Litcube's Universe

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Crunk15
x3tc

Post by Crunk15 » Tue, 12. May 15, 21:13

Has anyone heard any updates about the anarkis defense system and pirate guild update for LU?

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Wed, 13. May 15, 01:16

Crunk15 wrote:Has anyone heard any updates about the anarkis defense system and pirate guild update for LU?
Solarhawk has started this thread, posting progress and asking for opinions and feedback.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

solarahawk
x4

Post by solarahawk » Wed, 13. May 15, 01:23

Uh, see my post about that here, if you haven't seen it yet: Status Update on PG and ADS

tl;dr The Pirate Guild is operational but needs ADS to really be competitive in the LU galaxy. I am in the process of making ADS NPC-only and a core system (non-optional) for the Guilds. I am hoping to have a public beta version ready in a week or two (depending on RL time commitments.)

Edit: hah, beaten to the punch by Zaitsev

Crunk15
x3tc

Post by Crunk15 » Wed, 13. May 15, 02:37

sorry i looked on multiple occasions but couldnt find any news, im stoked cant wait for the release.

Jonzac
x3tc

Post by Jonzac » Wed, 13. May 15, 07:22

I'm sorry if this is going to be a repeat question, however, does LU automatically include NPCs forcing other NPC's to bail? I've tried google search and I can't find a definitive answer.

If it doesn't, does the NPC bailout script work with LU...

solarahawk
x4

Post by solarahawk » Wed, 13. May 15, 08:12

Yes, NPCs do bail from other NPC attacks: Litcube Wiki

Check out the rest of the wiki, it contains all sorts of goodies.

Jonzac
x3tc

Post by Jonzac » Wed, 13. May 15, 19:00

Thanks. I looked but wasn't sure if it was talking about ships I shot at or the NPCs

Sticks
x4

Post by Sticks » Thu, 14. May 15, 23:56

Very fantastic mod :)

I have a question though, is it possible to disable the automatic naming for ships? Both UTs and Military Ships revert all the name changes i make to them.

edit: Second Question: Can i move Asteroids to other sectors with a jumpdrive? Or normal tractor beam for that matter?

eugene171
x3ap

Post by eugene171 » Fri, 15. May 15, 01:00

Not sure about the first question, but for the second one, you need the Plutarch tractor beam system thing. You can buy it a few places, and it goes on a TL. It costs crystals, quantum tubes, and energy cells to use.

TXSailor
x4

Post by TXSailor » Fri, 15. May 15, 03:47

TXSailor wrote:So, I've done a completely fresh install, no plugin manager or anything, and I'm running into this issue:

Performance is noticeably worse than with vanilla, and I think I know why. Everything seems WAY too shiney, and almost see-through. I took this screenshot docked at the trading station immediately after starting a new game

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc74 ... if84v5.jpg

Should everything look like this? It looks like it would be insanely graphically draining.

{Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked - Terre}
Quoted here, because I've scrubbed clean, started fresh, and got EVERYTHING else working, but everything is still this super-shiny kinda-see-through. All my graphics are set to high. Any ideas?

TXSailor
x4

Post by TXSailor » Fri, 15. May 15, 04:15

One additional question, and a simple one I couldn't find on the wiki: Are there new sectors added? Or just the originals from TC?

solarahawk
x4

Post by solarahawk » Fri, 15. May 15, 05:08

I really don't know what the deal is with your graphics. The screenshot does look wonky. If you are absolutely sure you installed the game correctly (copy clean/verified Vanilla directory to a new location, install the NoSteam.exe, run the LU 1.4.0 installer and install into the standalone game directory, install 1.50 patch, sound pack, and GUI) then I would think there is something weird going on with your video card software. But of course, if X3 vanilla works fine, I can't think of any reason LU would be any different.

Most of the map in LU is the same as the vanilla AP map, but there are a few differences (which I won't spoil.) If you would like a completely new universe map for LU, then you should give vukica's X3 Remap - New Map for LU a try. It gives you a brand new universe to play in.

solarahawk
x4

Post by solarahawk » Fri, 15. May 15, 09:19

Wait, did you install the LU-EMS addon? It uses a graphics driver DLL similar to the SweetFX/ENB postprocessors to display the dynamic mission reports onscreen. It could possibly be an issue arising from that. Maybe a conflict with your graphics driver that needs a config tweak. If you are using EMS, take a look through the Support thread here.

Franzos
x3ap

Post by Franzos » Fri, 15. May 15, 11:19

I have a question though, is it possible to disable the automatic naming for ships? Both UTs and Military Ships revert all the name changes i make to them.
IIRC In the Player Console (setup a hotkey to get to it) there is a command for global shipnaming. Maybe check this out

TXSailor
x4

Post by TXSailor » Fri, 15. May 15, 16:10

solarahawk wrote:I really don't know what the deal is with your graphics. The screenshot does look wonky. If you are absolutely sure you installed the game correctly (copy clean/verified Vanilla directory to a new location, install the NoSteam.exe, run the LU 1.4.0 installer and install into the standalone game directory, install 1.50 patch, sound pack, and GUI) then I would think there is something weird going on with your video card software. But of course, if X3 vanilla works fine, I can't think of any reason LU would be any different.

Most of the map in LU is the same as the vanilla AP map, but there are a few differences (which I won't spoil.) If you would like a completely new universe map for LU, then you should give vukica's X3 Remap - New Map for LU a try. It gives you a brand new universe to play in.
I've gone through the whole process about 3 times now, and I'm sure of it. And unfortunately, I'm not using EMS.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 15. May 15, 17:03

@ TXSailor: Are you using a hybrid system with an apu or a notebook/laptop with an onboard Intel HD graphics chipset as well as a mobility graphics card? I ask as I have seen 3d games looking a bit like your linked screenshot when using the VRAM-poor onboard gpu/apu instead of the separate VRAM-rich graphics card. Just a thought.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

El.
x4

Post by El. » Fri, 15. May 15, 20:10

Sticks wrote:Very fantastic mod :)

Dunno if there is any easy way to completly remove renaming, but you can customize renaming in your own way.
1) Install X-Studio (Editing scripts via notepad is pain in ass)
2) Install X-Studio Custom Syntax V1.3.2
3) Your target is Lib.Gen.ColourShipName.xml from addon\scripts folder. (MAKE A BACKUP FILE)

Let's look at Station Agent (I haven't original file and used another one from Small Improvements and Fixes, but the only difference is $PlayerCorpNamePrefix variable):

Code: Select all

1. $Pos = find position of pattern '*sa' in $OriginalShipName
2. if $Pos > -1
3.     $FoundPattern = [TRUE]
4.     $Ships = array alloc: size=0
5.     $AllShips = $Homebase-> get owned ships: class/type=[Ship]
6.     for each $AllShipCurrent in array $AllShips using counter $AllShipsCount
7.         $name = $AllShipCurrent-> get name
8.         $Pos = find position of pattern 'SA' in $name
9.         do if $Pos > -1
10.       append $AllShipCurrent to array $Ships
11.   end
12.   gosub GetNumberID:
13.   $OriginalShipName = sprintf: fmt='%s%s SA %s %s', $PlayerCorpNamePrefix, $HomebaseName, $NumberString, $ShipType, null
14.   $Colour = 3
15. end
Station Agent is named like "Company Homebase SA 000 Shiptype". If you want to keep only ship name and digit, you should edit 13-th row in the following way:

13.   $OriginalShipName = sprintf: fmt='%s %s', $ShipType, $NumberString, null, null
Now Station Agent is named like "Shiptype 000". REMEMBER always to place null if you delete any variable from mask. As far as I remember, vanilla script contains only 3 variables.

To customize color just edit 14-th row.
Color codes:

1 - Red
2 - Green
3 - Blue
4 - Cyan
5 - Magenta
6 - Yellow
7 - Plain
8 - White
Ship gallery
LU 1.7.0: Offline Ship Compendium, Larger Font, Player Guide RUS – Google Drive, Mediafire

Jonzac
x3tc

Post by Jonzac » Fri, 15. May 15, 21:24

Ok I have not added any other mods to litcube but I cannot find the required Station agent software or Trade Run software the encyclopedia says I need. The in-game encyclopedia does not list it either. How do I get my station agent to work?

Thanks

El.
x4

Post by El. » Fri, 15. May 15, 21:44

2 Jonzac
Check Terracorp HQ.
Ship gallery
LU 1.7.0: Offline Ship Compendium, Larger Font, Player Guide RUS – Google Drive, Mediafire

Jonzac
x3tc

Post by Jonzac » Fri, 15. May 15, 22:31

I did. I must have the bonus pack installed automatically. I'll export the try a fresh install from Steam

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”