Campaign and DLC question

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Carda

Campaign and DLC question

Post by Carda » Sun, 19. Jun 16, 11:30

I played X-R a few years back but stopped playing at some point because my PC couldn't handle a satisfying framerate. Now there are 2 DLC's available and I like playing the campaign like I did in X3 games (play a mission, go my own way for a few days, play another mission, do my own thing again and so forth...)

In short my question is: When I start with a new campaign instead of free roam, will I be able to venture off to the new sectors the 2 dlc's offer and do all the content? I did read some weapons and stuff won't be unlocked? But if the campaign is over? Do I get a 'free style' play with all weapons and stuff unlocked then?

I really like to start with campaign and go from there to discover all the content that is offered by both DLCs.

Thank you for your time reading and answering,
Carda

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 19. Jun 16, 11:36

Carda wrote:When I start with a new campaign instead of free roam, will I be able to venture off to the new sectors the 2 dlc's offer and do all the content?
Yes, you will.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Carda

Post by Carda » Sun, 19. Jun 16, 11:40

Thank you for the quick answer. *logs into Steam and orders the two DLC's*

Time to fly the good old skunk again

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Tue, 21. Jun 16, 20:12

Just be aware that you won't have access to them right at the start of the campaign. They will unlock at some point.

Have fun!
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

RodentofDoom
x4

Post by RodentofDoom » Fri, 1. Jul 16, 23:19

When you first launch the campaign no gates are accessible

Once you've worked through the main plat a little some extra gates unlock

1 leads to Teladi space, which enables early access to Omnicron Lyrae
1 leads to Home of Light, which enables early access to Maelstrom

Obviously 1 is far more useful than the other, conversely the other one is far more pleasant to trade through.

Enjoy playing through the campaign.

I've noticed a couple of other inactive gates here and there whilst roaming around, so it's possible there are plans for other new things, or they could be scenery, I have no idea which atm.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”