How are the items purchased via comm delivered to the Skunk?

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

jelf
x4

How are the items purchased via comm delivered to the Skunk?

Post by jelf » Tue, 18. Oct 16, 13:50

Sorry if this question has been asked before, I did a brief search and did not find anything relevant on this.
So if I comm'ed a person on a docking station and purchased some stuff via comm, how is it delivered to my Skunk. I've tried purchasing some stuff through this way but the items never get delivered to my ship.

Many thanks!

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Tue, 18. Oct 16, 14:26

A very high-speed delivery drone brings the goods or personnel to you (or, conversely, carries them away from you if you sell remotely). I think it's possible to sabotage an incoming delivery by jumping in a highway or by capital-ship boost before the items are delivered, if quite far away from the station you are transacting with, but other than that, I've never had items/personnel fail to arrive.

Despite the carrier drone being very fast, if you are at the limit of remote transacting range, it can take a little while for the items to be delivered (perhaps up to 20 secs, maybe even a little longer, but I don't remember clearly), so you need to be patient - don't expect the stuff to materialise immediately.
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Tue, 18. Oct 16, 15:19

Yes, you can sabotage the delivery by switching zones or by entering highway. It happened to me a few times in the past. You get a failed delivery message when it happens. (It's quite a shame to lose a 5/5/5 employee that way).

Also, note that every time you buy a trade item/drone/missile/marine from comms, there's a 2.5k cr delivery fee that's added to the total price. Selling is free, though. XD
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Tue, 18. Oct 16, 16:19

I think jelf has another problem: He failed to "Confirm" his trade at the end of purchasing- or selling-actions.
As an example:
If you order 12 Starflash-missiles remotely, you "buy" the wares from an Arm's Dealer [spelling?]. During this action, you change the amount of bought missiles with the slider (or the cursor keys) and press OK. You COULD continue and sell (or buy) some other missiles, but you mustn't. But at the end of buying/selling, you MUST confirm the transaction(s), pressing 4 on your keyboard or klicking it with your mouse. Only then you can hear and see the fast drones for delivery moving from or to your ship.

If you do several transactions in a row it might happen that you see the amount of a ware on your ship in the left column as this example:

23 (+12)

That means: You already have 23 Starflashes and you are awaiting a delivery of another 12 pieces. Now you can buy more (if available) or sell all 35. The selling drone will only leave, when the buying drone has arrived, of course.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Wed, 19. Oct 16, 01:55

zazie wrote:If you do several transactions in a row it might happen that you see the amount of a ware on your ship in the left column as this example:

23 (+12)
I've had this happen several times when buying out a zone's worth of (eg) Scrap Metal. It's always worth waiting for the last 'clunk-hiss' of a drone delivery before moving elsewhere, if that option's possible (ie not under attack)
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Thu, 20. Oct 16, 00:16

RAVEN.myst wrote:A very high-speed delivery drone brings the goods or personnel to you (or, conversely, carries them away from you if you sell remotely). I think it's possible to sabotage an incoming delivery by jumping in a highway or by capital-ship boost before the items are delivered, if quite far away from the station you are transacting with, but other than that, I've never had items/personnel fail to arrive.

Despite the carrier drone being very fast, if you are at the limit of remote transacting range, it can take a little while for the items to be delivered (perhaps up to 20 secs, maybe even a little longer, but I don't remember clearly), so you need to be patient - don't expect the stuff to materialise immediately.

I've accidentally left a zone before my staff has arrived and recieved a "Failed Crew" message.
Guess there isn't one for item trading.
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Thu, 20. Oct 16, 00:22

spankahontis wrote:
RAVEN.myst wrote:A very high-speed delivery drone brings the goods or personnel to you (or, conversely, carries them away from you if you sell remotely). I think it's possible to sabotage an incoming delivery by jumping in a highway or by capital-ship boost before the items are delivered, if quite far away from the station you are transacting with, but other than that, I've never had items/personnel fail to arrive.

I've accidentally left a zone before my staff has arrived and recieved a "Failed Crew" message.
Guess there isn't one for item trading.
On a couple of occasions I even had worse than that, in that the passenger berth that would have been occupied by that staffer became occupied and unavailable even though the passenger never arrived. Not sure what version that was in, may have been pre-4.0
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”