X3:TC CD Install

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

SkyeRangerDelta

X3:TC CD Install

Post by SkyeRangerDelta » Sat, 9. May 15, 20:26

Hi Guys,
I recently have been looking at the X3 Series on Steam and I have been really interested in it. Especially when I found out that my dad actually owns TC and Rebirth. He says that he can give me TC but the problem is that it is on a CD and my desktop doesn't have a CD/DVD drive. I normally resolve this by copying the CD files onto my laptop (with disc drive) onto my desktop and then run the install files. But I've heard that TC requires the disc to run.

Is there an updated (as in 2014-15) way of running the game without a disc? I really want to save money by having my dad give it to me rather than buying it off Steam. :?

Thanks for any help.
Highlander Propulsion Labs (HPL)
Lead Operator: SkyeRangerDelta

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sat, 9. May 15, 20:36

If your father hasn't already done so with his own Steam account, you can use the registration code for X3TC to register it with Steam and download it directly from there without needing the disk at all.

Alternatively you can install the game on your laptop, then update it to the latest version from the Downloads page before copying it over. Once patched it won't require the disk any more.

SkyeRangerDelta

Post by SkyeRangerDelta » Sat, 9. May 15, 21:10

Awesome, thanks. I will tell him.

Appreciate your help mate. :D

SkyeRangerDelta

Post by SkyeRangerDelta » Thu, 14. May 15, 22:10

CBJ wrote:If your father hasn't already done so with his own Steam account, you can use the registration code for X3TC to register it with Steam and download it directly from there without needing the disk at all.

Alternatively you can install the game on your laptop, then update it to the latest version from the Downloads page before copying it over. Once patched it won't require the disk any more.
Okay, so as of right now, I got the game from my dad and the registry key on the back of the manual says "Online registration key:" and then gives the key. This format on the back of the manual isn't the same as Steam's format as stated here: Click me.

Is it possible that there is an Egosoft form that I need to type the key into to give me a Steam key?

Can I grab the install and/or game files from my laptop and copy them onto my desktop and have it work?

I really appreciate your help.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 15. May 15, 00:02

Instructions on registering your game are in this sticky thread at the top of the main X Trilogy Universe forum, and include a link that explains how to register with Steam.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”