[MOD] Conquest and War in Rebirth! Release Version 1.60 10-30-2016

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Wana
x3ap

Post by Wana » Fri, 25. Nov 16, 00:47

thanks ! it works.
i'll try to test your vanilla mod for a time before making a choice.
Xenon I were destroyed by RoC and PMC fleets at each other side of their common gate. Poor I

mycroftcanadans
x4

Perhaps a Silly Question.

Post by mycroftcanadans » Fri, 25. Nov 16, 21:57

I know this is going to sound a bit silly (by those who think war is war, and that is the way you should play with this mod installed), but my only question is...

Q: Can I still play the game being a trader, and build my own empire?

Cheers.

mycroftcanadans
x4

Thanks...

Post by mycroftcanadans » Sat, 26. Nov 16, 01:14

I have to Say this is simply incredible that you are doing this.

Thank You.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Perhaps a Silly Question.

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 26. Nov 16, 02:01

mycroftcanadans wrote:I know this is going to sound a bit silly (by those who think war is war, and that is the way you should play with this mod installed), but my only question is...

Cheers.

You can absolutely continue to just be a trader and build your own empire. You do not have to get involved in any wars, but dont build in devries unless you are strong (because of Reivers and Xenon).

Building in Albion or Omicron Lyrae would be best. There are tons of opportunities for trade ( new stations being built that need resources, new stations being built that will have resources to trade, etc.)

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sat, 26. Nov 16, 11:34

Are Xenon a significant presence in DeVries? I spotted several small fighter and P patrols but nothing more so far.

otto_deluxe
x4

Re: Perhaps a Silly Question.

Post by otto_deluxe » Sat, 26. Nov 16, 11:38

BlackRain wrote:
mycroftcanadans wrote:I know this is going to sound a bit silly (by those who think war is war, and that is the way you should play with this mod installed), but my only question is...

Cheers.

You can absolutely continue to just be a trader and build your own empire. You do not have to get involved in any wars, but dont build in devries unless you are strong (because of Reivers and Xenon).

Building in Albion or Omicron Lyrae would be best. There are tons of opportunities for trade ( new stations being built that need resources, new stations being built that will have resources to trade, etc.)
From my brief experience (30-ish hours) the game works even better as a traden than vanilla, as long as you stick to mostly system trading. Like BlackRain said, Albion and Omicron Lyrae (and Home of Light if you have the DLC) are pretty safe. There is quite some war in Albion from what I saw, but with the exception of the Xenon and Reivers all factions start neutral to you. Even the Heretic Vanguard don't seem to have problems with you iirc. The war just means some build spots might free up, and demand for virtually everything will be high, as there is now a constant resource sink.

The following might be a spoiler, read at your own risk
Spoiler
Show
Just be aware, by default your employees want some money every now and then, but owning sectors gives you tax revenue. So it might be advantageous to build in "Empty Sapce"-Sectors, as those are then claimed by you when you build your first station.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 26. Nov 16, 21:54

mr.WHO wrote:Are Xenon a significant presence in DeVries? I spotted several small fighter and P patrols but nothing more so far.
A few Xenon fleets do go there, if you build in Molten Archon you will see them a lot, some will be passing through, some will stay. I might beef them up a little.

oridian

Post by oridian » Sun, 27. Nov 16, 08:37

So i fixed the station issue, it was another mod i was using... Anywho, another question i had, ive been attempting the xenon start, Big question with that tho, Can you actually build your own stations besides outposts? The main reason im asking, is the xenon shipyard runs out of resources pretty much instantly, i ordered 2 K's to be built at game start, One finished, and then the NPC's started building an I and the shipyard was instantly out of resources at that point... So basically that means not only do i have to pay credits for the ship, i also need to mine the resources it needs to finish a ship... which i wouldn't have an issue with at all if there was some good way to manage Groups of miners... But without a station, its pure aggravation having to issue mining orders to Each and every one, and then manually tell each and every one to sell them to the shipyard.... Meaning it could literally take a couple hours and 100+ manual orders to build One ship... Which honestly xenon ships are pretty garbage in small numbers.. the only way K's are effective is in large groups... I can't see any way to purchase a ship that can actually Build stations for me.. and i imagine capturing a CV or something wouldn't give me the option for xenon stations.. Is there a way to perhaps give the xenon player a werehouse to work with in the beginning? Obviously the shipyard its self would make the xenon start easy i guess.. But at least with a warehouse you could setup your own mining operation thats automated and only have to issue orders to actually sell your ore/gas... Or perhaps im just missing something? I love the idea of playing as the xenon and taking on the entire galaxy, but atm, im just lost on how you could even begin to accomplish anything with what you start with.... Also your combat scripts for xenon I's are a bit wonky, when the I attempts a in-zone jump to get closer to a target, it puts its self waaaay out of range of the target, leaving your K's to get pummeled to death by what ever your fighting.... works perfectly for the K's tho..

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sun, 27. Nov 16, 09:39

BlackRain wrote:
mr.WHO wrote:Are Xenon a significant presence in DeVries? I spotted several small fighter and P patrols but nothing more so far.
A few Xenon fleets do go there, if you build in Molten Archon you will see them a lot, some will be passing through, some will stay. I might beef them up a little.
Does fortifying the DV-OL gate will block all of Xenons? Or does some of them bypass or spawn in DV already?
DoesXenon fleets include "I" or "K" is the worst that should I expect?

Rice
x3tc

Post by Rice » Sun, 27. Nov 16, 12:19

at my game Stray K and I ventures through DV. But yeah you should expect them sometimes to sneackthrough . ever tried to fry a K / I instantly at the gate ? ;)
[ external image ][ external image ][ external image ]
Eine der hoffnungsreichsten Lebenslagen ist die, wenn es uns so schlecht geht, dass es uns nicht mehr schlechter gehen kann. [Felix Krull]

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 27. Nov 16, 15:38

mr.WHO wrote:
BlackRain wrote:
Does fortifying the DV-OL gate will block all of Xenons? Or does some of them bypass or spawn in DV already?
DoesXenon fleets include "I" or "K" is the worst that should I expect?
Ships for factions only spawn in their HQ/home zones. So, no Xenon will ever spawn anywhere but in Maelstrom and only in a home zone. However, it is possible for Xenon to expand into other parts of the universe and eventually build bases that can summon fleets.

So, fortifying the DV-OL gate can certainly stop xenon from moving through depending on how powerful your defenses are.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 27. Nov 16, 15:48

oridian wrote:So i fixed the station issue, it was another mod i was using... Anywho, another question i had, ive been attempting the xenon start, Big question with that tho, Can you actually build your own stations besides outposts? The main reason im asking, is the xenon shipyard runs out of resources pretty much instantly, i ordered 2 K's to be built at game start, One finished, and then the NPC's started building an I and the shipyard was instantly out of resources at that point... So basically that means not only do i have to pay credits for the ship, i also need to mine the resources it needs to finish a ship... which i wouldn't have an issue with at all if there was some good way to manage Groups of miners... But without a station, its pure aggravation having to issue mining orders to Each and every one, and then manually tell each and every one to sell them to the shipyard.... Meaning it could literally take a couple hours and 100+ manual orders to build One ship... Which honestly xenon ships are pretty garbage in small numbers.. the only way K's are effective is in large groups... I can't see any way to purchase a ship that can actually Build stations for me.. and i imagine capturing a CV or something wouldn't give me the option for xenon stations.. Is there a way to perhaps give the xenon player a werehouse to work with in the beginning? Obviously the shipyard its self would make the xenon start easy i guess.. But at least with a warehouse you could setup your own mining operation thats automated and only have to issue orders to actually sell your ore/gas... Or perhaps im just missing something? I love the idea of playing as the xenon and taking on the entire galaxy, but atm, im just lost on how you could even begin to accomplish anything with what you start with.... Also your combat scripts for xenon I's are a bit wonky, when the I attempts a in-zone jump to get closer to a target, it puts its self waaaay out of range of the target, leaving your K's to get pummeled to death by what ever your fighting.... works perfectly for the K's tho..
You can use one of the scripts for auto mining (there are a couple I think).

With that it is easy to set up miners.

As for combat scripts for Xenon I, the Xenon I is a massive ship so it is difficult to have it jump while keeping in mind safe coordinates, etc. However, I never had an issue with this in battle. Try changing your tactics maybe.

kaalund
x4

Post by kaalund » Mon, 28. Nov 16, 14:24

anyway possible to raise numbers of hits before frindly fire activates 4corps the player are in high standing whit... every time i try make war i gonna hit friendly faction and they turn red .. so cap battel its a pain :D

oridian

Post by oridian » Wed, 30. Nov 16, 17:43

kaalund wrote:anyway possible to raise numbers of hits before frindly fire activates 4corps the player are in high standing whit... every time i try make war i gonna hit friendly faction and they turn red .. so cap battel its a pain :D
No doubt, its definitely a issue... It literally happens on every single game i've started... and considering there isn't a "cease fire" command, your reputation with that faction is normally boned before you can even withdraw... even more of a issue if you are siding with a weak faction like the canterans... im sitting there with like 5 behemoths, 7 fulmekrons and 10 harpies.. the second they turn red and start shooting, my fleet murders the shit out of them before i can order them to leave the area.. basically just have to re-load the game to your previous save to avoid it... I went from +23 to -2 in less then 60 seconds in my last fight...wouldn't be a issue if you could simply tell your ships to stop firing.. as long as you don't actually Blow up one of their ships, the rep loss is minimal at best..

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Wed, 30. Nov 16, 18:15

oridian wrote:
kaalund wrote: as long as you don't actually Blow up one of their ships, the rep loss is minimal at best..
in fact there is no permanent rep loss at all unless something is destroyed. except something was changed there by CWIR, but i dont think so..
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

Lord Morpheus
x3tc

Post by Lord Morpheus » Thu, 1. Dec 16, 15:37

Awesome mod, thank you!

kyrah
x4

Post by kyrah » Fri, 2. Dec 16, 16:33

Awesome mod, thank you!

Can we have this mod integrated in the next x game plz. :)

ZacKPloK
x4

Post by ZacKPloK » Mon, 5. Dec 16, 14:54

Really great mod, I just have a few questions/comments.

1. Linux compability. In the Linux thread you said to inform you if it is not working. Well it's not ;) There are still some file names with capitals and also index/macros.xml has capital CWIR paths

2. Long vessel names. Some of the vessels have names which make it impossible to read which sub system is targeted (Response fleet REI Sennin Frigate Vanguard).

3. CWIR and TO. You supply a special file on Nexus and I am not sure for what. Teladi Outpost? Toride? But all DLC are required anyway?

That would be all for now, maybe in a few days some more questions will come up ;)

dido8704
x4

Post by dido8704 » Wed, 7. Dec 16, 03:43

First of all, thanks you all again for your wonderful work immensely.
Now, from CWIR beta 1.6 I cleaned Mailstrom, and I began to build. After some problems with the HV that never wanted to die(peview patchs), now I have problems with the Xenon. Despite the config, I lowered to 1 the Xenon ships for each invasion, I increased the invasion time (min e max), but in every area I have a type I and 3 or 4 type K permanently. I can not leave the system that I lose ships all the time. How can I do?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 7. Dec 16, 12:27

Xenon have to be changed a bit, they are set to die when no power left but if you have DLCs then that affects power too.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”