Multi-mod compatability discussion

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Thu, 23. Feb 17, 09:43

Hi socks

Sorry not knocking your mod but I had to stop using this mod as i was having issues with trade ship not moving after assigning them to stations and ordered to transfer wares they just won't do a thing it.

After an extensive trial and error search through all mods i use i found turning off your mod the trade ships did what they were supposed to do go off and trade.

Sorry also i never saw any ship that needed resupplying go off to supply many ships reported cant jump and on checking fuel i still had to order them to refuel sorry your mod is not working for me as i said earlier i just wanted something as we order a shipyard to either repair or restock ammo/drones one click dose all maybe if an added command to the capstan menu etc giving an auto full refit/restock at nearest shipyard or auto trade for items needed.

Still a good mod concept though.

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Thu, 23. Feb 17, 11:25

JESS 246 wrote:Hi socks

Sorry not knocking your mod but I had to stop using this mod as i was having issues with trade ship not moving after assigning them to stations and ordered to transfer wares they just won't do a thing it.

After an extensive trial and error search through all mods i use i found turning off your mod the trade ships did what they were supposed to do go off and trade.

Sorry also i never saw any ship that needed resupplying go off to supply many ships reported cant jump and on checking fuel i still had to order them to refuel sorry your mod is not working for me as i said earlier i just wanted something as we order a shipyard to either repair or restock ammo/drones one click dose all maybe if an added command to the capstan menu etc giving an auto full refit/restock at nearest shipyard or auto trade for items needed.

Still a good mod concept though.
Hmm... this mod doesn't touch ai/trade ship movement in any way. ^^ I can't really see how it should cause a bug there. Would u mind giving me a save?

Also if u don't enable autorefueling for the captain, the ships won't refuel by themselfs. And it isn't part of the mod that ships would supply other ships, i'm not sure where u got that from.

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Thu, 23. Feb 17, 17:24

Firstly with your mod i had no issues before 4.00 and knowing you have updated to coincide with 4.00 + somehow after this patch i'm now having issues maybe it will correct it self in next patch.

I do set the auto refuel on ships but as i have never seen ships go off to refuel unless i order it i decided to use a no jump fuel for cap ships mod i had used in the past but never used it with your mod in fear of conflict.

As for where i got that resupply from it was an extra idea from the trade ware transfer that's already in the ships commands and as either a stand alone mod or part of your mod it would work like this as below and is an idea.

In the Capstan options stats window where you would check the auto refuel with all other info there be two new ones like first box being Auto refit (with 3 sub boxes 10% 20% 30%) "A full repair/restock at given percentage this one the capstan goes off to nearest shipyard for all that's needed" second box being Auto trade "This one with given funds the capstan would trade for items needed via trade ship like stations at anytime".

Now for save file as i use a lot of mods you may not be able t access the save unless you have all mods i use and with out mods the result would not be the same so believe me when i said i did an extensive search of my mods switching on and off mods for over a couple of weeks the only resolve was turning your mod off and the trade ship did their thing with it on they stayed still i too have no idea why if you say the nod dose not deal with trade ai.

And on the trade subject from the very start there have always been a trade or trade ship issues and with each patch they have been good then bad and good again.

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Thu, 23. Feb 17, 18:34

JESS 246 wrote:Firstly with your mod i had no issues before 4.00 and knowing you have updated to coincide with 4.00 + somehow after this patch i'm now having issues maybe it will correct it self in next patch.

I do set the auto refuel on ships but as i have never seen ships go off to refuel unless i order it i decided to use a no jump fuel for cap ships mod i had used in the past but never used it with your mod in fear of conflict.

As for where i got that resupply from it was an extra idea from the trade ware transfer that's already in the ships commands and as either a stand alone mod or part of your mod it would work like this as below and is an idea.

In the Capstan options stats window where you would check the auto refuel with all other info there be two new ones like first box being Auto refit (with 3 sub boxes 10% 20% 30%) "A full repair/restock at given percentage this one the capstan goes off to nearest shipyard for all that's needed" second box being Auto trade "This one with given funds the capstan would trade for items needed via trade ship like stations at anytime".

Now for save file as i use a lot of mods you may not be able t access the save unless you have all mods i use and with out mods the result would not be the same so believe me when i said i did an extensive search of my mods switching on and off mods for over a couple of weeks the only resolve was turning your mod off and the trade ship did their thing with it on they stayed still i too have no idea why if you say the nod dose not deal with trade ai.

And on the trade subject from the very start there have always been a trade or trade ship issues and with each patch they have been good then bad and good again.
1. Mate... this mod wasn't out before 4.0, i have no clue what u are refering to. :/
2. If u have tons of mods enabled, never had ur ships refueling and now when u disable the mod that caused ships not to refuel and it causes issues with ur game, then it was another mod invovled that broke ur game.
3. How old is ur savegame?
4. This mod does not in any way change ai behaviour or movement of trade ships. At all.
5. A savegame would still help determine what the issue could be.

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Thu, 23. Feb 17, 22:25

Sorry Socks i ment befor 4.10 rc1 it was working fine before that but as i said trade ships didn't move after 4.10 rc1 and turning off the mod they move and at this time i'm going over checking again all mods and trying your mod on it's own.

As for the save i already have overridden that save before posting my result hence why i'm going over checking again.

It may not be your mod but as said mod on no trade ships move off they move this effect only ones assigned to stations and those ordered to transfer wares other methods they are fine.

At present this mod don't work for me and as described in earlier posts it's not as i would have liked it's handy yes but as i said sending a ship to a shipyard one click order all full refitting/stock adding an option like that to shipyards would be a great help.

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Sat, 25. Feb 17, 01:34

JESS 246 wrote:Sorry Socks i ment befor 4.10 rc1 it was working fine before that but as i said trade ships didn't move after 4.10 rc1 and turning off the mod they move and at this time i'm going over checking again all mods and trying your mod on it's own.

As for the save i already have overridden that save before posting my result hence why i'm going over checking again.

It may not be your mod but as said mod on no trade ships move off they move this effect only ones assigned to stations and those ordered to transfer wares other methods they are fine.

At present this mod don't work for me and as described in earlier posts it's not as i would have liked it's handy yes but as i said sending a ship to a shipyard one click order all full refitting/stock adding an option like that to shipyards would be a great help.
And i'm gonna tell you again, you are the only one experiencing those issues which CAN NOT be caused by this mod. Nothing happens in this script until a ship is docked at the refuelstation. Absolutely nothing. Once it docks the only thing that happens is that drones get added eventually. Nothing touches shipmovement or ai in any way.

Your problems can be caused by bugs appearing in a very old savegame or when using alot mods in the past as mods can cause damage in savegames, even when disabled afterwards.

I suspect ur problems start to appear once u disable ur nojumpfuel mod.
Something must have broken ur save related to shipmovement in the past.

Sadly u refuse to answer my questions and u won't follow my tipps to find the problem, even though it is not related to this mod, so there is really nothing i can do.

I told you twice now that i'm not going to adress shipyards themselfs with this mod, if you're unhappy with it, don't use it.

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Sat, 25. Feb 17, 05:02

Sorry Socks but after a a total uninstall as well as all residue elements of the game including all saves and reinstall of the game and all mods except a few that were no longer needed including nojumpfuel mod i started to get this issue and why ho why if i say it was working fine in 4.00 and not after 4.10 rc1 it was not and after a intensive testing all mods and leaving yours off all well do you not believe me i'm not a liar or a kid that dose not know a thing and if i have an issues and in the mode to report it i do so after i've tried everything i can.

I had an issues and resolved it at your mods expense i'm sorry about that but as i said i'm not knocking your mod and this issue may resolve it self after the next patch update.

As for a old saves i renew via playing and in gameplay i hit the win key bring up the save file and delete all saves do a quick file clean and bring up the game and save and after every patch i also uninstall do a defrag and disc clean and reinstall all.

I'm still about a third way through a recheck mod testing just to either confirm or dismiss you mod as the issue yes i may be the only one having this and i only posted my issue as in good faith.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”