Map Opacity options

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Hellblazer
x3ap

Map Opacity options

Post by Hellblazer » Fri, 14. Apr 17, 11:28

Isn't there a way to control the map opacity option example for the sector map when you're using the sector camera?

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 14. Apr 17, 12:51

No idea.

Why do you ask? Building stations, perhaps?
You are aware of the Adv.Sat.-depending object silhouettes on the map aka Video feed -mode?
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Blitz4
x4

Post by Blitz4 » Wed, 26. Apr 17, 06:16

Sector map, Asset List, and even the Universe map. 3 windows that need a transparency option or the ability to have the window open off-center permanently. You're always staring at them and they take away from being immersed in the Universe.

Plus sometimes you don't even want the full-sector map, you want to see a list of known objects in Sector, whether that be Stations/Gates, Ships, or maybe just dropped containers, unclaimed/abandoned ships, active missiles in space, missiles targeting your ships, ships targeting your ships, unscanned asteroids sorted by distance from your ship...
Ever seen EVE Online's overview? If not, take a look at what's been done before and how you can customize everything: (5min video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45mcrQEaZrQ )

I think a in-your-face sector map, as it is, seems more useful for RTS games and not sim/sandbox games. In Homeworld Remastered, 95% of the time I'm using that Tactical Overlay so I can command hundreds of green triangles/squares/diamonds and out maneuver the red triangles/squares/diamonds, the 5% of the game when there's no hostiles I get to see the beauty of it.

Granted if you have hundreds of ships in system, the sector map, as it is, seems to be worth its weight in gold. My MouseButton #4 (directly under my thumb) is bound to Sector Map and Shift+MouseButton #4 is rotate Sector Map (aka INSERT).

What really sucks for immersion, you can't engage Autopilot without a target. If I want to fly forward forever and use autopilot to avoid any rocks/traffic, I can't without a target. So you have to keep the Sector Map up at all times when exploring new systems, double click where you want to go, since that's so boring, optimize that with 10x SETA and a fully upgraded Kestrel. Luckily you can barely make out the reticle in the sector map, so you have a split second to stop or avoid any obstacle in your way.

Hah, so yea, that autopilot inability to avoid kamikaze, that everyone complains about, actually keeps me more engaged when doing manual exploration. At the bottom of Litcube's GUI page , you can see different color options somewhat make out the aiming reticle. Certain colors make the reticle easier to see, but it's still not enough. Turning up the gamma could help.
http://litcube.xtimelines.net/wiki/inde ... eature_GUI

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”