see anything on the scanner of any ship that you own. Also, a ship may be obscured from your scanner by a nebula.

In this instance, say that I am in ship A, and ship B is a ship I own, and both are in the same sector. Further, there is a ship Z that I don't own, and a nebula in the sector. Let us say that the nebula is obscuring Z from A, but not from B. However, the ship will still dissappear off the scanners and sensor map, despite being in B's visible range.

The practical upshot, is that if a nebula obscures a ship from YOUR scanners, then that ship will dissappear off of the sector map even if it can be seen by other ships that you own. The nebula obscuring code does not consider whether another ship you own can see the ship being obscured. It only considers the ship you are flying.

Ex Turbo Modestum

Reven
x4

Post by Reven » Sat, 17. Jan 04, 23:04

I've updated the list to reflect the 1.2 patch. The main highlight is that bug #2 regarding the ecliptic projector not displaying properly in turrets, which was listed as fixed in the patch, was unfortunately not fixed. Turrets still display the ecliptic just as if the turret was facing forward.

Additionally, I've cleaned up the list a little, updating two bugs to green. One was intended behavior, and the other is probably a local codec issue and not due to a game bug.

Lastly, while most people are thanking Egosoft for the controller updated, I also want to thank them for addressing oversight #9 which has to do with stations flashing yelllow. I think they probably did this just to stop me from whining. :) In any case, it wasn't a bug, and I know that they have lots of more important things to address, so having them fit this in such an early patch is nice of them.

Ex Turbo Modestum

Slocket
x2

Post by Slocket » Sun, 18. Jan 04, 02:40

Is the start up screen for the game supposed to still say version 1.1?

The patch 1.2 installs a new X2.exe that seems identical to the original version 1.1 X2.exe it replaces.

Why is it not verson 1.2?

The old savegames do say 1.1 when load a savegame; but the new savegame under patch 1.2 only has a '*' asterik instead of 1.2.

Is that correct?

Mehrunes
x4

Post by Mehrunes » Sun, 18. Jan 04, 02:44

Slocket wrote:Is the start up screen for the game supposed to still say version 1.1?
Yes, it's supposed to say 1.2 but they forgot to change the version number.
The patch 1.2 installs a new X2.exe that seems identical to the original version 1.1 X2.exe it replaces.
That's funny, the new exe that I got was significantly smaller than the one it was replacing. This is on the U.S. version.
The old savegames do say 1.1 when load a savegame; but the new savegame under patch 1.2 only has a '*' asterik instead of 1.2.

Is that correct?
This is the same behavior as the previous version. Previous versions show the version number, the current version is shown as an asterisk. This is intended.

Reven
x4

Post by Reven » Sun, 18. Jan 04, 02:45

There was an oversight when the patch was first made available for download that caused it to display 1.1 as the current version when it was 1.2. They have subsequently tweaked that so it shows 1.2 correctly. If you re-download the patch and apply it, it should show 1.2.

JonHandby has also informed me that the readme was a little confuzzled as to which ecliptic projector issue was fixed. The one that was fixed was it turning off after a jump, not it displaying incorrectly in turrets.

Ex Turbo Modestum

BurnIt!
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by BurnIt! » Sun, 18. Jan 04, 03:18

Am I allowed to "player-verify" bug #16 (in-station audio announcements) as fixed as of version 1.2 ?

I played the release version and I heard them in a completely new game as well as in a 1.1 savegame with about 4 playing days.
BurnIt!
In der Ruhe liegt die Kraft. / In peace lies strength.

Mehrunes
x4

Post by Mehrunes » Sun, 18. Jan 04, 03:31

BurnIt! wrote:Am I allowed to "player-verify" bug #16 (in-station audio announcements) as fixed as of version 1.2 ?

I played the release version and I heard them in a completely new game as well as in a 1.1 savegame with about 4 playing days.
No, but I can. Now, if there were only a way to shut the bloody banshee up. :lol:

(just kidding :D )

Orlando Benjamin
x2

Post by Orlando Benjamin » Sun, 18. Jan 04, 04:41

Poor Performance in ATI RADEON 9700 PRO, Gigabyte K7 Triton series (VIA CHIPSET), and AMD Athlon 2000+

Reven
x4

Post by Reven » Sun, 18. Jan 04, 20:01

BurnIt! wrote:Am I allowed to "player-verify" bug #16 (in-station audio announcements) as fixed as of version 1.2 ?

You're only allowed to do this with an affadavit signed in triplicate and notarized.

Of course. You're a player too. :) Besides, I've heard them myself. They're all in the voice of Elena Kho. :)

Some other good news is that there's another bug fixed in the patch... the exploit reported in #31 is fixed. Sorry folks, but you'll have to learn to script to get your free money now. :)

And finally, my apologies to Egosoft for an error in my observations. Bug #6 on my list is partially intended behavior, and partially bad observations on my part. The issue of a turret's camera being decoupled from the turret's guns is a feature, as it allows guns of different shot speeds in the same turret to be fired at different arcs. My mistake was in reporting that a ship below the turret's horizon wouldn't be engaged even if its target lead indicator was above. This is not true. A turret on auto will keep a target "locked" even if it dips below the horizon, and will engage it if the target lead appears above the horizon. It will only release the target if a better target appears, or if it dips quite a ways below the horizon.

I received a note from Egosoft on it today, so I know they spent at least some time looking into it. I hope I didn't waste too much of the programmer's time with that report. Again, my apologies.

Ex Turbo Modestum

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”