Sector Planner v1.5 - NOW RELEASED (1 October 2005)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

slartibartfas
x2

Re: SectorPlanner - Reading the Savegames

Post by slartibartfas » Wed, 27. Oct 04, 02:05

Logaan wrote:
slartibartfas wrote:I should be able to at least program an interface for you that extracts
station details and puts them into an interface file.
Well ive been looking into a script that will create a report on your empire, however, im stuck since you cant get the player ranks through scripting.

So if you want, I could modify it to create a log of every station, that could be translated for use with the sector planner. PM me if ur intrested

Sounds exactly like what I had in mind :0)

Haven't heard anything from Lordsuch yet, but I'm definitely interested.
(Sorry this isnt PM, my mail client went out to lunch a couple of days ago,
haven't seen it since :| )

Thx for your help!
Slartibartfas

Logaan
x4

Post by Logaan » Wed, 27. Oct 04, 09:24

Good :)

PM = Private Messaging, you can do it through the forum

LordSuch
x3

Post by LordSuch » Fri, 5. Nov 04, 13:18

Guys & Gals,

Just a quick note to say that I haven't fallen of the face of the planet (well not quite)!

I haven't had the time to do any development for the past 6 weeks or so, also I have been lacking development software....

However I should be able to spend a little time on things over the next several weeks, so I will look into correcting the issues that have come up over the last month or so and adding some new features.

I might even get a chance to play v1.4 which I haven't up till now....

Cheers

LS

JungleJim
x3

Post by JungleJim » Fri, 5. Nov 04, 16:29

LordSuch,

It makes me sad to think that the author of a tool as valuable as Sector Planner hasn't had a chance to play v1.4 yet :( . I hope you get a chance to play a bit before you start working on any other tools!
Be seeing you,

[ external image ]

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Fri, 5. Nov 04, 17:25

It could be considered sad to have not had the chance to play but there are things that make this kind of work more rewarding. The fact that it's your own project and quite unique can make something like this more exciting and rewarding than playing the game.

On the other hand of course, he might be desparate to play the game but feel he owes the work to the community. In which case, LordSuch, get back in front of your computer and get playing, we can wait. That's not such a ludicrous feeling as it may at first sound. Once you've created something that people like and have taken the time to suggest improvements, you feel under pressure to deliver. It can be tough to remember that you're largely doing it for yourself and don't owe the rest of us anything.

Phew, I never knew I felt that way. Guess I still had some issues to sort out left over from UTOPIA. :wink:
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

gatsby
x2

Post by gatsby » Thu, 16. Dec 04, 01:02

LordSuch- I read in another post a few days ago that a savegame to Sector Planner conversion program had been written for use in SP 1.4, and am curious as to if there is still a 1.4 in the works...been awhile since hearing anything new.

I still use SP but my empire has rapidly burgeoned to the point that switching in and out everytime is somewhat tedious; a savegame feature would really be a great boon.

If RL makes this improbable anytime soon that's certainly understandable, just wondering if I should continue waiting with bated breath. Thanks for the great program

G-

Btw...you have had to chance to play 1.4 by now, right? Hope so for your sake! Having a blast here. :)

Aye Capn
x3tc

Post by Aye Capn » Tue, 28. Dec 04, 06:07

LordSuch: Hey, back during the X-tension days I wrote a spreadsheet called "Resource Map" which produced a visual representation of the UTOPIA database.

It showed all the sectors, like your map, but instead of doing an analysis of all products for a single sector it did a single product analysis for all sectors.

You would "dial in" something like, say, 1 MW shields, and on the map would appear, in each sector, the supply or demand for that product.

A concentration of positive numbers (excess demand) in a particular region would mark a good spot for a factory of that type. (Your signs are opposite UTOPIA's, so demand on your map would be a cluster of negative numbers.)

Looking at the old X-tension map I can see that Rolk's Legacy gives me a solid 2-jump-radius demand of 1 unit for 1 MW shields with no competition, and that there's a "secondary ring" of 2/3 extra demand from 4-5 jumps away, because they have no supplier, either. "Ianamus Zura" in particular is a captive audience, as it is blockaded on the other side by Xenon (not that there are 1 MW shields for sale that way, anyhow).

Of course you've already thought of that: your "Greatest Needs" calculator expresses the concept in database format. If you posted a chosen product's supply or demand onto your sector display, you'd have a visual representation as well.

Did you happen to see "Resource Map", and would it be possible to reproduce that style of output on your map? (The sector display seems static except for the blue border showing the selected sector -- would making it dynamic be too difficult a design change?)

Great work on the Sector Planner, by the way. Very nice! Top-notch interface!

LordSuch
x3

Post by LordSuch » Sat, 19. Feb 05, 14:52

Sector Planner v1.4 released

I have finally been released from my shackles of DIY and have had some time to update sector planner. With any luck I might actually be able to play 1.4 before long!

I have added the following functionality / bug fixes

i) Removed "broken gates" from sector planner
ii) Fixed energy output for NPC SPPs (4.33)
iii) Data derived from X2 1.4 game files.
iv) Added support to import factory data from Logaan's statistics script (http://www.egosoft.com/x2/forum/viewtopic.php?t=68981)
v) Source data drawn from X2 v1.4

NOTE: There is no current support for player equipment dock / trading stations as I don't know the impact on the ecconomy as I still haven't played 1.4.

The general view on output of NPC SPP's seem to be about 4 1/3 so this is the value I have used, however I have not compared this value to the in game experience - should this need changing, please let me know.

As usual you can download it from: (you might need to ctrl-F5 to force a full refresh to see the new page with V1.4 on it).

http://www.lagerchurch.com/lordsuch/

As usual any questions, comments or bugs, please let me know.

Cheers

LS
Last edited by LordSuch on Sun, 2. Oct 05, 13:58, edited 2 times in total.

Logaan
x4

Post by Logaan » Sat, 19. Feb 05, 17:42

:thumb_up: :thumb_up: :thumb_up: :thumb_up: :thumb_up:

Absolutely brilliant as usual :D

JungleJim
x3

Post by JungleJim » Sat, 19. Feb 05, 18:06

LordSuch,

Glad to hear that you're back. I'll very much enjoy using your new Sector Planner but it could have waited until you had a chance to play v1.4!

My impression of the Player EqD & Trading Stations is that they do not consume any resources. They are purely trading posts which the player uses to buy & sell resources. Therefore, they should not impact the actual resource production & consumption at all. They work a bit more like MkIII traders in that they help in resource distribution.
Be seeing you,

[ external image ]

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Sun, 20. Feb 05, 00:40

First off, thanks very much for the new release, much appreciated...

I use Logaan's statistics script, and seem to be getting an error when I try to import the txt file into the sector planner and then a very funny effect happening...

When I import the txt file I get a window pop up which has the following;

"ERROR: Sector found where not expected: (null)

This little window pops up 8 times...

Then when I view all the sectors on the map, I find that the importer has put all my stations into 3 sectors only (where-as they should be spread out over 10 different sectors).

I searched the TXT file for "null" and took that line out, however that still didn't make any difference, I still got the 8 errors and all the stations were put into 3 sectors...

Any ideas??
Link to the list of Mods working in X4-Foundations and also Link to the list of Mods working in X-Rebirth

NOTE: I play with a modded game, so any reports I make outlining suggestions/problems/bugs/annoyances, are made with mods installed and running.

Stu Austin
x4

Post by Stu Austin » Sun, 20. Feb 05, 02:10

I've downloaded SP 1.4, installed it, downloaded the NET Frame thingy and then I bring up SP 1.4 and where do I go from there? Do I leave it running and bring up X2 and start playing (when I bring up X2, how do I access SP 1.4)? I went through about every post to get info but still am so lost. :o

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Sun, 20. Feb 05, 05:52

The way I do it is have Sector Planner on a different computer away from X2... - I would presume that you could also use 2 monitors on the 1 computer to get the same effect :)
Link to the list of Mods working in X4-Foundations and also Link to the list of Mods working in X-Rebirth

NOTE: I play with a modded game, so any reports I make outlining suggestions/problems/bugs/annoyances, are made with mods installed and running.

LordSuch
x3

Post by LordSuch » Sun, 20. Feb 05, 06:33

Wanderer

Please email me the log file, then I can have a look at it. The "(null)" is just a diagnostic term, so don't worry about it!

Unfortunately, I haven't played X2 for 6 months, so I have had only a couple of logfiles to test with...

My email is on the website....

Cheers

LS

LordSuch
x3

Post by LordSuch » Mon, 21. Feb 05, 00:30

Wanderer,

I have had a chat with Logaan and there is a problem with the log file you sent me - i.e. the file is invalid.

Are you running a mod?

Have you hand edited the file?

Basically, there is a figure that states the number of stations in a sector and in your log file it does not correlate with the actual number of stations - this is what is causing the error.

Any further problems, please let me know.

Cheers,

LS

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Mon, 21. Feb 05, 00:47

Hmmm no I haven't edited the TXT file I sent you at all...

As I said in Logaans thread here is what I have installed....

I run all the signed scripts as well as the flagship unsigned script and the fast bullet FX/no modified mod..
The flagship script I installed after having yours on for quite a while, so that can't be causing any problems.

Logaan said in his thread that he checked some log files earlier and mine is not the only log file that generates the errors, so at lleast I not alone :)

Logaan
x4

Post by Logaan » Mon, 21. Feb 05, 00:55

LordSuch wrote:Basically, there is a figure that states the number of stations in a sector and in your log file it does not correlate with the actual number of stations - this is what is causing the error.
My PHP script doesnt actually use that number anymore but I know what is effecting it, I had to make it retrieve all stations from the sector so that number is not the number of Player stations, its the number of total Stations in that sector :oops:

Ill change that ASAP.

Verärgert
x3

Post by Verärgert » Mon, 21. Feb 05, 09:17

Hi

I just tried the logaan value script and I also get an error (NULL)

Does anyone have an updated version of sector planner that corrects this.

:?

Sector planer is a nice bit of kit but i don't want to have to add all my stations manually or restart.

Logaan
x4

Post by Logaan » Mon, 21. Feb 05, 09:24

Its not the sector planner its the script, as I dont have College today I will sort it out now

EDIT: Ok Ive patched it, you need to download it again and copy the logaan.companyvalue.xml file into the scripts folder

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Mon, 21. Feb 05, 10:39

Thank you very much for your time in figuring this out guys.. - Copied the new script in and everything works perfectly now the TXT file loads into Sector Planner now with no problems at all, and everything seems to be in its right place.. :)

Thanks again :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”