[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Tue, 21. Feb 17, 16:51

Fun-X wrote:If a trade station is destroyed, does the NPC rebuild it?

What about something like OTAS headquarters in Legends End?

The pirates took Legends End, and I would have to destroy the OTAS headquarters to take the sector and give it back to the Argons.

I seem to have a lot of sectors that have been wiped out that do not have any stations in them.

If I take a sector and give it to another race, will that race build there?
If the AI faction conquer the sector themselves, they would rebuild the sector (not to the original layout, however).
If they are given the sector, they take their time rebuilding it, if at all.
That's my observation, was not looking at the codes at all.

For important stations, klike Otas HQ, Duke Haven etc,..., they will be rebuilt elsewhere. You would be notified of the new building with the message "New Corporation starts ....".
Last edited by VincentTH on Tue, 21. Feb 17, 19:59, edited 1 time in total.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Tue, 21. Feb 17, 17:30

ItsMeAUsername wrote:Given all the available options, and emphasis in Mayhem on empire building, I was curious what tools you guys use for what purposes? By tools i essentially mean, how do you control your ships, what aspects do you automate (and how) and which tools/scripts or parts thereof do you use (e.g. MLCC, ADS, wings/fleets, etc.)?

I never got into the habit of using ADS during earlier campaigns (LU, Mayhem 1). I seem to recall using MLCC, but just to have a few M2s jump in right in front of the enemy fleets. Now with running Mayhem 2 it seems useful to me to expand my tactics a bit - right?! What do you recommend?
The cost of IDN is high, as are Dock Agents, as both require Station Agent SW. I think the authors wanted us to use Mobile Mining, because you can craft SA SW from crystals).

Jonzac
x3tc

Post by Jonzac » Wed, 22. Feb 17, 05:43

VincentTH wrote:
ItsMeAUsername wrote:Given all the available options, and emphasis in Mayhem on empire building, I was curious what tools you guys use for what purposes? By tools i essentially mean, how do you control your ships, what aspects do you automate (and how) and which tools/scripts or parts thereof do you use (e.g. MLCC, ADS, wings/fleets, etc.)?

I never got into the habit of using ADS during earlier campaigns (LU, Mayhem 1). I seem to recall using MLCC, but just to have a few M2s jump in right in front of the enemy fleets. Now with running Mayhem 2 it seems useful to me to expand my tactics a bit - right?! What do you recommend?
The cost of IDN is high, as are Dock Agents, as both require Station Agent SW. I think the authors wanted us to use Mobile Mining, because you can craft SA SW from crystals).
I agree, or at least he gave it as a viable way to produce your upgrades without having to make friends. Frankly, I buy them at first until I can get a good TL and 50 miners working in Unknown Alpha.

Jonzac
x3tc

Post by Jonzac » Thu, 23. Feb 17, 03:41

Quick question or potential bug.

Just had the OCV claim Geste Fune and a Xenon Shipyard spawn. Also they destroyed the argon stations but left the others alone and the iron trading post went red even though my rep is at 6 with them.
I

Jonzac
x3tc

Post by Jonzac » Thu, 23. Feb 17, 17:22

Quick question Joubarbe.

I would like to change the production of the SSP XLs. I don't ant to change there production cycle to 240 seconds instead of 215. And I erase the amount of ecells from 5535 to 6200 (so the total ecells per hour is unchanged).

This way two crystal tabs will support one SSP instead of needeing three.

So which file controls that function. It's not TFactories nor any of the ware files. There is no equivalent of hq.pck for factories.

Any help would be appreciated

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Thu, 23. Feb 17, 21:21

Jonzac wrote:Quick question Joubarbe.

I would like to change the production of the SSP XLs. I don't ant to change there production cycle to 240 seconds instead of 215. And I erase the amount of ecells from 5535 to 6200 (so the total ecells per hour is unchanged).

This way two crystal tabs will support one SSP instead of needeing three.

So which file controls that function. It's not TFactories nor any of the ware files. There is no equivalent of hq.pck for factories.

Any help would be appreciated
I assume you mean 150% Sun? The output of the SPP depends on the Sun exposure of the sector..

SPP in Leap Of Faith would need 3.06 Crystal fabs with current production rate.

Jonzac
x3tc

Post by Jonzac » Fri, 24. Feb 17, 01:03

VincentTH,

Yes at 150%, but it shouldn't matter if you sync up the production cycles of the SSP and the Crystal Fabs. Right now the SSPs are at 3:35 and the Crystal Fabs at 4:00, that difference is what the problem is.

I would like to change them to sync, much like Cattle Ranch to Cahoonas do.

I've changed the hq.pck for a Terran game in the past, but for the life of my I cant find the production cycle time in any script or CAT/DAT file.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Fri, 24. Feb 17, 02:11

Jonzac wrote:VincentTH,

Yes at 150%, but it shouldn't matter if you sync up the production cycles of the SSP and the Crystal Fabs. Right now the SSPs are at 3:35 and the Crystal Fabs at 4:00, that difference is what the problem is.

I would like to change them to sync, much like Cattle Ranch to Cahoonas do.

I've changed the hq.pck for a Terran game in the past, but for the life of my I cant find the production cycle time in any script or CAT/DAT file.
I don't know if you get the point of my post. The change you proposed only works for 150% Sun sectors. For 300% Sun sector (Z-Alpha) and 350% Sun Leap Of Faith, the numbers will be off, and the same would apply to 100% Sun sectors.
The point being, there may not be fixed production numbers in the data files, for SPPs that is, because the production data of SPPs use a formula that takes into account the Sun exposure.
Last edited by VincentTH on Fri, 24. Feb 17, 06:17, edited 1 time in total.

Jonzac
x3tc

Post by Jonzac » Fri, 24. Feb 17, 06:17

ahhh....I get what your saying and that is true, but the engineer in me says there should be a "standard" to plan to. Right now the majority of sectors are at 150%, so I would 'calibrate' the cycles to match that.

Of course it may not be possible, but I'd like to try. It may not be for everyone, but that's why modding a single person game is SO AWESOME!

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sat, 25. Feb 17, 23:26

Need help getting rid of NPC freighters parked at my station.
I have changed to allow NPC from No to Yes, back to no, change prices low /high, have excess products for him to buy, but the OTAS Bio Freighter would not leave my station for me to disassemble it!!!!

Any tips, TIA!!!

tearing

Post by tearing » Sun, 26. Feb 17, 08:26

there is a script to do that somewhere. i think it will work with mayhem(or litcube)

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=222696

you need to do a little "adjustment" though

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 26. Feb 17, 10:23

Version 2.08 (26/02/2017)

Instructions: overwrite files. No need to update .cat/.dat files.
  • FIX: Asteroid collisions with player mines. EI files updated.
  • FIX: Blueprint market (was only showing Argon ships).
  • FIX: Player stations did not have default shields (they had more).
  • FIX: All ships are properly undocked when you disassemble one of your stations.
Also, the mod archives are now in .zip format and the link to Mayhem 1 has been fixed.

tearing

Post by tearing » Sun, 26. Feb 17, 10:27

holy shit.
that was quick.

anyway can you randomize main sector's stats?
things like max population, research, max station

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 26. Feb 17, 10:39

tearing wrote:holy shit.
that was quick.

anyway can you randomize main sector's stats?
things like max population, research, max station
Mayhem.GenerateSectorStats.xml

tearing

Post by tearing » Sun, 26. Feb 17, 14:09

so it was there after all this time.

stupid me, i cant find it.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sun, 26. Feb 17, 17:20

Joubarbe wrote:Version 2.08 (26/02/2017)

Instructions: overwrite files. No need to update .cat/.dat files.
  • FIX: Asteroid collisions with player mines. EI files updated.
  • FIX: Blueprint market (was only showing Argon ships).
  • FIX: Player stations did not have default shields (they had more).
  • FIX: All ships are properly undocked when you disassemble one of your stations.
Also, the mod archives are now in .zip format and the link to Mayhem 1 has been fixed.
Wow, that is great! Thanks for this wonderful mod, and constant support for it!!!!

Jonzac
x3tc

Post by Jonzac » Tue, 28. Feb 17, 02:20

is anyone else getting a corrupted game with the 2.08 upgrade? My game freezes just 30 seconds or so after the last save. I played with 2.08 all night, but now the save I had freezes.

Any ideas?

The Cuban Nightmare
x3

Post by The Cuban Nightmare » Tue, 28. Feb 17, 03:51

I just wanted to say that is is an excellent mod and really forces you to change the way you think about things. I managed to get a small operation up in my core sector, but am a bit daunted on how best to expand. It seems that the key thing will be get a nearly self sustaining set of sector up as soon as possible, but I foresee lots of trouble with the infrastructure needed for SPP. How do you recommend building out your first sectors and how do you guys handle moving resources from distant sectors?

At first blush, it seems that each of my sectors should become self sustaining using the Plutarch asteroid gear, but it does feel like you'll have a ton of trouble keeping the SPP running. Do you guys just buy crystals? I'd also like to keep a minimum stock on my sanctuaries, but don't seem to be able to find a way to do that.

Thanks again and congrats on a great mod!
I'm your worst nightmare....

Apocalypse Incorporated; destroying a planet near you!

Jonzac
x3tc

Post by Jonzac » Tue, 28. Feb 17, 04:15

You can't build a self sustaining sector. It takes 7 factories to build support for just one SSP So you can't Corbin a lot of extra factories after that.

The Cuban Nightmare
x3

Post by The Cuban Nightmare » Tue, 28. Feb 17, 04:24

Got it, so what would you recommend then? I feel the first sector can focus on station building resources and then import crystals and the second sector could then help with ship resources.

Also, how aggressive are the first raids? I want to blitz to grab an unoccupied sector, but the cascade of decreasing rep feels like a big risk to me getting wiped out early.
I'm your worst nightmare....

Apocalypse Incorporated; destroying a planet near you!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”