Head which way for Lockboxes

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ormac
x4

Head which way for Lockboxes

Post by Ormac » Fri, 29. Jan 16, 06:26

Currently performing a Valuable goods (generic Mission) to search for lockboxes. I've already opened 4 or 5 in the vicinity but I don't think they're all linked to the mission.

When I ping the LR scanner When I check the zone map I see to or three large blots that slowly fade ( to mark the general location) I move towards the location ping again and the blots seem to have moved to the other end of the zone.

I'm not sure if one of the axis has been inverted so I'm starting to feel a bit confused as I almost have to good the opposite direction

Also should lockboxes still return a ping from the LR once you've successfully looted them?

-- Ormac

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Fri, 29. Jan 16, 13:40

It sounds as if you've had axis inversion, certainly. Fly towards the pings, always.

Once destroyed the lockbox should no longer show up, but it may do if it's been emptied but not destroyed (I think this behaviour has been improved in v4)
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Ormac
x4

Post by Ormac » Mon, 8. Feb 16, 23:30

Left the Zone/Sector for a while and then returned.

Eventually led me to the right box (relatively quickly by comparison). I guess all those extra blue boxes were bonus loot that have been appraised at millions.

-- Ormac

reanor
x4

Post by reanor » Thu, 18. Feb 16, 17:52

Having problem with these missions, I don't really care about money any more, but trying to raise the Argon faction standing. I do like these missions, but every time I go to get a lockbox, I find lock boxes inside that 50km area, but none of those boxes finish the missions for me, it's kinda frustrating...

I open 6-7 boxes while my mission status says to scan the area to find a lockbox, But all of these boxes are not the one I need... It's kinda weird and a bit odd. It just doesn't make sense to me at all and shows that some missions are simply spawn trash.

He says " I hid a box at this location, give me 1 million and I'll give you coordinate". Why is he giving me 50km radius blob coordinates? Can't NPCs give more specific coordinates? Or the script for this mission simply doesn't allow to provide more specific coordinates, and spawn radius for a "mastery box" is so random, that it can be anywhere in that huge block of 50km radius.

If I want to explore and hunt boxes, I'll take my time and do it. But when I get a mission and pay money for specific coordinates, I shouldn't be playing a "find a needle in a hay stack game"... Feel free to move my post into suggestions board. This mission has to be fine tuned!
“The dark and the light, they exist side by side." ... “It is often in the darkest skies that we see the brightest stars."

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”