[REL] MH_AdvJumper v1.5 gamma Released

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

milling_hordesman
x3

[REL] MH_AdvJumper v1.5 gamma Released

Post by milling_hordesman » Tue, 5. Apr 05, 03:30

MH_AdvJumper_v1_5g.zip by the milling_hordesman

command descriptions:

* freejump: allows jumping to exact sector locations instead of gates only. jump cost is 1.5x normal jumpdrive energy cell cost. requires purchase of a subspace displacement drive and navigation software mk1. SSTC optional.

* hyperjump: allows super-luminous travel through sectors. fast, reliable transportation for when you need to be there now. jump price is 1 cell per 20km travelled. requires purchase of a hyperbolic drive and navigation software mk1. ecliptic projector(improves jump accuracy) and SSTC optional.

* autojump: a ship command, autojump will enable a ship equipped with freejump or hyperjump technolgy to perform jumps to get to their destination faster. useful for keeping wingmen on your tail. requires the purchase of navigation software mk1.

note:
singularity slope tension converter (SSTC): targeted at extremely wealthy audiences, the SSTC allows freejump and hyperjump actions to be performed without the expenditure of energy cells.

includes snazzy new jump sounds and more believable technology descriptions by AdmiralTigerClaw.
also thanks to Shanjaq for the autojump concept.
Last edited by milling_hordesman on Wed, 6. Apr 05, 23:49, edited 4 times in total.
//----------------------------------
--the milling_hordesman

Me Mods

Red Spot
x3

Post by Red Spot » Tue, 5. Apr 05, 11:22

Downloading ....

just got 1.4 for a day .. love to jump riught on top of my ass. mission target ... :roll: .. tnx ..

Red Spot
x3

Post by Red Spot » Tue, 5. Apr 05, 11:25

just one Q.

according to the forum .. scripts with an file starting with init should autoload .. your script has .. but doesnt autoload .. (1.4 at least)

I did manage to get it to work with the srcipt-editor (that Thereshallbewings thingything)
should do the same now??

DeltaWolf
x4

Post by DeltaWolf » Tue, 5. Apr 05, 13:53

For any unsigned script you must have the script editor enabled before it will work (even if it starts with init or setup)

Red Spot
x3

Post by Red Spot » Tue, 5. Apr 05, 17:50

tried it and like it a lot .. specially the hyperdrive

but could you get the free-jump on the "shift-J" command??
and seta doesnt work .. well it does work .. but when you jump and push the seta .. everything speeds up but you ..?!?

milling_hordesman
x3

Post by milling_hordesman » Tue, 5. Apr 05, 18:53

i wouldn't recommend using SETA with the hyperjump. there's built-in delays in the script, and trying to speed up those actually causes it to take you longer to get to your destination than without.

if you're asking about freejump and SETA, that's the way the game works. try using the jump drive from the navagation command menu; you'll find that SETA doesn't speed up the countdown either.

i don't know if i can override the game's normal functionality (the Shift+J thing). even if i could, i don't know if i'd want to; my scripts just add, they aren't really aimed at changing the core behavior.

thanks for letting me know that it works, though. i'm glad you like it.
--the milling_hordesman

Me Mods

fegnoid
x3

Post by fegnoid » Tue, 5. Apr 05, 19:02

i like the speed i like the speed man..... well back to my scripting
He got owned by a sink....

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Tue, 5. Apr 05, 19:06

I'm having a major problem on my end. My game was fine, but now suddenly I can't get it to load. It's not a problem with your script, I can't even get it to load a new galaxy from the first screen. (LOCK UP).

And reseting accidently corrupted my Local Profile for my machine, so I have to run around doing a settings transfer stunt. NOT PRETTY.

And then I may have to do a fresh install of X2.

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Tue, 5. Apr 05, 21:38

Well, I got X2 back online, got an alternate local profile set up as well, and dumped out my old one. Now I just need to reinstall, seventy some odd Xai scripts. (Mostly AI enhancement.)

List of Scripts I need to reinstall...

And I just put in my signed scripts...

XAI Advanced AI
AS Complex Software
Freejump
carrier software.
Station Upgrade Commands.
CAFSY (Create Argon Federal Shipyard, using this in conjunction with an alteration to the SUCs, I can make myself a get credits command for my testing.)
XAI Automining

milling_hordesman
x3

Post by milling_hordesman » Tue, 5. Apr 05, 22:41

wow, that's soem tough luck. good job getting it all running again so quickly. usually takes me a couple of hours when i hit a brick wall of that variety, too.

i've run into problems getting somee games to load as well, but the only problems that also involve errors starting a new universe are when:

1) an init script tries to access something before it's created
2) i royally messed something up in one of the /types files or something
--the milling_hordesman

Me Mods

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Tue, 5. Apr 05, 23:27

Almost back on track, reinstalled all the mods I've been using, and now I just need to check and adjust everything. (Including reinstalling my custom Soundtrack. Glad I retained it.)

However I have an oddball stuttering of the shipboard computer, so that's my next thing to check out.
"-cal trading network established.... succes-" is an example.
it should be "Successfully Docked, Connection to Local Trading Network Established."

Red Spot
x3

Post by Red Spot » Wed, 6. Apr 05, 01:14

if you could find out about that shift-J thingy .. pls let me know .. since I've got this .. I never used the reg. jump-drive ..

it did get me spooked at start .. set the hyperdrive to go at a station .. just before crashing in it .. it stopped .. I tought I was a goner or gonner whatever ... :wink:

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Wed, 6. Apr 05, 01:34

Shift + J is a hardcoded hotkey command, just like all keyboard commands...

There's nothing he can do for it.

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Wed, 6. Apr 05, 02:19

Alright... report time on the freejump and hyperjump systems.

Commands work great. Nothing to worry about.

Sounds, the J Drive externals aren't functioning correctly. I had some novas come out of jump next to me and they didn't so much as make a pip. Check to ensure the sound delay functions correctly when they make the jump AFTER they cross sector relocate.

Autojump command is awesome... however I've noted some malfunctions.

The proximity to cross system jump is rather dangerous. I came out of jump with a throttle setting of zero, and my chaser ships smacked into me from behind. I tested it with an Argon Collossus, and luckly, since it's speed was 'zero' according to the game, when it jumped into the back of me, it behaved like a low speed collission. With the freejump chase, the ships jump in too close a proximity to an unmoving vessel. Dangerous for a fleet. And finally, the ships only engage their autojump when their target (ME) went either out of the system, or past whatever range you set.
In the case of a freejump, this resulted in a forty second fleet movement.

I suggest the following.

-Larger proximity judgement, especially for larger ships, to prevent hyperjump end point collisions.
-A distance offset for the freejump to prevent the entire fleet jumping right on top of you.
-A command that checks if the ship the chasers are following engages the jump, they follow suit to local destinations with that ship, allowing for more synchronized jumps. For free and hyper jumps.

milling_hordesman
x3

Post by milling_hordesman » Wed, 6. Apr 05, 02:47

you're right, i messed up the order of operations (put sound gen before the relocate)

i shall change the proximity check to 2k instead of 1k. i had it that close to maintain accuracy, but i can see as where it'd be a problem if a ship is following you (though to tell the truth, i've never seen that happen before)

i'll spend a bit more time looking at the "chaser" jumping, after i've fixed my m0, which has chosen just this time to act up. expect an update, possibly as soon as tonight (EST).
--the milling_hordesman

Me Mods

milling_hordesman
x3

Post by milling_hordesman » Wed, 6. Apr 05, 04:05

AdmiralTigerclaw: could you do me a favor and copy these into your /scripts folder and give them a try, please?

New Scripts

make sure to restart any ships that are currently running auto-jump, as the script has been modified.

changes in this (soon-to-be) version:
added some functionality to autojump that will forward the destination positions of any freejumping/hyperjumping ships to any ships using autojump to follow them. then, the follower uses autojump to get to that location and waits for them.

added some functionality to microjump that changes the proximity detection. capitol ships have 5km, corvettes have 3km, fighters/transports/goner ships have 2km, anything not covered by that gets 5km of space from the target they're jumping to when they drop out of hyperspace.

fixed that freejump sound thing. oops...
--the milling_hordesman

Me Mods

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Wed, 6. Apr 05, 05:03

Oh HELL yes... although there seems to be an anomally concerning being in stations while ships are set to follow, but it's not major.

And they will follow you when set to protect you.

Next I should try 'attack all enemies' command.

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Wed, 6. Apr 05, 05:16

You've not seen anything until you've seen a whole task force move in synch. I don't think the X2's ever seen anything like this.... a full fleet movement.

This is going to rock if I can just get a correctly equipped task force set up.

milling_hordesman
x3

Post by milling_hordesman » Wed, 6. Apr 05, 05:32

thanks for testing it. the "large fleet movement" part sounds good. now i just need to save my nickels and dimes until i can afford one of those task forces :)

what was that anomaly, by the way? perhaps i can deal it before making the "officious-sounding 1.5 beta release" release.
--the milling_hordesman

Me Mods

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Wed, 6. Apr 05, 05:35

I entered the station, and the ships set to follow me started hopping back and forth across the local sector map. Nothing too crazy, unless you DON'T have the SSTC installed. (Because then you'd waste E-Cells.)

EDIT: I'm testing lots of functions, so I've been doing quite a substantial amount of cheating.

I use the CAFSY script to create a shipyard, then I run the SCRAP STATION command, set to give me one-hundred-million credits, instead of five hundred thousand.

After that, I just buy what I want and see how it works. A must when you start fresh in just a plain old disco. I like how well and balanced the jump system is working now. No random collissions, but I should test the script with a much larger fleet.

Oh, and, the Autojump command... If there were a way to 'broadcast' activate/deactivate it, that would help.

The following instances produced anomalies in the programing.

=Autopilot through a gate with it activated on your own ship, you freejump straight to center of next sector.

=Ships following you when you pass through a gate freejump instead of chase through gate.

These are both okay, except that you may not want them to do that if they don't have the SSTC installed. Perhaps making autojump command only function when the SSTC is installed so you don't have to 'fuel check' your fleet during ops. This way you can't accidently activate it, and lose half the fleet over a series of jumps and end up scattered about the universe.

Anywho, about ready to give me a draft of that 'Cargo Transport' scriptset?
Last edited by AdmiralTigerclaw on Wed, 6. Apr 05, 06:16, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”