Litcube's Universe

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Mycu
x4

Post by Mycu » Tue, 28. Jul 15, 23:39

BlackArchon wrote:These two scripts aren't terribly complex and could surely integrated and tested with LU on an afternoon (I have also already thought of it). But while you're at it, you should also fix a bug in this script: it doesn't check how many of a ship class can dock on a target, only if a class can dock. If a ship has some free docking capacity for M3s and one bay for M6 or TS vessels and a M6 is already docked, the script will dock another M6. Things get interesting when you want to undock these two M6s, because you have to do it in the right order or it will fail.
Yes, and even if I'd succeed to have docking computer for my ships working (not in just one afternoon for sure ;)) - the second part of this task - with checking quantity of docked class - is out of my skills for now :)

I'm wondering why nobody merged Gazz Docking Fix script with LU before as it seems (at least for me) essential.
X3 AP 3.1 + XRM
X3 AP 3.1 + LU

Catroz
x3ap

Post by Catroz » Tue, 28. Jul 15, 23:59

I have an issue with MLCC.

I can't for the life of me get my M7M to fire its missiles. It's well stocked, and I have set up the ROF in the configuration. I've tried having the standard command of missile fire probability to both 0% and 100%, but it does nothing on either settings.

The M7M is ordered to "attack ships" when using the go-command.

I've clearly done something wrong, buit I can't figure out what.

Any suggestions?

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Wed, 29. Jul 15, 00:53

Mycu wrote:I'm wondering why nobody merged Gazz Docking Fix script with LU before as it seems (at least for me) essential.
In my case I didn't feel it's essential outside of the carrier fixes and those aren't needed with LU where M7 and up carriers can already Transport dock their fighters.
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

Catroz
x3ap

Post by Catroz » Wed, 29. Jul 15, 01:13

Catroz wrote:I have an issue with MLCC.

I can't for the life of me get my M7M to fire its missiles. It's well stocked, and I have set up the ROF in the configuration. I've tried having the standard command of missile fire probability to both 0% and 100%, but it does nothing on either settings.

The M7M is ordered to "attack ships" when using the go-command.

I've clearly done something wrong, buit I can't figure out what.

Any suggestions?
I think I figured out my own issue. I had the M7M set to "assault". But I recon it should be "bomber" since I want it to be a missile ship. Gonna try that now.

robertlewis44
x4

Post by robertlewis44 » Wed, 29. Jul 15, 12:22

Morgon wrote:I've been doing a little math for the profitssss of the various SCHs, and it seems like so far, the Mass Driver type makes more per hour (10 mil at size 50) than any other, and the initial investment is much cheaper.

Is there anything that makes more or a much as that? Anybody done the math on it?
I've been looking into the math too, and from what I can see the size 55 is the sweet spot for the 50ish SCH. According to my math, at average prices with 150% suns it pays for itself in 21.5 hours, while the 50 SCH takes 23.25 hours to do so. The 49 SCH is right out as it actually costs more than the 50 or 55, and is very inefficient. If you can save up the extra 28 million or so to go from 50 to 55 it is worth it in the long run.

Its interesting to go through all the different sizes and try to find the best one to invest in, but I think the Mass Driver SCH 55 is going to be hard to beat for overall return on credits percentage wise. Of course I'm not counting fuel costs or commissions or any other expenses or other station agent stuff. That might change the numbers a little but those costs are usually pretty consistent between facilities in my experience so it shouldn't matter. I've built a couple of them in my game I haven't looked into the really big ones yet, so there might be better ones up the ladder.

Idleking
x3ap

Any progress?

Post by Idleking » Wed, 29. Jul 15, 13:25

Just out of curiosity:
Litcube.. are you still working on LUV in terms of new content like, let's say, unfocussed jumps?
I remember you said you had something in mind for this and maybe some other things aswell?
As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero.

[ external image ]
Litcube wrote:Don't succumb to the "I figured it'd be ok".

Morgon
x4

Post by Morgon » Wed, 29. Jul 15, 13:59

robertlewis44 wrote:I've been looking into the math too, and from what I can see the size 55 is the sweet spot for the 50ish SCH.
Gotcha. I've also seen Size 120 MDs been thrown about, and that seems to be one of the good sizes too. I'll need to run the math on that myself, of course.
You always know what to put into a signature when you /don't/ have one.

enenra
x4

Post by enenra » Wed, 29. Jul 15, 17:51

I remember something about LU disabling MD. But looking at the script files, I can't spot the scripts that replace all the usual missions available?

Additionally, looking at the list of new script commands, I haven't seen anything relating to missions so unless that list is not up to date, how exactly is feature parity with vanilla achieved?

Am I missing something or is MD still used in base LU?

EDIT: Nevermind, I was getting base LU and EMS confused. Are there plans to merge the two in the future, btw.?

JSDD
x3tc

Post by JSDD » Wed, 29. Jul 15, 18:04

@ new script commands: *link*
@ md: it is definitely available in LU, but atm i dont know how litcube disabled some vanilla md files
(it's "normally" done by removing unnecessary files from cat.file\director\mdfiles.xml)
To err is human. To really foul things up you need a computer.
Irren ist menschlich. Aber wenn man richtig Fehler machen will, braucht man einen Computer.

Mission Director Beispiele

kolimbo
x4

Post by kolimbo » Wed, 29. Jul 15, 18:35

It took the OCV nearly 100 hours (10 hours of SETA) to go from menalaus's paradise to getsu fune. I had something like 12-13 'weakness in menalaus's paradise' messages before they made the attempt to take getsu fune.

I'm running the base mod + the LU small fixes mod + marine repairs.

enenra
x4

Post by enenra » Wed, 29. Jul 15, 18:36

JSDD wrote:@ new script commands: *link*
@ md: it is definitely available in LU, but atm i dont know how litcube disabled some vanilla md files
(it's "normally" done by removing unnecessary files from cat.file\director\mdfiles.xml)
Yeah, those are the script commands I looked at but I see no reference to, say, setting guidance, creating briefings, setting objectives etc.

After looking at the director folder, from what I can tell the files were disabled by emptying them completely. (Which seems a bit overkill :P)

JSDD
x3tc

Post by JSDD » Wed, 29. Jul 15, 18:48

... about setting objectives / guidances / etc: no clue (i never used ems), but maybe you can find the answer anywhere in here :?
To err is human. To really foul things up you need a computer.
Irren ist menschlich. Aber wenn man richtig Fehler machen will, braucht man einen Computer.

Mission Director Beispiele

zanosg
x3ap

Post by zanosg » Wed, 29. Jul 15, 20:12

Hi. in a vanilla i was able to assign a hotkey to have turrets stop/halt fire. Has this been nuked in LU? It really helps when you are boarding and dont want to damage the ship more. Thanks

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Thu, 30. Jul 15, 02:11

kolimbo wrote:It took the OCV nearly 100 hours (10 hours of SETA) to go from menalaus's paradise to getsu fune. I had something like 12-13 'weakness in menalaus's paradise' messages before they made the attempt to take getsu fune.

The OCV expansion rate slows exponentially, as the station in Unknown Sector Omega is the only one producing the resources they need, so that sound about right. In my opinion they are moving a bit slow, but that's just me.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

zanosg
x3ap

Post by zanosg » Thu, 30. Jul 15, 04:55

Zaitsev wrote:
kolimbo wrote:It took the OCV nearly 100 hours (10 hours of SETA) to go from menalaus's paradise to getsu fune. I had something like 12-13 'weakness in menalaus's paradise' messages before they made the attempt to take getsu fune.

The OCV expansion rate slows exponentially, as the station in Unknown Sector Omega is the only one producing the resources they need, so that sound about right. In my opinion they are moving a bit slow, but that's just me.
Im reading that there are a couple ships that move resources from Sector Omega. They fly back and forth all the time. My question, if anyone would know, if I track them down and bring their hull down to slow them down without destroying them would they get replaced?

robertlewis44
x4

Post by robertlewis44 » Thu, 30. Jul 15, 08:44

zanosg wrote:Im reading that there are a couple ships that move resources from Sector Omega. They fly back and forth all the time. My question, if anyone would know, if I track them down and bring their hull down to slow them down without destroying them would they get replaced?
So I don't know for sure but I can tell you my experience with this.
I got the idea to do this with lasertowers after they took their second area. I wanted to slow their expansion so I'd have plenty of time to build up myself.

So when the commonwelth guys told me they were going to try to retake the sector, I still had a sat up from before OCV took it. So when the split (or whichever race it was) launched their assault, I jumped in on the gate (with my only ship, a M6) that led to their other system and started dropping my lasertowers right in front of the gate 2 at a time while spinning my ship clockwise and traveling at about half speed forward. Also dropped some squash mines for good measure. Then jumped out.

It took the towers 7 mins or whatever it is to come online, but then they absolutely destroyed the little collector deca ships that I think are the ones that ferry resources. This went on for an hour and a half or so without OCV doing anything about it besides making more deca ships and sending them to suicide against my towers. At one time there were at least a half dozen or so that had apparently bailed I could have collected and I don't know how many dead. The towers were literally killing one every 10 seconds, as a new one or two would pop out of the station in the center of the sector and fly right into the towers. Eventually though a M7 came through from the other side of the gate and wiped out the towers. However, 3 of the decas were being shot at that time and were almost dead, and moving at like 200/ms. I don't know for certain but I think this slowed down their expansion plans considerably. I did it again and had the same results another time. I stopped doing it though because I feel like its cheating. Also, I'm on day 5 now and they just recently took tiger theta. The deca transporters are repaired now but I don't know if they got destroyed somehow during other commonwelth attacks or if they fixed them on their own.

One thing for sure is that they can be slowed down considerably with 4 million worth of lasertowers on a gate anytime you want. You pretty much just jump in drop em and go. As far as I can see the ships in the sector just leave them there. I don't want to do it too much though because I want them to be a threat and in my game they are still on their second iteration and only have like 3 systems, and I think my attacks on the deca ships might be why

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 30. Jul 15, 09:46

If you destroy them, you don't just slow down their progression, you stop their progression ; without resources moved from their main HQ (in their first sector), they don't progress.

OCV will build more of them if you destroy them, of course.

Masterik

Post by Masterik » Thu, 30. Jul 15, 17:05

One thing for sure is that they can be slowed down considerably with 4 million worth of lasertowers on a gate anytime you want.
Where you deploy them? in the sector gate you want to defend or in the sector they already take? Im afraid of deploying that large amount of lasertower because of friendly fire.

zanosg
x3ap

Post by zanosg » Thu, 30. Jul 15, 17:32

robertlewis44 wrote:
zanosg wrote:Im reading that there are a couple ships that move resources from Sector Omega. They fly back and forth all the time. My question, if anyone would know, if I track them down and bring their hull down to slow them down without destroying them would they get replaced?
So I don't know for sure but I can tell you my experience with this.
I got the idea to do this with lasertowers after they took their second area. I wanted to slow their expansion so I'd have plenty of time to build up myself.

So when the commonwelth guys told me they were going to try to retake the sector, I still had a sat up from before OCV took it. So when the split (or whichever race it was) launched their assault, I jumped in on the gate (with my only ship, a M6) that led to their other system and started dropping my lasertowers right in front of the gate 2 at a time while spinning my ship clockwise and traveling at about half speed forward. Also dropped some squash mines for good measure. Then jumped out.

It took the towers 7 mins or whatever it is to come online, but then they absolutely destroyed the little collector deca ships that I think are the ones that ferry resources. This went on for an hour and a half or so without OCV doing anything about it besides making more deca ships and sending them to suicide against my towers. At one time there were at least a half dozen or so that had apparently bailed I could have collected and I don't know how many dead. The towers were literally killing one every 10 seconds, as a new one or two would pop out of the station in the center of the sector and fly right into the towers. Eventually though a M7 came through from the other side of the gate and wiped out the towers. However, 3 of the decas were being shot at that time and were almost dead, and moving at like 200/ms. I don't know for certain but I think this slowed down their expansion plans considerably. I did it again and had the same results another time. I stopped doing it though because I feel like its cheating. Also, I'm on day 5 now and they just recently took tiger theta. The deca transporters are repaired now but I don't know if they got destroyed somehow during other commonwelth attacks or if they fixed them on their own.

One thing for sure is that they can be slowed down considerably with 4 million worth of lasertowers on a gate anytime you want. You pretty much just jump in drop em and go. As far as I can see the ships in the sector just leave them there. I don't want to do it too much though because I want them to be a threat and in my game they are still on their second iteration and only have like 3 systems, and I think my attacks on the deca ships might be why
I see few decas going in and out of main sector. So my plan will be to jump in with just a fighter and bring their hull down to 5% or so. Thanks.

ColeTahn
xr

Post by ColeTahn » Thu, 30. Jul 15, 19:22

I am in ingame day 10 and the still have 3 sector left to take before that 10 sector bridge is theirs. In my opinion they should move faster and more agressive :)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”