Sector Planner v1.5 - NOW RELEASED (1 October 2005)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

LordSuch
x3

Post by LordSuch » Fri, 30. Apr 04, 21:07

Sector Planner v1.2 released

It contains the following new features:
i) Now prompted for resource prices when adding a new station (you can cancel out if you don't want to set prices yet).
ii) Shortcut keys for factory roster, station price calculator and greatest needs calculator (F2-F4 respectively).
iii) Hitting escape on the search results will now return you to the Find dialog so that it is easier to perform multiple searches.

Also the following bug fixes are included:
i) The scroll bar now goes to the maximum value in the resource price dialogs (station calc and setting stations buy / sell costs) - Apparently Microsoft describes the behaviour that caused this as a "feature".
ii) Station calc no longer starts with the product set to 0 selling price.
iii) If a station was set to have a zero selling this is now correctly displayed when the prices are edited again.

As usual you can download it from:

http://lordsuch.does.it/
OR
http://www.lagerchurch.com/lordsuch/

Unless there are any show stopping bugs, I will be leaving the development of Sector Planner for a week or so (mainly so I can actually play some X2!).

I would like your feedback and suggestions for features as I'm clean out of ideas for further development.

Cheers

LS
Last edited by LordSuch on Mon, 28. Mar 05, 03:25, edited 1 time in total.

Grey Mark
x3

Post by Grey Mark » Sat, 1. May 04, 08:51

Great!

Thanks for the effort, I would have liked to do something like Sector Planner, but don't have either the time or the skills.

Personaly I would like to be able to print some/all of the info, but may have to sneak a new computer or laptop into the house, so that I can check stuff while in X2. (Don't like the switching method, as it always looks as if it is going to ctd or something).

The manual is also a bonus and very welcome.

Darkhold
x4

Post by Darkhold » Sat, 1. May 04, 09:34

The manual is also a bonus and very welcome.
Glad to see someone is reading it. :D

X-it
x3

Post by X-it » Sat, 1. May 04, 12:57

Great work - both of you!

Well since everything I've requested so far have been implemented, I would very much like:

- A feature that can predict next weeks lotto numbers here in Norway.

- The ability to connect my vacuum cleaner to the USB port of the PC, and then it would be able to perform what an average housemaid is cabable of - including cleaning the windows and make dinner.

- Keyboard shortcuts for taking out the garbage, bringing in the newspaper and explaining the meaning of life.

Seriously - I don't think I've seen any program being updated so quickly before. Thank you very much again for this wonder! :)

Regards,

X-it

LordSuch
x3

Post by LordSuch » Sat, 1. May 04, 13:09

Grey Mark wrote: Personaly I would like to be able to print some/all of the info...
The printing option is definitely being considered at the moment. Over the next week I want to collect suggestions from the users of Sector Planner on what they would like to see in the next release.

So please let me have your suggestions....

Cheers

LS

X-it
x3

Post by X-it » Sat, 1. May 04, 13:25

On a more serious note than my silly last one (currently reading Hitchhikers Guide to The Galaxy.. :roll:) :

Would it be possible to have symbols/letters in the sectory map if the sector contains shipyards, equipment docks, docks and pirate bases - like some of the other maps available? And the ability to print this out? Would be great for destroyed/respawned pirate bases etc.

X-it

Grey Mark
x3

Post by Grey Mark » Sat, 1. May 04, 17:40

Would it be possible to move the system cursor(???) by selecting a system name in the greatest needs screen and maybe some of the others? It would be usefull to locate the surrounding sectors.

Another sugestion. When entering a new player fac, is it possible that the add player station function could auto close when the price selector is closed. Not useful if entering a loop into one system though....maybe it could be a "have you finished in this sector" button.

Krevel
x3

Post by Krevel » Sun, 2. May 04, 00:06

Just a bump for all you who haven't realized what a great utility this is.
There are two things we know are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. And we're not sure about the universe.

Tapsa
x3tc

Post by Tapsa » Sun, 2. May 04, 09:09

I have one feature request: Would it be possible to show the results of the find resource command on the map? For example there could be an icon or something in every sector that has a station that sells or buys the product. Perhaps one icon for a dock and another for a factory? This could be an option as a checkbox in the results windows, and the icons would be cleared out when the result window is closed?

This would be very helpful when looking for a good sector for the rarer factories like satellite or drone fabs.

The_Abyss
x3

Post by The_Abyss » Sun, 2. May 04, 09:16

NB - added this great post and feature to the Ultimate Guide for Everything sticky thread.
Strung out on Britain's high, hitting an all time low

Darkhold
x4

Post by Darkhold » Sun, 2. May 04, 09:24

LordSuch,
Wow this is the closest I'll ever get to fame
No you got another step.
The_Abyss,
NB - added this great post and feature to the Ultimate Guide for Everything sticky thread.
NOW you're as close as you'll get to fame. :P

BlackRazor
x4

Post by BlackRazor » Sun, 2. May 04, 19:08

LordSuch wrote: So please let me have your suggestions....

Cheers

LS
I'd say an important feature would be to add icons on the sectors sqaures in the map so that you know where important docks are, like in this map: http://www.hrh1000.com/x2/pics/X2MapUnspoiled200.jpg

It should have Trading Docks, Shipyards, Wharfs (and their equivalent for the other races) and perhaps Pirate Bases. It would be very cool if you could toggle this icons on and off with a checkbox.

Ciao.

P.S: thanks for this invaluable tool :D
"For the love of the Fish-Queen!"

Doringo

Post by Doringo » Sun, 2. May 04, 19:45

I noticed one discreprancy(sp?) in Akeela's Beacon; it has 450% sunlight, not 250.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

LordSuch
x3

Post by LordSuch » Tue, 4. May 04, 00:20

Doringo wrote:I noticed one discreprancy(sp?) in Akeela's Beacon; it has 450% sunlight, not 250.
Thanks, I am aware of this, there are also a couple of other sectors where the sun level is incorrect (although they escape me atm). I will look into correcting this.
BlackRazor wrote:It should have Trading Docks, Shipyards, Wharfs (and their equivalent for the other races) and perhaps Pirate Bases. It would be very cool if you could toggle this icons on and off with a checkbox.
This has been quite a popular request, so I'll see what we can do.

Cheers for your feedback.

LS

The NME
x4

Dot NET Thingy

Post by The NME » Tue, 4. May 04, 10:06

I would love to use this facility.
Utopia's spreadsheet was so useful, that to have updated and upgraded is too good an opportunity to miss.

HOWEVER, it needs this dot net thingy, which I just can't get to work.
I go to the microsoft download page link which your installer sends me to.
I download this as well, run it and an installer runs. It says close this box, and another installer will run for you, BUT IT NEVER DOES :evil:

Can anybody help me with this dilema :? :?:

PS This should bump this back to the top, where it deserves to be.
RIP PJK - Gone but not forgotten
The lessons you taught will be forever remembered
The master is remembered by many padowans

proteus2
x4

Post by proteus2 » Tue, 4. May 04, 16:50

Back to page one you go . .

*bump*

Brilliant piece of work.

Cudos, respect, canine testicles and bo yacka to you. Your Kung Fu is better than my Kung Fu.

Rastar oil in Paranid space huh?, I got a busy night ahead of me....
Sig? What sig?

LordSuch
x3

Re: Dot NET Thingy

Post by LordSuch » Tue, 4. May 04, 21:13

The NME wrote: HOWEVER, it needs this dot net thingy, which I just can't get to work.
I go to the microsoft download page link which your installer sends me to.
I download this as well, run it and an installer runs. It says close this box, and another installer will run for you, BUT IT NEVER DOES :evil:

Can anybody help me with this dilema :? :?:
NME,

i) Download the .Net framework v1.1 from HERE.
ii) Install the .Net framework
-> Probably have to reboot.
iii) Download Sector Planner from:
http://lordsuch.does.it/
OR
http://www.lagerchurch.com/lordsuch/
iv) Install sector planner:
-> If you downloaded the zip file, extract the .msi file first (i.e. to your desktop) and then run the msi.
-> If you downloaded the msi (from i.i1asphost.com) then just run the msi.

If you still have problems, please let me know (also what operating system you're using etc.)

HTH

LS
Last edited by LordSuch on Mon, 3. Oct 05, 00:24, edited 1 time in total.

The NME
x4

Kudos, and Repect

Post by The NME » Thu, 6. May 04, 22:22

Not only for this wonderful tool, but also for answering and helping out on my dot net thingy problem.

I cannot thank you enough for both.

One silly question though.
I set up my silicon mines some time ago. How do I find out the yeilds for them?

ALSO - For any moderators out there - Use your influence, and see if you can get the development teams out there to help Lord Such develop an interigation tool to talk to the save game files of X2

PS **** BUMP ****
RIP PJK - Gone but not forgotten
The lessons you taught will be forever remembered
The master is remembered by many padowans

Charon_A

Post by Charon_A » Thu, 6. May 04, 22:39

Just wanted to thank Lord Such for this program and for his reply to my e-mail :)

Great and helpful work! Keep it up!

Andrey

LordSuch
x3

Re: Kudos, and Repect

Post by LordSuch » Fri, 7. May 04, 13:26

The NME wrote:One silly question though.
I set up my silicon mines some time ago. How do I find out the yeilds for them?
Its a not so silly question as there is no direct way to find the yield of an asteroid after you have build a mine on it.

However you can work it out - I hope you have a calculator handy.

i) Work out the time it takes your mine to produce one product in seconds. I.e. if it produces 2 products in 3 minutes, each product takes 90 seconds to produce. Lets call this "prod_time".

ii) If the mine is a silicon mine:
yield = (96 / prod_time) * 25

iii) If the mine is an ore mine:
yield = (24 / prod_time) * 25

HTH

LS

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”