Replaced manager - losing assigned budget

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

foxxbl
x4

Replaced manager - losing assigned budget

Post by foxxbl » Tue, 17. Jan 17, 22:50

I am replacing my managers with the 5* variants and noticed when I replace station manager that assigned budget is lost.
E.g. I had 40mio credits assigned to the Station manager.
After replacing this manager without setting his budget to 0, the credits are lost and a new manager starts with 0 credits.

Is it a bug or a feature ? :)

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Tue, 17. Jan 17, 23:34

It doesn't sound ideal!

Can you confirm the credits were not transfered to the player account? Also, if using any mods, please list them.

foxxbl
x4

Post by foxxbl » Tue, 17. Jan 17, 23:58

Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:It doesn't sound ideal!

Can you confirm the credits were not transfered to the player account? Also, if using any mods, please list them.
Yes, credits haven't been transferred to the player's account.
Using the following mods:
- Menu Upgrade All 1.01
- Show Skills 0.11

I can disable mods, reload vanilla save from backup and try again the process just to confirm.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Wed, 18. Jan 17, 03:10

Yes, this is how it works. The budget is assigned to the *manager*, not his/her station. Simple workaround: before replacing a manager, clear the budget (ie. take all the money out of the station), then replace the manager, then restore the budget.

I can't remember whether the manager "keeps" money given after being replaced (ie. whether the game remembers a manager's budget balance once unemployed.) If yes, then you may be able to get your millions back by assigning that manager back to that station (and then doing the above to replace the manager again.)

I observed this a long time ago, and I only play vanilla.
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Wed, 18. Jan 17, 03:38

this works only if the manager goes back to he skunk. if thats not the case he is just removed from the game entirely.
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 18. Jan 17, 17:52

I've had fired employees take up residence on my stations in the past. They don't seem to just disappear entirely, unless there's no place for them to go. However, they will 'time out' after a while.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Wed, 18. Jan 17, 18:49

Nanook wrote:I've had fired employees take up residence on my stations in the past. They don't seem to just disappear entirely, unless there's no place for them to go. However, they will 'time out' after a while.
I've had this happen in one specific set of circumstances: when firing them from the Skunk's rear compartment while in space (not docked/landed) in the same zone as any of my stations. I definitely had this happen in DeVries, but I don't think it's specific to that system. In this manner, I ended up with stations with multiple managers, an engineer or five, and all manner of extra "staff" that didn't contribute (the most I saw was 8 or 9, including the legitimate ones.) I was so annoyed by all this, that I didn't wait to see what happens to them - I picked them up and dumped them in inter-zone space :P (took quite a bit of back and forth, as I had accumulated quite a number of such squatters on several stations.)

This is, as far as I'm aware, a known bug.
-
-
-
The Write Stuff

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 18. Jan 17, 20:25

What you call a known bug, I call a useful feature. :wink: When traveling, I like to look for good employees, and this 'bug' allows me to save them on my stations until needed. They don't negatively impact a station because they don't do anything other than sit there, even though they still show up in my employee list for that station. So then, when I need a specific employee, I can simply rehire them from my personal labor pool. :)
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Wed, 18. Jan 17, 20:36

Hahaha - you stick them in fridges on your stations! :D I'm too OCD and paranoid to take advantage of this "feature" - OCD because it upsets my sense of order, having all these extraneous squatters sitting around in the offices etc drinking my staff's coffee, and clogging up my station views and reports; paranoid because I can't help wondering whether their presence is going to break something (I mean in actual game-code execution terms, rather than merely in a figurative and fictional joking manner...)
-
-
-
The Write Stuff

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Thu, 19. Jan 17, 17:08

yes, unfortunately, budged is assigned to manager (smart huh? NOT) , so if you fired your manager now she is probably laughing at you.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”