Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Shinra Vanity

I have created an empire!

Post by Shinra Vanity » Mon, 27. Jul 15, 23:34

I own 23 stations....

Took me months to build my empire.

But now I am kind of sad :(

I am failing to find anything to do with all my money,ships and power

Any plans for some good end game stuff in the future for this game?

Arkangel1981

Post by Arkangel1981 » Tue, 28. Jul 15, 16:34

misses the Sohnen those were the ultimate challenge , lack some mega challenges , some super- xenon maybe i

XenonSurf
x2

Post by XenonSurf » Tue, 28. Jul 15, 16:42

XR is not made like a good arcade game in the sort of Bubble Bobble or similar... There is no boss to defeat at the end of the level...

You could go on to make a pirate career and see if you can maintain your power, but XR will not pose any major threat I think. There is nothing in it like Master Of Orion where your endeavors may just fail at the end.

When you are finished, you could re-start (or even go on) by using Rubini's conquer mod. I also think there is such a mod in the works, Rubini together with Blackrain, so take a look in the mod section. Also there is World War X.

But the essence is: you have AFAIK reached the end of the game, there is no final purpose to catch anymore.

XenonS

jkflipflop98
x4

Post by jkflipflop98 » Tue, 28. Jul 15, 17:12

I'm almost where you are. My plan is to wage war on the PMC.

yoyolll

Post by yoyolll » Tue, 28. Jul 15, 21:31

Have fun with self-repairing stations and ships that spawn out of nowhere.
Intel Pentium II 233 Mhz
128 MB ram
i740 8 mb @ 220 Mhz
20gb HDD

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 28. Jul 15, 21:55

yoyolll wrote:Have fun with self-repairing stations and ships that spawn out of nowhere.
Or try out CWIR where stations can be destroyed and spawns suppressed when you accomplish certain objectives!

BigBANGtheory
x4

Re: I have created an empire!

Post by BigBANGtheory » Tue, 28. Jul 15, 23:15

Shinra Vanity wrote:I own 23 stations....

Took me months to build my empire.

But now I am kind of sad :(

I am failing to find anything to do with all my money,ships and power

Any plans for some good end game stuff in the future for this game?
Welcome to the gameplay cliff edge, there is not much you can do tbh because it hasn't been implemented. I'd look to mods if I were you as Black Rain suggests and also lend your voice to support a late game phase for the player.

Shinra Vanity

Post by Shinra Vanity » Wed, 29. Jul 15, 00:30

I will keep on building and expanding my empire for a while.

Then I shall kick the crap out of PMC :)

Might have a go at building in Maelstrom

Virtualaughing
x4

Post by Virtualaughing » Sun, 2. Aug 15, 06:35

The Good old Pirate bases in Reunion.
Super mega self sufficent factory complexes.
Every system have at least one Carrier. No Pirate bases can respawn except the so called Anarchy port.
200+ Hyperion awaits some wanderer pirates. Build by myself.
Xenon patrols can not leave their home sectors and "live" to talk about it.
Where M2 class domesticated Capitals around i have my own Boron Rays to watch over.

Through command menu i can ruin pretty much every (5) race without a single shot commited by me.

Can we achieve this in Rebirth?
X to X3 is MENU SUPERIOR!
I think Egosoft has already worked out our doom, because Xenon AI will reach the stars! :D

Assailer
x4

Post by Assailer » Sun, 2. Aug 15, 12:39

Your best bet is to restart (as suggested before) and try to beat your previous score on hard mode :)

X:RB is like a nice feast, but they never show up with the dessert :)

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sun, 2. Aug 15, 12:44

BlackRain wrote:
yoyolll wrote:Have fun with self-repairing stations and ships that spawn out of nowhere.
Or try out CWIR where stations can be destroyed and spawns suppressed when you accomplish certain objectives!
This. Lots more challenges too.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Sun, 2. Aug 15, 15:16

Virtualaughing wrote: Super mega self sufficent factory complexes.

Can we achieve this in Rebirth?
Not if I can help it. If you need credits printed use cheat script.

MFG

Ketraar

pref
x4

Post by pref » Sun, 2. Aug 15, 20:55

Ketraar wrote: Not if I can help it. If you need credits printed use cheat script.
There is a slight difference between a cheat script and building a self sustaining loop.

On the other hand XR stations are money printers in case station AI doesn't get bugged. While an X3 loop might have other uses as well.

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Sun, 2. Aug 15, 22:05

pref wrote:While an X3 loop might have other uses as well.
XR's loops don't? Besides money making, I can always create a loop that produces for myself - RPM or reactors for production. Drones for ship refitting, or an outpost with full weapon system in a dangerous zone. A personal refuelling station at a location that I frequently visit. Why not? Money isn't all.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Sun, 2. Aug 15, 23:28

pref wrote:There is a slight difference between a cheat script and building a self sustaining loop.
You said "self-sustained COMPLEXES" not loops. You can have self-sustained loops in XR now.

MFG

Ketraar

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Mon, 3. Aug 15, 01:25

Why would anyone even need a money printing complex in XR anyway?

Money is far less important in XR than any of the previous games. What you need in XR is large quantities of resources with which to build stations, since they're no longer built out of money. Ships too, particularly if you're a fan of Styrvoks, Leptons, etc (as I am) due to the distinct lack of infrastructure supporting the shipyard in DV.

I don't really build stations specifically to make money in XR, indeed many of my factories have a strict policy of never selling their products (i.e. restricted NPC sales & max prices to discourage my mangers from selling anything). Prefer them to stockpile their wares for my personal use instead.

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Mon, 3. Aug 15, 17:20

The issue the OP tries to "print" here is, once you've built practically all, the game goes old quickly.

Certainly you can try piracy and try "odd" ways to play the game, but since player can't conquer/destroy stations or really influence much to make the game look different., those things end up with the game going around and around always the same.

Imagine though, if you could destroy complete zones inside a sector, and the push for power between you and the AI, while they try to take what you conquered, that alone would bring many more hours of excitement, and in this fashion, new possibilities arise to play the game.

..Or if the AI knew about your hostiles actions and tried to choke you economically or waged war agasint you in different fronts, etc, etc..

Mentioning this, imagine you need to place certain structures in space and "feed" them so the space become yours (similar to EVE online), if AI in Rebirth could do this stuff and there was a fight for power from the different factions, oh my, I'm loving the idea, and having Devries most inhabitet areas as a place where most factions, including Xenon would push for conquering... * drools :lol:

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 3. Aug 15, 18:14

ezra-r wrote:The issue the OP tries to "print" here is, once you've built practically all, the game goes old quickly.

Certainly you can try piracy and try "odd" ways to play the game, but since player can't conquer/destroy stations or really influence much to make the game look different., those things end up with the game going around and around always the same.

Imagine though, if you could destroy complete zones inside a sector, and the push for power between you and the AI, while they try to take what you conquered, that alone would bring many more hours of excitement, and in this fashion, new possibilities arise to play the game.

..Or if the AI knew about your hostiles actions and tried to choke you economically or waged war agasint you in different fronts, etc, etc..

Mentioning this, imagine you need to place certain structures in space and "feed" them so the space become yours (similar to EVE online), if AI in Rebirth could do this stuff and there was a fight for power from the different factions, oh my, I'm loving the idea, and having Devries most inhabitet areas as a place where most factions, including Xenon would push for conquering... * drools :lol:
Err, we are doing this currently heh

jkflipflop98
x4

Post by jkflipflop98 » Mon, 3. Aug 15, 19:41

BlackRain wrote:
ezra-r wrote:The issue the OP tries to "print" here is, once you've built practically all, the game goes old quickly.

Err, we are doing this currently heh
Who is "we" and what are you doing?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 3. Aug 15, 20:03

Don't you guys ever check the scripts and modding part of Rebirth? Rubini and I are working on a mod that adds all kinds of new conquest related features (Station destruction, complete faction elimination, conquering zones, allying with factions, etc.) Basically everything Ezra said up there.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”