What to do with a Small ship?

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

RainerPrem
x4

What to do with a Small ship?

Post by RainerPrem » Thu, 19. Jan 17, 05:47

Hi,

I took a Mission for a "secret" container, which took me into "empty space". There I also found an ownerless "Orlam", sent a pilot over and shortly after the ship was mine. But: What to do with it? Can it even trade anything?

I'm very early in my first game, and I think I'd be better off selling it. But how? And can I get the pilot back in advance?

cu
Rainer

dholmstr

Post by dholmstr » Thu, 19. Jan 17, 09:20

Sadly most small (S) fighting ships are rubbish in to many ways. There are occasions they might be useful but most the time they just die horribly fast. So yes selling it would be a good option, and no you don't get the pilot back :(

EDIT: Forgot, to sell it contact your local shipdealer and chat with him. There is an option "Sell ship". Then choose from the list what ship to sell.

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Thu, 19. Jan 17, 18:58

Intact small ships (80%+ health) are worthy to claim and sell. Below that, it's not worth it, unless you really need the small change. Damaged ships sell for crap, and they are more expensive to repair than they are worth. I simply blow up most of the fighters abandoned in a dogfight. It gives more chances to get those highly profitable rare engine parts.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 19. Jan 17, 19:39

Don't listen to Ezarkal, especially early in the game. :P You can hire pilots for around 20K, and even fighters with just 20% hull sell for more than 100K. So it's well worth the effort to haul around a couple of pilots to put in captured ships to sell. :)
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Thu, 19. Jan 17, 22:56

I wouldn't say it was worth the effort to haul pilots around, but it's certainly worth it to hire pilots as/when necessary (check skills just in case you want a good one) to claim abandoned ships..
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Fri, 20. Jan 17, 15:47

Nanook wrote:Don't listen to Ezarkal, especially early in the game. :P You can hire pilots for around 20K, and even fighters with just 20% hull sell for more than 100K. So it's well worth the effort to haul around a couple of pilots to put in captured ships to sell. :)
True. I usually start any game with a few lucrative trade missions to give myself a few million credits, but capping fighters is another way. It's fun times ahead anyway.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Warnoise

Post by Warnoise » Thu, 23. Mar 17, 05:46

Snafu_X3 wrote:I wouldn't say it was worth the effort to haul pilots around, but it's certainly worth it to hire pilots as/when necessary (check skills just in case you want a good one) to claim abandoned ships..
Does skill matter for pilots? Either way they will still get demolished in 1 second.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Thu, 23. Mar 17, 08:55

Warnoise wrote:
Snafu_X3 wrote:I wouldn't say it was worth the effort to haul pilots around, but it's certainly worth it to hire pilots as/when necessary (check skills just in case you want a good one) to claim abandoned ships..
Does skill matter for pilots?
Yes.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”