Litcube's Universe

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Wed, 19. Oct 16, 16:57

mtlmaks wrote:
Zaitsev wrote:
eugene171 wrote:barrage is gone, yes.

but IIRC you can assign turrets to fire at targets, which is just as good. Works with flails, at least.
Works with Hammers too
Ok, I'll try that. Thanks guys!
Just in case you try - mixing missiles won't work as far as I know. I.e. you have to load your Aquilo with either flails or hammers, as the turrets won't switch between them. I don't know if there is a workaround though, as I have mostly left it to the auto-pillock to run my missile boats.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Wed, 19. Oct 16, 17:27

They should switch between them. I wrote the missile selection code to choose the highest damage missile that was fast enough to catch the target.

mtlmaks
x3ap

Post by mtlmaks » Wed, 19. Oct 16, 17:45

Litcube wrote:They should switch between them. I wrote the missile selection code to choose the highest damage missile that was fast enough to catch the target.
Hi Litcube, that is when you run them through MLCC I assume? Also, when doing so, I'm wondering if the missile frigates will actually stay out of range and fire their missiles from a far (if you positioned them out of range to start with of course), as you would ideally do when commanding them manually, or will they try and go toward their target as the other ships do?

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Wed, 19. Oct 16, 17:51

I went to the wiki and I copied what I wrote and pasted it here. The information now exists in two different places.

The bomber task is essentially a turret configuration. The bomber task is only valid for missile boat ships. Set the turrets here, and when the ship jumps in, those turrets will be set. It can be beneficial to set one turret as missiles only, as that turret command will protect your entire fleet from enemy missile attacks, provided there are chaff on board. The monitor target and monitor range essentially tells the bomber to fly to the nearest target of that class at a distance of the range to play "keep away". Note, this has nothing to with missile rules of engagement, as missile boats do not use these rules.

mtlmaks
x3ap

Post by mtlmaks » Wed, 19. Oct 16, 18:02

Litcube wrote:I went to the wiki and I copied what I wrote and pasted it here. The information now exists in two different places.

The bomber task is essentially a turret configuration. The bomber task is only valid for missile boat ships. Set the turrets here, and when the ship jumps in, those turrets will be set. It can be beneficial to set one turret as missiles only, as that turret command will protect your entire fleet from enemy missile attacks, provided there are chaff on board. The monitor target and monitor range essentially tells the bomber to fly to the nearest target of that class at a distance of the range to play "keep away". Note, this has nothing to with missile rules of engagement, as missile boats do not use these rules.
Excellent, thanks! I can't seem to find it in the wiki, did you put it in the "Features and Changes" section? Can't wait to play with this tonight. :)

mtlmaks
x3ap

Post by mtlmaks » Wed, 19. Oct 16, 19:55

mtlmaks wrote:
Litcube wrote:I went to the wiki and I copied what I wrote and pasted it here. The information now exists in two different places.

Excellent, thanks! I can't seem to find it in the wiki, did you put it in the "Features and Changes" section? Can't wait to play with this tonight. :)
Nevermind, found it. Now I remember reading that, when I first started to play, but I forgot about it, must be the age... ;) Anyway, thanks again!

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Thu, 20. Oct 16, 00:03

The WIki listed that in order to move asteroids 1 meter, one would need 6666 Quantum tube and 1666 Crystal?

Ware Cost / Meter
Energy Cells 42.6
Crystals 1666.6
Quantum tubes 6666.6

Is this a typo?

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Thu, 20. Oct 16, 00:09

I believe it is.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Thu, 20. Oct 16, 00:21

Litcube wrote:I believe it is.
yeah I concur, too many 6's and not one 9!!! :-)

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Thu, 20. Oct 16, 00:22

I knew that feature was evil, the number of the beast is all over it!
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

Mindtwist
x3ap

Post by Mindtwist » Thu, 20. Oct 16, 14:48

Joefesok wrote:I believe the setting you're using just causes it to refill to 90% of the PHQ's capacity, not fully refill the PHQ once it gets to 90%.
According to the wiki, the source and threshold settings in PHQ specifies where to get the ware and how many wares the specified source should have until a freighter can be sent. The capacity is supposed to be the number deciding when to stop freighting.

Also, I don't have this issue(?) with other wares it seems.

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Thu, 20. Oct 16, 19:51

Yes, ECs have special handling because they are really cheap and there is code to only move them when there are significant quantities to move.
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

Phaenthonx
x3ap

I think.

Post by Phaenthonx » Fri, 21. Oct 16, 02:38

The problem is that they're downloading just X3AP on steam without having X3TC installed first. When you install Ap solo, the .exe there for AP shows as though it's for TC. I ran into this when I was trying to install the mod, and finally tried another clean install and downloaded TC then AP, so it would have the .exe for both games in the folder. (Just renaming the TC to the AP file for it to be overwritten by the installer does not work, that was my first step in trying to fix it lol.)

DEADCODE_

Post by DEADCODE_ » Fri, 21. Oct 16, 08:41

Complex Cleaner for X3 Albion prelude + Litcube's Universe

How to install:
1. Copy the files in the folder [game directory]/addon/ (X3 Albion prelude).
2. Start the game.
3. save.
4. Exit the game completely.
5. After the second run of the game mod is installed and initialized, there should be two green lines that everything is OK.

Features:
1. Check for the beam laser removed, its absence in LU.
2. At the shipyard Terran sells Saturn Complex, also now sold a lot of technological parts of this complex,
don't have to buy and use, what will happen if their use has not been tested.

The installation sequence of the complex:
1. Arrived in the sector.
2. In command of the ship in the menu "Custom" click "Complex cleaner".
3. If you have a mine, then placed in manual.
4. press 3 - to auto-install all stations in the sector.
5. press 1 - to avto-pack all your stations in the sector into a single module.
6. If the complex is new, then the joined sub-assemblies to our station in the module.
7. If the complex already exists and you add new stations,
then be sure to connect these stations alone, with an existing head module and not between them.

Example usage:
1. Return Swizel, there is peace and quiet.
2. Placed 6 ore mines, 6 silicon mines, factories optional.
3. Pack.
4. Place the complex at the existing protective platform at a distance of 10 km, but so would the ships do not interfere.
5. Appointed by buyer who must be the supply modules.
6. Transfer money to the complex, assign prices.
7. Prepare a shovel, to row money.

Link:
https://yadi.sk/d/xt2Kw6C_xHLKU

Mindtwist
x3ap

Post by Mindtwist » Fri, 21. Oct 16, 18:33

memeics wrote:Yes, ECs have special handling because they are really cheap and there is code to only move them when there are significant quantities to move.
Ah, thanks!

Joefesok
x4

Re: I think.

Post by Joefesok » Fri, 21. Oct 16, 18:36

Phaenthonx wrote:The problem is that they're downloading just X3AP on steam without having X3TC installed first. When you install Ap solo, the .exe there for AP shows as though it's for TC. I ran into this when I was trying to install the mod, and finally tried another clean install and downloaded TC then AP, so it would have the .exe for both games in the folder. (Just renaming the TC to the AP file for it to be overwritten by the installer does not work, that was my first step in trying to fix it lol.)
When I installed the game with just AP, I got the AP exe on its own- without the TC exe.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sat, 22. Oct 16, 22:58

LU 1.72
only mod: Adv Satellite monitor

I have a Boron Equipment Dock with MLCC enabled.

I assigned M6, M7 (Cobra, Aquilo and Segaris), M8 (Aquala) and configure attack and missile ROE.

I see Tornado for my M6 listed in Dock Manager, but no Flail and/or Hammer Torpedo are listed.

What should I do in order for Freighter from the Dock to load missiles from my Flail & Hammer Torp SCHs?

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Sat, 22. Oct 16, 23:03

Weapons menu, set a resupply.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sat, 22. Oct 16, 23:03

Litcube wrote:Weapons menu, set a resupply.
That was fast customer service!!!!

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sun, 23. Oct 16, 01:43

Game is about 3 days old
I have this repeatable hang captured with this save.

After loading the game, just jump to the North gate and fire the Tornado missiles at the Xenon J.

Actually, it just hang a few minutes after loading the game, regardless of what I do.

LU-1.7.2 + Satellite monitor mod.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”