ap loose ends xperimental shuttle possible bug possiple buggered up plot

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

nick01uk
x4

ap loose ends xperimental shuttle possible bug possiple buggered up plot

Post by nick01uk » Sat, 30. Apr 16, 00:46

Im playing a new game from the terran start after a long absence I've used the nividium stock market exploit but im trying to stay unmodified. Anyhoo I've just delivered 100 squash mines and the base has taken them but the shuttle isn't mine its just sitting there outside the station not moving with 93% hull( I've not touched it) and I don't know how to fix it, btw tried the paying 15 mil option but after the yaki got it they jus sat there not moving as well so I reloaded and tried the more honest way, so my question in short is what the hell us going on and for the love of god don't make me reoload god knows how many hours, thanks to anyone still here that can help, much love

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 30. Apr 16, 13:08

Moving to Universe (gameplay) forum where more players will see this than in Tech Sp.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

nick01uk
x4

Post by nick01uk » Sat, 30. Apr 16, 13:10

Thanks, im not very good at forums I always brake some etiquette rule or something whenever I try

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Sat, 30. Apr 16, 13:38

I recently (just a couple of days ago, in fact) had something similar happen (for the first time ever - so this is probably quite rare, as I've played Terran starts probably close to two dozen times), as follows: I paid the pirates (well, Yaki, technically) the 15kk to capture the XShuttle for me, and on their way back they ran into a Boron military patrol, which shot them up and a couple of hard hits from CIGs knocked the XShuttle around some, and then it never finished docking - I waited a while, left the sector, waited a while more, nothing, and eventually I had to go back and reload, and make sure that Boron patrol was nowhere around. Now, since you are paying for it with the contraband wares instead of cash, this can't be exactly what happened to you, but I suspect it may be something similar - docking interrupted in some way... If so, I'm afraid I don't have any good news ie. you will likely have to reload before that point - sorry :/
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

nick01uk
x4

Post by nick01uk » Sun, 1. May 16, 16:35

reloaded tried again yaki capped it then it just sits there, is it poss to cap it myself if it gets the job done I don't mind a 100 reloads just mind having to start setting up my complexes again

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Sun, 1. May 16, 18:35

What I've read online suggests you're not allowed to cap it yourself.
On another note, I added the sums up, simply buying all the things the Teladi asked you for is cheaper than paying the pirates to cap it for you.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Sun, 1. May 16, 18:43

Jimmy C wrote:What I've read online suggests you're not allowed to cap it yourself.
On another note, I added the sums up, simply buying all the things the Teladi asked you for is cheaper than paying the pirates to cap it for you.
I don't think you can cap it yourself, at all - it's most likely in an invulnerable state - the 93% hull you mentioned tracks with that, if I'm not mistaken. OP, your bug may have something to do with a plot-based invulnerability state of either the ship or the pirate station, somehow, and sounds broken to me :(

Regarding relative cost: if you go the 15M cred route, as soon as you deliver the ship Terran command refund you the full 15M, so it's actually considerably cheaper to do it this way, ultimately (except that you get the ship without any weapons or equipment, only a shield - if you buy it for contraband, it comes with guns etc which you can strip and sell.)
-
-
-
The Write Stuff

nick01uk
x4

Post by nick01uk » Mon, 2. May 16, 11:17

m going to have one more go reloading before the plot but if that don't work is there any cheaty way of sorting it and removing the modified tag later and still getting the achievement.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 2. May 16, 11:53

"is there any cheaty way of sorting it and removing the modified tag later and still getting the achievement."

Not really, as that would rather defeat its entire purpose.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

nick01uk
x4

Post by nick01uk » Mon, 2. May 16, 13:55

when I say cheaty I mean using scripts to get the shuttle to do what its supposed to do and then turning them back off, less cheaty more patching the game so I can complete it

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Mon, 2. May 16, 15:53

As far as I know, not without tattooing *** modified *** on your profile, but I don't know enough about under-the-hood stuff to be able to tell for sure.
-
-
-
The Write Stuff

nick01uk
x4

Post by nick01uk » Tue, 3. May 16, 11:27

well, made sure x3tc was installed verified my game cache on steam tried again yaki xperemental shuttle still sits there doing nothing after capture all that could be left is restarting game from scratch god knows how many game hours wasted I think its time to try rebirth again after that I might pick up the game in a year or so when I've calmed down about it, its a brilliant game, except it has its own special brand of game braking bugs. 200 hours of my life down the drain

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Tue, 3. May 16, 11:54

My advice for the future - multiple saves, so that you can "travel back in time" past unfortunate mishaps like this, instead of overwriting the same save over and over. (I tend to break this rule somewhat, myself, once I have enough separate games saved to approach filling up the save slots, but I always keep one slot as a temporary "quicksave" slot, and use it mostly, then overwrite my "main" slot for that particular playthrough periodically when I know, or am reasonably sure, it's safe to do so.)
-
-
-
The Write Stuff

nick01uk
x4

Post by nick01uk » Sat, 7. May 16, 13:40

fixed it, restarted from scratch, it seems to be a plot created pirate station now, no goods or anything for sale, or laser towers, probably could have blew up the pirate station in system b4 accepting the mission to spawn a non screwed up one, but me I want to be nice to the pirates, so I'll just carry on my new game especially since a nice argon pilot gave me his nova for the next one, the other 30 odd weren't so nice but hay ho.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Sat, 7. May 16, 13:52

Nice :) Yes, that sounds right - that station shouldn't have normal options in terms of goods for sale etc (though it still spawns generic missions.) I, too, usually prefer to foster good relations with the "alternative merchants" - if nothing else, it at least reduces harassment of my own freighters, and usually also provide small additional markets for me to exploit (such as the illegal wares - I've never, in some EXTREMELY extensive playing, had my automated freighters bothered by the cops regarding contraband - not ever out of what must amount to at least 10s of 1000s of flying hours by such freighters, possibly more.)

I laughed at "a nice argon pilot gave me his nova" - how generous of him! :D
-
-
-
The Write Stuff

nick01uk
x4

Post by nick01uk » Fri, 13. May 16, 08:48

Did a little experiment with previous save game if anyone else gets this problem, blowing the crap out of any existing pirate base in gunns crusade before accepting the mission in Brenan's triumph allows the plot one to spawn properly and allows the stupid shuttle to be turned over to you. This shows once again that there is no problem which cannot be solved by suitable application of high explosives, I knew there was a reason why I called my claymore "solution." Still cant remember why the Kyoto is called Dave but I have occasionally played this game whilst drinking so these things happen.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 13. May 16, 10:41

nick01uk wrote:Still cant remember why the Kyoto is called Dave but I have occasionally played this game whilst drinking so these things happen.
You probably had a drink with Dave and decided to name a ship after him.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Fri, 13. May 16, 12:28

Actually, as someone's signature states (sorry, I forget whose it is - it's a fairly regular forum user, though, if I'm not mistaken) - "it's not until a mosquito lands on your testicle that you realise that more firepower isn't always the way to solve a problem" (I'm sure I'm paraphrasing, but that's the gist of it)

As for "Dave the Kyoto" - that ship actually has some Russian name, the Pyotr Ondonov or something along those lines, I forget the exact name. :D
But I guess "Dave" will do, in a pinch, heheheh
-
-
-
The Write Stuff

nick01uk
x4

Post by nick01uk » Fri, 13. May 16, 13:18

The thing about explosives as a solution is not that it wont work, just that sometimes that solution creates more problems, and this is my kyoto, which in my universes original timeline before this crap was overtunned to 104ms and will get that back once I build the supergun/missle fab again

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Fri, 13. May 16, 17:58

Oh right - hahahahah! :D I like your Claymore's name - I also often use abstract concepts as names for ships and stations.
-
-
-
The Write Stuff

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”