[MOD] Conquest and War in Rebirth! Release Version 1.60 10-30-2016

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Sun, 28. Aug 16, 00:33

This is pretty nice mod once you get hang of it. Especially when it comes working together with factions to accomplish its goals.

I might have some suggestions that might expand experience.

Diplomasy Missions

Defense officers give us missions to improve relations with faction (he/she might throw in extra ship if mission is hard).

Destroy Fleet- Help ally fleet or do it your self.

Destroy Station- Help ally fleet or you can do it your self to take on enemy station.

Clear Zone- Clear whole zone of enemy to finish this mission

As for RoC I think they should have some specialized mining ships that can carry more cargo that any other ships. It would be nice if they had mining warehouse in their CV station selection. I think they should be mining fraction with superior mining tech.....

Also I have question on how limited RoC economy is in mod. I noticed that they build basic set of stations (nothing high tech so far). Is this as intended ? Also would it be possible to increase number of drones being stored in RoC shipyard. There is hardly enough drones to arm one ship ;(
Last edited by Nikola515 on Sun, 28. Aug 16, 01:35, edited 1 time in total.
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 28. Aug 16, 01:02

johnycamaro wrote:HI i love the mod. But now i have to pay the full price for ship at own shipyard and it wil come out of mine account. And wen i sell it at own shipyard i get no mark up. Can anybody help me please?
Read the wiki. I've already explained this so many times.

Nagittchi
x4

Post by Nagittchi » Sun, 28. Aug 16, 02:32

BlackRain wrote:
johnycamaro wrote:HI i love the mod. But now i have to pay the full price for ship at own shipyard and it wil come out of mine account. And wen i sell it at own shipyard i get no mark up. Can anybody help me please?
I've read it as well though - it actually takes money out of your credits account.
You will see a message saying that it is taking out the 44 million out of your bank account but it wont actually take the money out of your bank account. The money will still be there!
Tested it with both the replicate and regular buy ship from station - credits went down from like 90m to 15m. Checked my player status in the menu - was actually at 15m.

Also sold ships were neutral. I pretty much have only the mods listed in the mod compatible thing in the wiki + cosmestic stuff like SilenceYouAll and NPC Dress Overhaul.

Could this be another issue because I contracted out the shipyard construction?

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sun, 28. Aug 16, 03:04

I remember someone reported that the Split never stop respawning.
Now I have eradicate all Split ships and stations in Blurred Reflection, but Split Gangrene Chaser keep on respawning.

After pulling my hair for a while, I finally find out why: There is a derelict Gangrene Chaser that IS PART of the station !!!! That's why Split never die!!!!

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sun, 28. Aug 16, 03:06

Nagittchi wrote:
BlackRain wrote:
I've read it as well though - it actually takes money out of your credits account.
You will see a message saying that it is taking out the 44 million out of your bank account but it wont actually take the money out of your bank account. The money will still be there!
Tested it with both the replicate and regular buy ship from station - credits went down from like 90m to 15m. Checked my player status in the menu - was actually at 15m.

Also sold ships were neutral. I pretty much have only the mods listed in the mod compatible thing in the wiki + cosmestic stuff like SilenceYouAll and NPC Dress Overhaul.

Could this be another issue because I contracted out the shipyard construction?
I never have this problem, It requires you to have the required noney, but it never deduct the money from my account when I build the ship.

Nagittchi
x4

Post by Nagittchi » Sun, 28. Aug 16, 03:14

You know what, I'm just going to start a new game start since something could be conflicting from the current save that had like 50 hours in it before I installed CWIR.

The FPS is dropping bad anyway from the universe running so long as is usual for me in the X-series. :P

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sun, 28. Aug 16, 05:41

Nagittchi wrote:You know what, I'm just going to start a new game start since something could be conflicting from the current save that had like 50 hours in it before I installed CWIR.

The FPS is dropping bad anyway from the universe running so long as is usual for me in the X-series. :P
Yeah, that's a wise decision. I only have 2 mods:

-- npc_engineer (Fix captured stations using Engineer, since you can't attach a CV to a station that was prebuilt at start of game).

- pref's script that swap Heavy Laser with Pulse Laser Mk3. This allows you to have both the Rail Gun and the Heavy Laser.

johnycamaro
x4

Post by johnycamaro » Sun, 28. Aug 16, 11:17

I think i found the problem. but i can't test it. i heave the auto trade agents installed. It has put a trade agent in the shipyard and al my stations. I cant fire them. Well i will have to start over!!

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 28. Aug 16, 17:15

There is no way that when you order a ship from your own shipyard that it is taking money from you unless there is a problem with the installation of the mod, or a conflict somewhere with another mod or a special circumstance. I haven't actually tried building a shipyard with the contractor option and I would refrain from doing so because it may cause an issue. The same as when you board a shipyard and capture it because of certain factors. For example if you build a shipyard using the contractor option, it may spawn ship dealers/traders that are not of the player faction. They may be a ownerless or neutral faction which would explain why it is taking money from you and/or when you sell the ships it is neutral. If the ship dealer/trader is of the player faction this will not happen. Boarding shipyards may also cause issues. This isn't a CWIR problem exactly. So, it is advised that when building a shipyard, you should build one normally. If you board a shipyard, just be mindful that it may be messed up.

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Sun, 28. Aug 16, 21:33

Anyone here using the MICT smart movement scripts successfully along with CWIR?

Im comparing the CES version BlackRain mentioned and the scripts in CWIR, some are the same, but I am not sure at all if install the MICT CES version as a extension and pray for it to not explode (since they have scripts with the same name) or just copy specific files over CWIR scripts.

Whatever the case, I would need guidance from a caritative soul. :P

Thanks in advance

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Sun, 28. Aug 16, 21:54

depends on how both handle it
=> if both replace the whole Code it should be safe since one would override the other (possibly with the same content) - i am pretty sure both use this method
you can recognize this by diff files containing the whole Script and starting with the lines
<diff>
<replace sel="/*">
or something like this - is safe, but only one variant can be used at the same time

=> if both do atomic changes to the same file but diffrent parts within its fully compatible usually

=> if both do atomic changes to the same files and script parts one mod might override the other. or not get applied it all if the one before messed up the path it depended on. or it might rarely blow up.

=> if the first mod loaded does atomic changes and the second replaces the whole file only the second one is used (usually safe)

=> the other way around (full replacement first, atomic changes second) should also be safe, depending on the nature of changes (might blow up)

this should in general cover all cases which can happen between any two mods changing the same file. To get into specifics a good start is generating a Debuglog from Game Startup (Opening Main Menu is enough, no need to start/load a game) and look through it if certain Paths couldnt be located. (a comparision with one mod inactive might also help since only the changes to it are relevant for the specific combination)
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 29. Aug 16, 01:47

tomchk wrote:@BlackRain: I'm not sure whether you saw my post about missions above. I wanted to remind you in case you did not. Thanks for all your work!
Sorry, never got around to replying to you but I doubt we will be adding much more to this mod in the near (or even long term) future. I may add support for more conflicts and such but that's about it.

johnycamaro
x4

Post by johnycamaro » Mon, 29. Aug 16, 10:10

BlackRain wrote:There is no way that when you order a ship from your own shipyard that it is taking money from you unless there is a problem with the installation of the mod, or a conflict somewhere with another mod or a special circumstance. I haven't actually tried building a shipyard with the contractor option and I would refrain from doing so because it may cause an issue. The same as when you board a shipyard and capture it because of certain factors. For example if you build a shipyard using the contractor option, it may spawn ship dealers/traders that are not of the player faction. They may be a ownerless or neutral faction which would explain why it is taking money from you and/or when you sell the ships it is neutral. If the ship dealer/trader is of the player faction this will not happen. Boarding shipyards may also cause issues. This isn't a CWIR problem exactly. So, it is advised that when building a shipyard, you should build one normally. If you board a shipyard, just be mindful that it may be messed up.
Thanks i buildt it to with contracter. It works fine now!

I read the wiki but i can't seem to find how you can replicate your ships to be built at your own ship yard or how to board a station. And i have youre latest mod installed. CWIR Beta Version 2.0B.
Thanks for this great mod!

TheXHypex
x4

Post by TheXHypex » Mon, 29. Aug 16, 17:19

Dunno if someone else has this problem too, but I'm not able to build large and xlarge ships in my own shipyard :( There's no shipdealer and no production module. So no "products". Did I something wrong? Small ships work just fine. Thanks in advance! And awesome mod btw :)

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 29. Aug 16, 17:45

TheXHypex wrote:Dunno if someone else has this problem too, but I'm not able to build large and xlarge ships in my own shipyard :( There's no shipdealer and no production module. So no "products". Did I something wrong? Small ships work just fine. Thanks in advance! And awesome mod btw :)

There isn't supposed to be a production module. Try docking at your shipyard, the ship dealers/traders will spawn on the station.

@johnycamaro

In order to replicate a ship to build, call up the ship trader and select option 6 on there. How to board instructions are on the wiki

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Mon, 29. Aug 16, 17:52

TheXHypex wrote:Dunno if someone else has this problem too, but I'm not able to build large and xlarge ships in my own shipyard :( There's no shipdealer and no production module. So no "products". Did I something wrong? Small ships work just fine. Thanks in advance! And awesome mod btw :)
After you have built, say, the XL module of the ShipYard, you have to save and reload for the XL ship dealer to show up. Vanilla bug and known workaround (Same behavior after you capture or build a station).

Behedeti

Post by Behedeti » Mon, 29. Aug 16, 18:59

Hello,

I have a problem with the reputation. I play the vanilla game only with the newest version of CWIR.

I start a fresh new game with the captain from HOA. My standings are HOA +30, PMC -30. As the PMC attack a HOA station I tried to attack and board a PMC Sul. The Sul launched some drones Huzar MK1. I shot at these drones and got the message from HOA "I should end my hostile action". Regardless I shot down the PMC drones. Some times later a HOA patrol attacked me and my reputation from HOA have dropped (ok I shot back because I would board the Sul). This happend only with drones or URV`s. If I attack the real ship all is fine. Oh, I have all licenses from HOA.

How should I participate at the civil war if some of my action against the enemy is a hostile action for my friends too?

Again, as HOA captain with all licenses from HOA I attack a PMC ship and all is fine for HOA but if I attack a PMC URV this is a hostile action for HOA.

Is this a known bug? Do someone have a solution for me?

Thank you.

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Mon, 29. Aug 16, 19:36

That I know of, only killing Construction URV gets you negative reputation from friendly factions. It is a bug in Vanilla Egosoft has not fixed.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Mon, 29. Aug 16, 19:46

ezra-r wrote:That I know of, only killing Construction URV gets you negative reputation from friendly factions. It is a bug in Vanilla Egosoft has not fixed.
I can attest to this claim. Only killing Const URV cause the rep loss. Killing fighting URV should be OK.
It was a lot worse, in vanilla and 2.x, 3.x, killing your own URVs also caused rep loss !!! :-)

This bug also manifest when you capture a capship with Const URV.s If you sell the ship to, say, HOA right after the capture, you would suffer rep loss, because your other ships would shoot at the Const URVs while they are still red (while the capped ship is now owned by HOA). The workaround is to put a captain on the captured ship, wait until all const URVs are green (then optionally extract them), retrieve the captain, then sell the ship to HOA. That way you'd suffer no rep loss.

johnycamaro
x4

Post by johnycamaro » Tue, 30. Aug 16, 00:56

does any body els have problems with replicating ship in player shipyard?

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”