hello all,im new (professional troll)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

weeg71

hello all,im new (professional troll)

Post by weeg71 » Sun, 24. Jul 16, 18:59

lmao at my topic,well anyways im kinda new to the game,heres my story.
i bought this game about a year and a half ago and i played it for few hours,didnt know what to do, and it turned me off,got it on sale so was no biggie.uninstall

so like 5 months later i tried it again,this time i tried google for info and videos. i must not have read/watched the right ones cos few hours later...uninstalled

so few months pass ,i tried it again but this time i found the x-tended mod,which really didnt help me still didnt know what i was doin,played dor few hours...uninstalled

bout a week ago since im such a glutton for punishment i decide to try it again,but this time i was determined! kept reading how awesome this game is..sry wasnt seeing it,but i really wanted to like it so i kept searching and searching for info,THEN i found out about the best buy locater.. IVE PLAYED FOR 1356 HOURS STRAIGHT NOW AND ALL IM DOIN IS BUYING AND SELLING AND HAVING A BLAST. then lastnight i must have stayed in a station to long cos i got a phone call and then the damn station unhooked me , off i go and this damn ship who was docking rammed right into me.. GAME OVER, I NEVER BEEN SO HAPPY TO DIE IN MY ENTIRE LIFE..LOL

so i just thoguht id introduce myself and tell ya my terran conflict story...ok back to the game! i think i may be close to getting unhooked again

Gold Dragon
x3tc

Post by Gold Dragon » Sun, 24. Jul 16, 22:11

It's Additive, isn't it?

The greatest attraction of the game is that there is no one single way to play it.

Want to be a pirate? You can do that here!
Want to be a Trader that avoids personal combat? Become Univeral broker today!
Want to become a powerful Warmonger? We can do that! :D
-- GD

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Mon, 25. Jul 16, 00:29

If you haven't gotten into the plots yet, do so. Playing TC, you'll need a fighter to get started.

TimsUp2Nothing has several excellent guides to help automate your trading.

If you have a question about anything, don't hesitate to ask. You will get an answer without the BS that many other forums have.

But if you do decide to stop playing, don't uninstall it. You'll be back.

weeg71

Post by weeg71 » Mon, 25. Jul 16, 01:50

yea right now im trying to get my rep up cos it seems the discovery is the only ship i cn buy,would like to have couple trader ships then a fighter so i can start doin other missions,cant really do mission with the ship i have now its too slow,so basicaly im still just in the trading part of the game but im really starting to enjoy it finally,..

Honved
x3tc

Post by Honved » Mon, 25. Jul 16, 14:51

Have you upgraded the engine tunings and cargo space on your ship? Those are some of the most important things to do at the start. A faster ship means more trade runs in the same amount of time, and cargo slots mean more cargo hauled on each run, translating into more money. Note that the first couple of cargo hold upgrades are DIRT cheap, but each additional slot costs more. It's purely a matter of personal opinion as to where it's no longer practical to add more slots. Typically, I'll add about 100-150 on a TS, and eventually max out most fighters. If you spot a couple of dropped missiles lying around after a fight, having the extra cargo slots on your M5 to pick them up will more than pay for the upgrade.

Once you can afford a second ship, getting Remote Trade Software on your own ship allows you to trade remotely, so you can send your freighter on trade runs while you explore the universe in your Discoverer. Placing the freighter in one of your two upper corner camera views allows you to access the ship quickly and painlessly, rather than hunting through your Property menu.

Eventually, once your standing with a race improves, you may occasionally see ships with a yellow "Cent" symbol near the gate in your sector display. These may be ships for sale, and if their condition is low enough (usually <80% condition), they may be substantially cheaper than new. At close to 100%, they're probably more expensive than a new ship. At 51%, they're close to free. Buy the ship (the pilot will eject), fly up to it, eject from your own ship, and use your space suit repair laser to fix it up to 100% condition. You can then either sell the ship at a Shipyard or use it yourself. I've bought occasional M3s in sorry shape for as low as 100K credits, fixed them up in about 5-10 minutes, and sold them for over 1 Million. Nice profit for early game, or a bit of pocket change for mid-game play, but simply not worth your time in late game when you've got a fleet of 100+ trade ships and several large capital ships to manage.

Most importantly, enjoy what you're doing, and play the game your own way.

weeg71

Post by weeg71 » Tue, 26. Jul 16, 23:31

yea i have upgraded my speed and cargo space,now i hav bought some parts,ill have to look to see if i got that or not,but i do have a question,i have 2 cargos and is it possible to send him on like remote trade,to where my ship will automatically search and look for cheap products then sell em for profit

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Wed, 27. Jul 16, 02:49

I'm pretty sure Honved meant the Trade Command Software Mk 3. It's an expensive purchase of around 500,000 credits. Once the pilot has received sufficient training in working one sector, it can roam the universe looking for best buys and best sells for you. Mostly hand off trading. If does have it's problems doing that though, flying into hostile sectors owned by pirates and Xenon.

To counter that possibility, you can limit the range it can fly from a set sector. For example trade no more than 4 sectors from Argon Prime. This covers all of the Argon sectors in the area plus a couple Paranid and Boron sectors. No Pirate or Xenon sectors at all.

weeg71

Post by weeg71 » Wed, 27. Jul 16, 05:40

ok thx,yea ive seen that be getting it tonight.

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Wed, 27. Jul 16, 06:35

Ignore them all.

Play it your way. It's the best way to enjoy X titles... it's not like you are 100 hours in and still have no clue what is happening and why you are being touched by a talking squid.
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Wed, 27. Jul 16, 07:00

hisazul wrote:Ignore them all.

Play it your way. It's the best way to enjoy X titles... it's not like you are 100 hours in and still have no clue what is happening and why you are being touched by a talking squid.
True. But you won't know what "your way" is until you try various things.

Honved
x3tc

Post by Honved » Wed, 27. Jul 16, 14:39

Remote trading falls into several different categories:

MORT - Manually Operated Remote Trader: you tell the ship where to go, and then conduct the transaction yourself when they arrive. If you have Remote Trade Software, you don't need to be at the same station to make the transaction, and can see buy and sell prices throughout any sector as long as you have some sort of asset in that sector (usually either a ship or a Navigational Satellite). Placing the ship in one of your two upper corner camera views allows you to keep tabs on them more easily. This is mainly an early game option, before you can afford to set up Mk.3 traders.

ST - Sector Trader: Requires Trade Mk.3, which costs about half a million. You assign a sector and they conduct business on their own within that sector. Once they reach Level 6, you can re-start them with a "Range" (seen Local Trader).

LT - Local Trader: After your Sector Trader reaches Level 6, you can restart them and the game will prompt you to enter a RANGE. At Range 0, they remain a Sector Trader, but with Range of 1 or greater, they become a Local Trader, and can do business in sectors adjacent to their assigned sector, and any other sectors within their Range of that sector. Each 2 levels of experience beyond 6, that Range can be extended by another 1. This is VERY powerful, because it allows you to put a trader in a lucrative area and keep them there, without straying into places where they will almost inevitable get blown up at some point.

UT - When your Mk.3 Trader reaches Level 7, you have the option of converting them into a Universal Trader. They are free to conduct business in any sector, and roam freely. This can be extremely lucrative, but can be dangerous, as there is no way to prevent them from straying THROUGH Pirate or Xenon sectors even if you don't allow them to conduct business IN those sectors. I lose more UTs than all other traders combined, despite using them sparingly.

CAG - Once you have factories built, you can assign a ship to buy resources for that factory. After the pilot gains enough experience, they can also sell finished products. You can set their range of operations through the station menus. These pilots will typically not earn a lot of money directly, but will generally boost the efficiency of the station they are assigned to. This does not require Trade Mk.3 Software.

There are also several other options for remote trading: CLS1 and CLS2, which can be particularly useful for selling products on pre-designated trade routes (which take time to set up, but can be very profitable once established) or for buying and selling one or two specific commodities at either your own or NPC stations, which I am sure that someone else will be able to expand on in a more coherent form, since I use them sparingly and only for very specific tasks.

weeg71

Post by weeg71 » Wed, 27. Jul 16, 19:39

Honved wrote:Remote trading falls into several different categories:

MORT - Manually Operated Remote Trader: you tell the ship where to go, and then conduct the transaction yourself when they arrive. If you have Remote Trade Software, you don't need to be at the same station to make the transaction, and can see buy and sell prices throughout any sector as long as you have some sort of asset in that sector (usually either a ship or a Navigational Satellite). Placing the ship in one of your two upper corner camera views allows you to keep tabs on them more easily. This is mainly an early game option, before you can afford to set up Mk.3 traders.

ST - Sector Trader: Requires Trade Mk.3, which costs about half a million. You assign a sector and they conduct business on their own within that sector. Once they reach Level 6, you can re-start them with a "Range" (seen Local Trader).

LT - Local Trader: After your Sector Trader reaches Level 6, you can restart them and the game will prompt you to enter a RANGE. At Range 0, they remain a Sector Trader, but with Range of 1 or greater, they become a Local Trader, and can do business in sectors adjacent to their assigned sector, and any other sectors within their Range of that sector. Each 2 levels of experience beyond 6, that Range can be extended by another 1. This is VERY powerful, because it allows you to put a trader in a lucrative area and keep them there, without straying into places where they will almost inevitable get blown up at some point.

UT - When your Mk.3 Trader reaches Level 7, you have the option of converting them into a Universal Trader. They are free to conduct business in any sector, and roam freely. This can be extremely lucrative, but can be dangerous, as there is no way to prevent them from straying THROUGH Pirate or Xenon sectors even if you don't allow them to conduct business IN those sectors. I lose more UTs than all other traders combined, despite using them sparingly.

CAG - Once you have factories built, you can assign a ship to buy resources for that factory. After the pilot gains enough experience, they can also sell finished products. You can set their range of operations through the station menus. These pilots will typically not earn a lot of money directly, but will generally boost the efficiency of the station they are assigned to. This does not require Trade Mk.3 Software.

There are also several other options for remote trading: CLS1 and CLS2, which can be particularly useful for selling products on pre-designated trade routes (which take time to set up, but can be very profitable once established) or for buying and selling one or two specific commodities at either your own or NPC stations, which I am sure that someone else will be able to expand on in a more coherent form, since I use them sparingly and only for very specific tasks.
thx very informative right there . i should have the rep today to buy the mk 3..is their a site or something that tells me where i can get some of this stuff cos ive noticed some sectors sells stuff that other sectors dont have

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Wed, 27. Jul 16, 20:20

That's usually all on the Wiki
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

weeg71

Post by weeg71 » Thu, 28. Jul 16, 01:45

having jsut one problem atm...WHERE IN THE HECK IS THE TRADE COMMAND MK 3,im using the xtended mod so the home of light is different and i cant find it,been all over :/

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Thu, 28. Jul 16, 01:53

If it's changed by a mod, add in the mod thread
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

Cpt.Jericho
x3tc

Post by Cpt.Jericho » Thu, 28. Jul 16, 12:53

Depending how far you have explored your universe, the ingame encyclopedia may contain a location where to buy an MK3 trader.
Winner of 350 Mil class of X-Verse Fleet Fest Italiano
Boycotting Steam since 2003

weeg71

Post by weeg71 » Thu, 28. Jul 16, 19:57

Cpt.Jericho wrote:Depending how far you have explored your universe, the ingame encyclopedia may contain a location where to buy an MK3 trader.
i found it,old school way,took only 2 long boring hours..lol but now ive traveled all over,got 3 cargoes and a sentinal,2 have the mk 3,but now i want to start getting like wheat fields or stations and i cant buy a TL cargo and i read u can hire one but i tried and couldnt get it

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Tue, 2. Aug 16, 10:36

I'm pretty sure it's Teladi-exclusive, as long as you find one of their equipment docks. Depends how far you've explored.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”