[Mod] UniTraders Navigation Scripts - Vanilla Replacement

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

[Mod] UniTraders Navigation Scripts - Vanilla Replacement

Post by UniTrader » Tue, 17. Jan 17, 06:16

This Topic is for Feedback and Bugreports for my Navigation Scripts. Since my overall Project is seperated into several Modules i list all Modules required in the Download Section. Some of my other Projects might use one or another Module, too - but the links for each will always point to the same Source.

What these Scripts are about
These Scripts are an alternative for the move.generic, move.park and move.unpark and also supplement the move.follow vanilla Script file with some functionality provided there.
They can do the following things better than Vanilla:
=> Coordination of Movement between Leader and Followers
-> they will jump and Move Simultaneously
-> when passing Gates leader and Followers will wait for each other
=> Jump Gates are passed in a coordinated manner (all Ships enter from its back and exit to the front effectively creating 2 lanes, and sort into a line to pass the Gate)
=> Parking Behavior Optimized: in addition to the overall queue for a Station there is also Waiting Pos for each Docking Position which streamlines the Parking maneuver (each ship flies to the waitng pos while the Park Space is occupied, and can immediately park when the previous Ship unparked. usually this happens before arrival at the wait pos)
=> Idle Behavior improved: during the following times Ships will move forward instead of staing in place, giving more dynamics:
-> Jumpdrive Slow Charge (also includes in vanilla unused slowchare animation)
-> Jumpdrive Charging
-> After Jumpout
=> Workaround for TO DLC: the Big Rock in Verdant Profit is ignored for collision avoidance while passing the Gate, which lessens Nav Issues (NOTE: currently only fully applies to the lead/only Ship - logic regarding that for Followers is in the works)
=> Workaround for HoL DLC: Asteroid Collisions durng Boost result in the Asteroid blowing up. will still result in a slight divertion from Path, but not by much.

Things they cannot do yet:
=> Small Ships are not handled in any way yet (tricky to handle end especially to test properly)
=> Flee Behavior is not included in my Scripts yet, and i didnt look into the results of Vanilla Flee Behavior (which is used tin the presented mod combination) interacting with my Scripts yet
=> No Waiting for Drones (blocking movement in this case is supposed to be the Job of the respective Commander,

Interaction with other Mods
=> Provides an Aditional Expression for Advanced Renaming:
-> $destination => Current Destination Space

Note of Care
These Scripts where extensively tested and optimized by me for a few months by now, but because this replaces the functionality of one of the most elementary Scripts of the Game things might break. I have taken greate care to make this easily removeable by just disabling the Mod/removing the Files though, but please be still careful when using this.

and finally
Download Links (for described functionality all listed Mods are required):
UT CAC Base Navscripts
UT CAC Opt Global Movement Replacement

Github Repo will follow when i have completed the seperation and Testing of all default activte indiviual Modules/Mods i am seperating my Project into.
Last edited by UniTrader on Sun, 22. Jan 17, 22:44, edited 2 times in total.
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Tue, 17. Jan 17, 10:54

Hi Uni

This mod sounds good and hopefully better than what we already have.

With the refueling part which is yet to be sorted have you though of in someway using "iforgotmysocks [MOD] AutoResupply v0.2 4.0/4.1" incorporating it to help.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Tue, 17. Jan 17, 12:24

problem is that the auto-refuel during travel is theorhetically never triggered (it may be if my script aborts for some reason and lets the vanilla code, which is still present as fallback, perform at least one jump, but i am very confident this wont happen) - and your linked script just adds some more functions to the refuel routine, but it afaik doesnt change when its performed. Also i am planning to do the refuel seperately from navigation in my Project so i usually assume enough fuel is present. a pre-travel check might be feasible though

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Tue, 17. Jan 17, 13:02

Ok I just though it mite help or at lease put you in the right direction somehow.

Look forward to finished project that's if i still play this game as after the past weeks i've had crashes, reinstall, and issues that stopping enjoyable gameplay.

Good luck with your mod work.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Wed, 18. Jan 17, 04:14

i just wanted to add Refuel to the Wrapper Script - and noticed i have already included it.. so that point is moot, :D

and i doubt this Project will ever be finished. there are currently 3(4) Parts of it i have released properly*, and i am currently working on makuing a fourth one Release-Ready. (and updating the other one which is quite dated). The Count of Modules of the Overall Project is currently 18, but i have by far not covered all areas i want to change with these.

* so far:
Advanced Renaming (intended to be the Naming Framework for everything i publish)
My Manager Script (quite dated though, and public Version is not split in modules yet)
(als the Architect Script is currently part of it, but i will make that its own module in the end)
and also this one here

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Thu, 19. Jan 17, 17:28

Small Update:

=> Feature: adds new Expression $destination for my Advanced Renaming (results in Destination Cluster, Sector or Zone - Ships and Stations as destination will result in a Zone Name)
=> Fixed: one Debug Output was perma-active
=> Fixed: Vanilla Replacement Mod was inactive by Default

Links still in first Post (didnt change)
Thanks to Marvin Martian for the note about the latter two.

EDIT 2017-01-22: Just fixed one small Issue here where if not applocable the $destination Expression would stay in the Name instead of being removed.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Thu, 2. Feb 17, 20:26

Just uploaded a small Update with some Internal Changes - the Behavior of this Package alone shouldnt change in any way

=> Boost Script: Improved Target Destination for InCluster-Boost with a Sector as Destination (will now use a temp Zone at the Edge of the Destination Sector) (Note: IC Boost not useable with this Package alone)
=> Jump Script: Now Recognizes Jump Beacons which are a Sub-Component of other Objects as valid Jump Destination (Note: JBs as components of other Objects require other Mods, of which afaik none exist yet)
=> Jump Script: Jump Beacons passed as $destination are now properly recognized in auto-type jumps instead of looking for a nearby JB

Links still in first Post (didnt change)

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”