I Feel the Need - The Need4Speed!

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Tue, 24. Aug 04, 21:15

"Nature's first green is gold" . . . stay golden.

ElBourico
x2

Post by ElBourico » Tue, 24. Aug 04, 21:40

Sounds very good... The only thing I would need is a couple of days uninterupted where I can try It. :D BTW, I think I just sold X2 to one of my coworker, another addict will join us soon Mouhahaha.

There's one last thing I'm still unhappy with. The ship speed, I think if you mess with them the AI won't follow. Is it true? I'm looking for an increase of no more than 15- 20% targetting exclusively the m3s.

jduato
x3tc

Post by jduato » Wed, 25. Aug 04, 13:34

Back again. I wish I could devote more time to this game but I myself I am too busy as well. And my "vacation" month is finishing :cry:

Anyway, if Burianek already tried increasing speed and did not succeed with AI ships in 1.4, I am not going to try myself. It is too time consuming. I tried Shara's mod and AI ships were far too slow in 1.4. Not to mention how easily I killed a K with a Mamba :) So, I restarted and I am playing 1.4 in X-treme mode with Burianek's Laser-only rebalance. It really makes a difference when, for instance, you attack a pirate base with 8 Orinocos and 8 Bayamons.

I also hate that slow Nova. I am considering replacing it with a SuperNova (higher speed, higher cargo, higher generator power, three or four mount points, PSGs). The goal? To be able to fight against a Khaak cluster like I did in V1.2 or V1.3.

strat
x3

Post by strat » Wed, 25. Aug 04, 18:24

Supernova, I'll do a search.

Strat...
Einstein rules relativity,
Well in theory at least.

Read on a public loo wall.

jduato
x3tc

Post by jduato » Thu, 26. Aug 04, 17:42

I also hate that slow Nova. I am considering replacing it with a SuperNova (higher speed, higher cargo, higher generator power, three or four mount points, PSGs). The goal? To be able to fight against a Khaak cluster like I did in V1.2 or V1.3.
OK. Finally I decided what to do. I rebalanced several Split ships following the design philosophy of the Split Scorpio. The first tests have worked really well. I am going to start a new subject (once I learn how to do so) and I will post the mod. The problem is that I do not like the idea of using any of the servers in our lab and I cannot leave my home computer on all the time to work as a server. Does Egosoft provide any support to store mods so that people could download them?

sMull
x4

Post by sMull » Mon, 27. Jan 14, 22:33

Yes, a 10 year old thread.

But i want this mod.

Anyone know where i can get it from? I tried searching but no luck.

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”