[MOD] Conquest and War in Rebirth! Release Version 1.60 10-30-2016

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 21. May 16, 02:06

VincentTH wrote:
BlackRain wrote:
Itaros wrote:No idea if this is reported or not: selling a ship to a faction shipyard results in its upkeep missions staying. Haven't seen this in vanilla.

Btw, taxes are a bit overwhelming. I am getting 14 mil credits for 5 stations which cancels out salaries of 1 mil and gives enormous surplus. I guess this is too much. :/
I'll have to look into the first issue.

The second is how I intended the taxes to be but we can have a conversation about it. I can adjust if people think it is too much by /10
I would suggest diminishing progression. You would need the current income rate at the beginning of the game, because you would run flat, as far as income vs expense goes, until you own a few zones.

You have to pay the crew (enough to sustain the zone against PMC attacks). and scrap 10millions for the Outpost CV!!!!

@Sparky

One thing I would like to add to the Wiki:
- If you start the game without a jump drive (Terran Commander Start), you will need to visit the 5 stations that have Jump Drive Coolant lockboxes, ASAP. Those lockboxes would vanish after the stations are destroyed, and getting 20 JD Coolants from just killing Xenon/Khaak is a daunting task!!!!!

Using the HyperDrive (which sometimes, charge you the Crystals, but does not work for some mysterious reasons) would put a hole in your pocket!!!
The code doesn't allow for diminishing progression. Why would we get rid of the 10 million for an outpost? You aren't going to get one for free.

What is the issue with the Hyperdrive?

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sat, 21. May 16, 02:25

BlackRain wrote:
VincentTH wrote:
BlackRain wrote:
Itaros wrote:No idea if this is reported or not: selling a ship to a faction shipyard results in its upkeep missions staying. Haven't seen this in vanilla.

Btw, taxes are a bit overwhelming. I am getting 14 mil credits for 5 stations which cancels out salaries of 1 mil and gives enormous surplus. I guess this is too much. :/

The second is how I intended the taxes to be but we can have a conversation about it. I can adjust if people think it is too much by /10
I would suggest diminishing progression. You would need the current income rate at the beginning of the game, because you would run flat, as far as income vs expense goes, until you own a few zones.

You have to pay the crew (enough to sustain the zone against PMC attacks). and scrap 10millions for the Outpost CV!!!!

@Sparky

- If you start the game without a jump drive (Terran Commander Start), you will need to visit the 5 stations that have Jump Drive Coolant lockboxes, ASAP. Those lockboxes would vanish after the stations are destroyed, and getting 20 JD Coolants from just killing Xenon/Khaak is a daunting task!!!!!

Using the HyperDrive (which sometimes, charge you the Crystals, but does not work for some mysterious reasons) would put a hole in your pocket!!!
The code doesn't allow for diminishing progression. Why would we get rid of the 10 million for an outpost? You aren't going to get one for free.

I am not asking to remove the 10MM for the Outpost. I only suggest that the income would be something like:

Earning = nbr_of_modules*Constant*power(0.9,nbr_of_zone_owned)
or something like that.

That would make the player earn less compared to currently, but still allow starting player to earn enough money at the start of the game.
The $10MM for the OCV is nothing after the player own 10 zones, but was a tough amount to earn at the start of the game.

The issue with the hyperdrive is that some times when I issue the command "Jump to Me" (option 4), it would deduct the crystal, but the ship only make 1 jump. Re-issue the command some time works.

Same issue for Option 1 (Jump to zone). Say the ship has 500 FuelCell, and is in Fervid Corona, and it needs to jump to Auspicious Excavation (200 Fuel Cell needed), issue the command HyperJumpSquad (OPtion 1) would only jump the fleet to Heartache Mist, possibly because it says there are not enough jump fuel.

In either case, it would deduct the crystal, report that the jump was successful, even though the jump was not made.

Simoom
x4

Post by Simoom » Sat, 21. May 16, 12:29

I have seen this in vanilla (before I started working on mods); I don't think <event_object_changed_owner> is working properly, which is why I had to build a backdoor in Simoom's Lantern (adds a condition to allow Upkeep mission clear if the object is signaled). This won't solve the vanilla bug of missions not clearing when selling ships normally, but it does properly clear them for assets you hand over using "Change Faction".

Since I know you have my mod installed, you can clear the Upkeep missions from a ship you already sold by targeting it, then issue "Remove Upkeep Missions" under Target Manipulation.

UK_Jay

Simmom

Post by UK_Jay » Sat, 21. May 16, 12:58

I have both mods installed is great RDK has there own Stations including overwatch so they defend and grow well a few other stations that made it a good strong hold for them.Argon gov also had many stations there a few stations also popped up for ROC and it all works very well together just wish the game was like this without needing tools to fix everything lol but great job on both mods i love game again :)

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 21. May 16, 16:08

VincentTH wrote:
BlackRain wrote:
VincentTH wrote:
BlackRain wrote:

@Sparky

I am not asking to remove the 10MM for the Outpost. I only suggest that the income would be something like:

Earning = nbr_of_modules*Constant*power(0.9,nbr_of_zone_owned)
or something like that.

That would make the player earn less compared to currently, but still allow starting player to earn enough money at the start of the game.
The $10MM for the OCV is nothing after the player own 10 zones, but was a tough amount to earn at the start of the game.

The issue with the hyperdrive is that some times when I issue the command "Jump to Me" (option 4), it would deduct the crystal, but the ship only make 1 jump. Re-issue the command some time works.

Same issue for Option 1 (Jump to zone). Say the ship has 500 FuelCell, and is in Fervid Corona, and it needs to jump to Auspicious Excavation (200 Fuel Cell needed), issue the command HyperJumpSquad (OPtion 1) would only jump the fleet to Heartache Mist, possibly because it says there are not enough jump fuel.

In either case, it would deduct the crystal, report that the jump was successful, even though the jump was not made.

You need to make sure you have enough jump fuel before using the hyperdrive, this is known.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 21. May 16, 16:29

Changelog for Version 1.3 (will be uploaded today some time)

CWIR Beta Version 1.3

1) Several bug fixes to patrol script, construction scripts and clean up of some debug log errors

2) Change in how much tax income you get to a tenth of what it was previously, but you will now receive taxes every 30 minutes. If you were receiving 10 million in taxes an hour before, you would now be receiving 1 million in taxes twice an hour, so 2 million per hour.

3) New feature! Diplomacy!

Explanation of how Diplomacy works

You can contact a Defense Officer on a station to negotiate various diplomatic options. You must contact a Defense officer who works on a station, not the hireable defense officers you can recruit.

Contacting a Defense officer working on an NPC station will give you a new dialogue option, Diplomacy. You can't contact a Defense officer of a faction you are enemies with to negotiate, instead, you must contact a Defense officer of a faction you are neutral and above with in order to negotiate.

In order to negotiate with a faction you are enemies with, you must contact another faction that is not enemies with the faction you want to negotiate with. So for example, the following:

If you are at war with PMC but you want to make peace with PMC, you can't negotiate with PMC directly, however, you can contact a mediator in order to negotiate with PMC. Any faction that is neutral to, or friendly with PMC can be contacted. So, you could contact Ledda Industrial, or Albion Energy subsidiary or another corporation that is neutral to PMC in order to negotiate with PMC. They will mediate the negotiations. You can then contact the Defense officer on a Ledda Industrial (or other corporation) station and choose the appropriate options in the dialogue menu to negotiate.

You can buy/sell/trade stations, zones, even whole sectors if you own any fully. You can even give tribute to increase relations, make peace, make war, etc. There are calculations which determine the value of whatever it is you are trading and the calculations also take into account the strength of the factions you are negotiating with. NPC factions will always try to get the better deal.

Update:
4) New feature : New radial menu option for patrol object! You can select any object to patrol from the universe map. Patrol jump beacons, patrol gates, ships, stations, etc. for more strategic defense.

5) New option to disable the jump flee mechanics in vanilla. You can edit the config file to turn off the feature that has ships jumping away when in danger.
Last edited by BlackRain on Sat, 21. May 16, 23:14, edited 1 time in total.

j2965919

Post by j2965919 » Sat, 21. May 16, 21:39

BlackRain wrote:Changelog for Version 1.3 (will be uploaded today some time)

CWIR Beta Version 1.3

1) Several bug fixes to patrol script, construction scripts and clean up of some debug log errors

2) Change in how much tax income you get to a tenth of what it was previously, but you will now receive taxes every 30 minutes. If you were receiving 10 million in taxes an hour before, you would now be receiving 1 million in taxes twice an hour, so 2 million per hour.

Explanation of how Diplomacy works

You can contact a Defense Officer on a station to negotiate various diplomatic options. You must contact a Defense officer who works on a station, not the hireable defense officers you can recruit.

Contacting a Defense officer working on an NPC station will give you a new dialogue option, Diplomacy. You can't contact a Defense officer of a faction you are enemies with to negotiate, instead, you must contact a Defense officer of a faction you are neutral and above with in order to negotiate.

In order to negotiate with a faction you are enemies with, you must contact another faction that is not enemies with the faction you want to negotiate with. So for example, the following:

If you are at war with PMC but you want to make peace with PMC, you can't negotiate with PMC directly, however, you can contact a mediator in order to negotiate with PMC. Any faction that is neutral to, or friendly with PMC can be contacted. So, you could contact Ledda Industrial, or Albion Energy subsidiary or another corporation that is neutral to PMC in order to negotiate with PMC. They will mediate the negotiations. You can then contact the Defense officer on a Ledda Industrial (or other corporation) station and choose the appropriate options in the dialogue menu to negotiate.

You can buy/sell/trade stations, zones, even whole sectors if you own any fully. You can even give tribute to increase relations, make peace, make war, etc. There are calculations which determine the value of whatever it is you are trading and the calculations also take into account the strength of the factions you are negotiating with. NPC factions will always try to get the better deal.
can't wait to try :)

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 22. May 16, 04:43

Just waiting on Rubini to finish up with a couple of things on his end before releasing.

Couple of things to take note of:

1) Some bugs with Diplomacy which are known but wont be fixed until next version. The bugs are the following: If you have 0 credits in your bank account then you wont be able to complete transactions with an NPC faction even if you are selling something and you will receive money. Putting some credits into your personal account will fix this. The second issue is that when buying a station or a zone from a faction, as long as you have credits in your account, you can complete the transaction and gain the station/zone even if you do not have the correct amount of money you need in your bank account. So even if a station costs 100 million, if you only have 1 credit in your bank account you would be able to buy it. For now, just control yourself and do not CHEAT hehe. You could also then just turn around and sell it back for a huge profit so don't do this.

2) Will be some changes to the dialogue in the attack radial menu. Moved some things around.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 22. May 16, 06:15

Going to upload new version now but we couldn't get in the new patrol feature just yet, it will be in the next version.

CWIR Beta Version 1.3

4) Option in Config file to turn on or off the vanilla flee mechanic for ships (defaults to off)

johnhirix
x4

sometimes ships don't attack outpost

Post by johnhirix » Sun, 22. May 16, 07:45

Hey guys,

first of all thanks for the advice on how to capture a zone (there can be no friendly capital ships in that zone.)

Now I noticed something else that might need some attention, in some sectors when I order the fleet to destroy the outpost, they destroyed only parts of it, like the tagon tracers and the radar thing, but leaving the core zodac generator there and did not attack it, I have 4 fulmekrons and 3 more capital ships surrounding it and I gave :New order/attack object/pmc outpost

but they just jump to the location and do nothing, any idea? Or is it because I installed the Miscellaneous combat tweaks mod?

In case you need to look at my save file it's below.

http://www.megafileupload.com/nyYi/quicksave.xml.gz

Cheers

John

DarkWolf77
x4

Post by DarkWolf77 » Sun, 22. May 16, 09:55

Hey,

thanks for the Update :-)

I start a SaveGame from 1.2 beta an now my Debug.log have many Errors (?) like this:

Code: Select all

[General] 179596.84 ======================================
[=ERROR=] 179596.84 Property lookup failed: readtext.{40002L}.{51L}
[=ERROR=] 179596.84 extensions\cwir\md\setup_gamestarts_cwir.xml(202): Warning while parsing expression: Property lookup failed
* Input: {40002,51}
* Pos:          ^^

[=ERROR=] 179596.84 Property lookup failed: readtext.{40002L}.{54L}
[=ERROR=] 179596.84 extensions\cwir\md\setup_gamestarts_cwir.xml(332): Warning while parsing expression: Property lookup failed
* Input: {40002,54}
Is this an issue or can i ignore it?

EDIT: and my Outpost (i have only one) are now destroyed :-(
In the Sektor is it no longer exist and in my List i have only the Text " =TextIDNotFound= " (The Text issue will fixed when i changed the Game language to english)

EDIT 2: The StartOption (New Game) "Terran Commander" "Heretic Vanguard Mercenary" and "Ambitious Entrepreneur" have after the Update the issue too (" =TextIDNotFound= " in the StartOptions Menu)

Backup to the old Files, all ok.

another EDIT: I changed my game to english (from german) and the Text issue is fixed. But i don´t know why. Because with 1.2 beta i can play in german without issues. And i don´t find any changes that will explain this on your Code.

Thanks

DarkWolf77
x4

Post by DarkWolf77 » Sun, 22. May 16, 13:26

DarkWolf77 wrote:Hey,

thanks for the Update :-)

I start a SaveGame from 1.2 beta an now my Debug.log have many Errors (?) like this:

[=ERROR=] 179596.84 Property lookup failed: readtext.{40002L}.{51L}
[=ERROR=] 179596.84 extensions\cwir\md\setup_gamestarts_cwir.xml(202): Warning while parsing expression: Property lookup failed
* Input: {40002,51}

[=ERROR=] 179596.84 Property lookup failed: readtext.{40002L}.{54L}
[=ERROR=] 179596.84 extensions\cwir\md\setup_gamestarts_cwir.xml(332): Warning while parsing expression: Property lookup failed
* Input: {40002,54}
Is this an issue or can i ignore it?

EDIT: and my Outpost (i have only one) are now destroyed :-(
In the Sektor is it no longer exist and in my List i have only the Text " =TextIDNotFound= " (The Text issue will fixed when i changed the Game language to english)

EDIT 2: The StartOption (New Game) "Terran Commander" "Heretic Vanguard Mercenary" and "Ambitious Entrepreneur" have after the Update the issue too (" =TextIDNotFound= " in the StartOptions Menu)

Backup to the old Files, all ok.

another EDIT: I changed my game to english (from german) and the Text issue is fixed. But i don´t know why. Because with 1.2 beta i can play in german without issues. And i don´t find any changes that will explain this on your Code.

Thanks
Oh my god... i think my Coffe was not good....
or it was too early in the morning ;-)

1.[solved] Outpost-Problem: i think my Save was crashed. I try it again with beta 1.2 and the Outpost was destroyed too. But without a name in the List (remember: with 1.3 i become a TextID not found.)

2. [solved] TextID not found: you started with german translation in t/0001-L049.xml. I don´t know how works the game (
so far I thought if it does not exist in the german (L049) File then the game will search in the 0001. but that is not so well...)

I only copy the english Text in the L-049 (not translate...) and the Game will work correct now.

The same issue:

[=ERROR=] 178185.71 extensions\cwir\md\mmspboard.xml(143): Warning while parsing expression: Property lookup failed
* Input: {2802,1011}
* Pos:         ^^^^ 
I added only the missing entrys in the german language File (not translate).

Here the file:
https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21A ... parId=root

I don´t know is this correct so or only a workaround. But it´s work :P [/code]

Itaros
x4

Re: sometimes ships don't attack outpost

Post by Itaros » Sun, 22. May 16, 14:14

johnhirix wrote:Hey guys,

first of all thanks for the advice on how to capture a zone (there can be no friendly capital ships in that zone.)

Now I noticed something else that might need some attention, in some sectors when I order the fleet to destroy the outpost, they destroyed only parts of it, like the tagon tracers and the radar thing, but leaving the core zodac generator there and did not attack it, I have 4 fulmekrons and 3 more capital ships surrounding it and I gave :New order/attack object/pmc outpost

but they just jump to the location and do nothing, any idea? Or is it because I installed the Miscellaneous combat tweaks mod?

Cheers

John
I have the same issue, but with AG -whatever- plantation near the gate to OL from Maelstrom: they destroy some modules and then refuse to continue with it. Without MICT/MOCT it wasn't an issue, but CWIR Wiki page recommends them to be so I guess this is not intended behavior. And is covered by warranty, right? ^_^
Staring at Yisha in VR

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: sometimes ships don't attack outpost

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 22. May 16, 14:50

johnhirix wrote:Hey guys,

Cheers

John

This is an old issue which has not been resolved yet although we are working on it. Just order your ships to attack the station again, eventually they should start firing on it (might have to order them a few times). You can also take it out yourself, or go out of zone.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 22. May 16, 14:52

You can just delete the GERMAN t file and you will get English. I added it in the last version, it isn't complete. I wish someone would translate all the English into German hehe.

DarkWolf77
x4

Post by DarkWolf77 » Sun, 22. May 16, 15:54

BlackRain wrote:You can just delete the GERMAN t file and you will get English. I added it in the last version, it isn't complete. I wish someone would translate all the English into German hehe.

not my day... that was too easy :lol:

I think my english is not good enough to translate all Descriptions...

Maybe i just try it ;-)

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 22. May 16, 19:50

DarkWolf77 wrote:
BlackRain wrote:You can just delete the GERMAN t file and you will get English. I added it in the last version, it isn't complete. I wish someone would translate all the English into German hehe.

not my day... that was too easy :lol:

I think my english is not good enough to translate all Descriptions...

Maybe i just try it ;-)
It's okay, Marvin has provided me with a translation for German, it will be in the next version.

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Mon, 23. May 16, 15:27

I'm having problems with one of my shipyards.
If I select a ship for building to see what resources are missing, then cancel the build from the final window, there's a short lag, then I return to the seller's radial menu. After that, when I quit the menu, the game works fine except for the fact that:
1- I can't open the sidebar menu anymore
2- I can open the main menu, but can't save my game

It looks like the lag comes detecting an active dialog when there is none, and don't let me access stuff. I've tried with NPC shipyards (with a seller that had the same speeches) and it worked fine. I also tried removing the other mods that affect NPC speeches and it doesn't work.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Mon, 23. May 16, 18:41

Ezarkal wrote:I'm having problems with one of my shipyards.
If I select a ship for building to see what resources are missing, then cancel the build from the final window, there's a short lag, then I return to the seller's radial menu. After that, when I quit the menu, the game works fine except for the fact that:

It looks like the lag comes detecting an active dialog when there is none, and don't let me access stuff. I've tried with NPC shipyards (with a seller that had the same speeches) and it worked fine. I also tried removing the other mods that affect NPC speeches and it doesn't work.
I've got the same problem. There is an active dialog, but the graphic engine could not display it for some reason. ALT-TAB to force XR to reload the graphic should bring up the dialog and fix the problem.

Disclaimer: I am running Windows 10 where this problem is frequent, Your Mileage May Vary etc....

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 24. May 16, 03:41

VincentTH wrote:
Ezarkal wrote:I'm having problems with one of my shipyards.

I've got the same problem. There is an active dialog, but the graphic engine could not display it for some reason. ALT-TAB to force XR to reload the graphic should bring up the dialog and fix the problem.

Disclaimer: I am running Windows 10 where this problem is frequent, Your Mileage May Vary etc....

This happens to me too, and not just with the shipyard, even other stuff, but it isn't a consistent thing and it is easily fixed by going to window mode and then back to full.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”